[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate the RT score if they simply hired an Asian guy to play Iron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: A FUCKING WHITE MALE.jpg (105KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
A FUCKING WHITE MALE.jpg
105KB, 674x1000px
Rate the RT score if they simply hired an Asian guy to play Iron Fist, and literally nothing else changes

>100%
>>
Half-asian guy that looks sort of white would have been prefect
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 238x212px
>>80576708
>>
>>80576769
Yes thank you for taking the bait!
apparently they don't go crazy if you raise half elves in Asia
>>
>>80576666
I don't get this whole big stink about him not being asian, wasn't he white in the comics? That's like asking netflix to make a Luke Cage that wasn't black or a Jessica Jones that wasn't a woman
>>
>>80576666
People would be tripping over themselves praising how authentic the Martial Arts scenes were.
>>
>>80576666
Anon, the show is bad...regardless of the race of the MC. Easily the worst of the Netlix Marvel shows.
>>
>>80576666
There's no doubt the score would have been given PC points with an Asian lead. That being said Finn Jones isn't a good actor and the show is poorly executed from top to bottom. It's like "what if we combined Daredevil and Green Arrow and gave it the affect of an MTV produced show". Who fucking thought that would be a good Idea.
>>
>>80577113
>>80577712
Is that a joke? The show is solid throughout, never drags and there are some genuinely good fights like the drunken fist bout.
>>
>>80577712
Saying "there is no doubt" doesn't make whatever bullshit you put after it any more true.
>>
>>80576666
Considering Luke Cage is at a 96% and Jessica Jones is at a 93%, I'd say a 100% is pretty accurate.
>>
Why can't retarded weak white sjw accept that even asians consider white men to be the most handsome men in the planet?
>some asian beta playing the lead role in a superhero show
Lel
>>
>>80577712
This is spot on.
>>
>>80577104
The martial arts scenes are super boring though
>>
this whitewashing shit is so messed up

there is so much martial arts stuff that you could watch with a chinese guy playing the main character, china make literally tonnes of it

if this show had a chinese main guy you think any chinese people would actually care? no they wouldn't

the only people complaining are SJW crusaders and people that have been taken in by their view of the world
>>
Isn't the comic book character white though? I really don't see how people got mad over this
>>
>>80577113
The user score is at 88%, pretty much in line with all the other Marvel Netflix shows, so you and the critics kind of stand alone in that regard. Also, I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's WAY better than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.
>>
>>80576666
What would the RT score be if they simply hired a black guy to play Iron Fist?

Also half the fight scenes are replaced with scenes of him fucking white women
>>
>>80576666
>Luke Cage: Audience Score 87%, Critic Score 96%
>Jessica Jones: Audience Score 90%, Critic Score 93%
>Iron Fist: Audience Score 88%, Critic Score 17%

I'd say, if critics were being fair and judged it on its actual merits and not on social justice points, it'd be in the 90% range.
>>
>>80578389
clearly no agenda here goyims
>>
>>80576666
Why do you people just make shit up to get triggered by.
>>
>>80577075
>>80578177
Yes, very. Blond haired, blue eyed white.

SJWs are angry that a white guy actor was cast to play a white guy character, because said white guy character knows martal arts. Only Asians should be allowed to do martial arts, which is only racist if you have self awareness. SJWs are just proving yet again that they lack this.

Making him Asian woukd also defeat the point of Danny being a stranger in a strange land on both fronts, since he doesn't quite fit in with either K'un-Lun ('cause he's white) and America ('cause he grew up in K'un-Lun). SJWs don't read comics and all they care about is that a cishet white male is on television, and that's bad.
>>
>>80578389
>now the marveldrones have a problem with rotten tomatoes critics
>>
>>80578229
Luke Cage was garbage but I was kind of into Jessica Jones, despite the unnecessary fucking. Great villain, decently satisfying ending, interesting cast.
>>
The comics character is white on purpose. Point was to have white boys identify with randy. Then when randy gets told he can't karate as good as T. Asian karate because rand is Whitey. white reader is suppose to feel descrimibation and contiplate his own racism in light of now feeling what it's like by identifying with white karate guy

Shows ok. It's not as good as the other 3 though. The only thing saving it is the connections to the others
>>
>>80578389
It's quite the opposite.
Iron Fist is the only show that got the rating it deserves, the other ones were praised for having a nigger and woman as lead
>>
>>80578389
>Critic Score 17%
Holy shit really?
>>
>>80578863
>Making him Asian woukd also defeat the point of Danny being a stranger in a strange land on both fronts, since he doesn't quite fit in with either K'un-Lun ('cause he's white) and America ('cause he grew up in K'un-Lun).

Shit, this is actually a really good point.
>>
>>80578863
>Stranger in both lands, not fitting in America or your home country
Sounds like being an Asian American
>>
>>80577758
>there are some genuinely good fights like the drunken fist bout.

No.
There is one decent looking fight in the entire show
>>
>Iron Fist's decided unwokeness is notable, particularly when Danny lectures Colleen, who is of East Asian descent, on the right way to channel her internal force. But it's just one of a list of flaws, with Jones's miscasting the most obvious issue.March 17, 2017 | Full Review…Sophie Gilbert

Bahahahaha
>>
>>80577113
still better than Thor
>>
Imagine being a weaboo alt righter
>>
>>80578389
>>80578980
why do you fags all forget about daredevil which is the best one
>>
>>80577966
Yes, but they wouldn't say that if they were being done by authentic mongoloids. That's my point.
>>
>>80578336
even a black dude would make more sense than an asian guy
>>
>>80579489
>unwokeness
people actually talk like this?
>>
>>80576666

Is this guy a kike?
>>
>>80577998
>china make literally tonnes of it
China is fucking tired of seeing only Chinese guys they hire the whitest actor in America to play in a movie.
>>
Some of the most racist people I know have high levels of wokeness

>Kwame Opam The Verge March 8, 2017Given that he's still the one person capable of taking up the Iron Fist mantle, it's hard to decouple his whiteness from his elevated position. But the show's race problems are intertwined with other nagging issu
>>
>>80579568
No and in the show its worded in a way that is seems like he is kind taking about balance more than raw strength.

He just dodges her telling her she is excellent at what she is doing but she should be more flexible in style.

I would love to see this Iron fist team up with Strange and/or Ghostrider.
>>
>>80579537
I haven't forgot about DD. It's the only show I like on marvel's Netflix. That's why I don't mention it when I'm pointing out how shit JJ LC and IF. All I wanted was DD season three and not defenders gimmick show or the rest of this garbage.
>>
lol they were kiking about the white guy before it even came out.

remember how people were supposed to stop indulging mentally ill leftcucks and hollyjews after they got btfo by Trump? funny how we are right back to feeding them and giving them the time of day every time they ask.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.