[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that the dust has settled, give me a quick redpill rundown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

So now that the dust has settled, give me a quick redpill rundown on this.

I'm choosing between this and Kino Reeves, but I knead to know what I think of them.
>>
Pretty cool monster movie. Don't expect too much character development or a good plot. It's about adventure and exploration and danger with all sorts of monsters and huge animals on an unknown island. I watched the film for the monster action and the fights made with a big budget and I got what I wanted. If you expect more from the movie then skip it.
>>
>>80590542
Visually, Kong is a masterpiece. Tons of amazing shots and cool action set pieces. Worth an IMAX ticket, desu
>>
>>80590542
It's a B movie with a massive budget and I really enjoyed it for what it is. I think it's thematically strong. If you buy into the Vietnam and skull island parallels the film gives you some things to chew on plus an appealing (to me at least) aesthetic.

Kaiju battles are the main sell for me and I love this version of Kong. I also like how in this version lore wise he isnt just another monster on the island. He has a functional role.
>>
>>80590788
Definitely agree with this guy. Saw it in Imax and it was excellent.
>>
>>80590692
>>80590788
>>80591049
So it's like Dredd or Terminator 1 is what I'm getting from this. With maybe a few light allegories?
>>
>>80590692
This.
I loved this movie because it knew exactly what it was: a monster action/adventure movie.
It isn't full of itself like Jackson's version. No deep meaning, no hidden political statements, no character that is 2deep4u.

There's nonstop action from start to finish. Kong reveals himself in all his glory early in the film instead of the usual half-hidden reveals that take place in the second half. All the humans are expendables and are just there to get killed in some very creative ways by a variety of monsters. Samuel L. Jackson was great in it too. Also no quips.
>>
Peter Jacksons King Kong is better in literally every way
>>
>>80590542
it was fun as fuck, im now even more hyped for king kong vs godzilla
>>
>>80591122
you
>>
>not sneaking in to see the second one

what are you doing op
>>
>>80591434
Jackson version was trying to recapture the beats of the original story down to Kong's tragic fate at the end in New York. Skull island is a different kind of movie pulling elements from "Kong" mythos.
>>
>>80590542
Could you force any more memes into one post?
>>
I think Warner Bros wanted it to be a genre-defining action picture in the same vein as 300 back in 2007. The film's visual pallet even has a subtle similarity to Zack Snyder's 2007 film, not to mention the slow motion sequence with Tom Hiddleston swinging around in a green fog is pretty much the same as Leonidas' one shot track sequence in 300. Passable film with nice visuals but I think it could've benefitted more from being a gritty emotional epic, it did not have to settle for being a glorified b-movie with flat characters.

You should definitely see John Wick 2 instead.
>>
>>80591323
Does depth make your brain hurt?
>>
>>80590542

its great that kong has pretty much nothing but good official adaptations. The original is a classic. its sequel is good. the 76 version is great. the 2005 version is absolutely stunning, and this one is probably the most fun.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (34KB, 383x277px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
34KB, 383x277px
>>80591759
Do you need depth in every single movie you watch?
>>
>>80592144
No actually I was just projecting.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.