[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we meant to believe there was someone sitting on top of this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: beacons.png (282KB, 597x353px) Image search: [Google]
beacons.png
282KB, 597x353px
Are we meant to believe there was someone sitting on top of this mountain waiting to light this fucking beacon?

Explain this shit to me.
>>
>>80570633
Yeah? Are you retarded?
>>
>>80570646
Well there's no way someone could live on the peak of that mountain. Are you retarded?
>>
>>80570633
Yeah.
It's probably the job equivalent of high school swimmer working at the pool as a lifeguard
>>
>>80570670
They probably worked in shifts and went down when work was over
>>
The music in this scene was GOAT T B H
>>
>>80570670
They probably lived as a shepherd on the lower slopes, you can see some of their primitive huts in some of the other shots. When they saw their counterpart beacon being lit they would climb to the summit or work in shifts. It was a critical part of Gondor's military infrastructure so they were likely well-compensated. There is literally nothing unrealistic about this scene since there are numerous comparable historic examples of beacon/messenger systems crossing even larger and more inhospitable terrain.
>>
>>80570670
It's called "garrison" you idiot. Look up what the word means.
>>
>>80570670
I'm sure they had a cabin, or something a bigger a bit lower on the mountain were more men were stationed.
They would then rotate bonfire watch and that.
>>
>>80570670
you can when there's a supply line of food and fuel coming up daily and regular rotations of men living up there
>>
What would happen when a little shithead 10 year old goes and sneaks up and lights a beacon when nobody is watching for a couple ninutes
>>
It's unrealistic in the film how quickly they are lit.

The next beacon lights up literally seconds after the previous.
>>
>>80570773
Wouldn't happen because there are no children in a military garrison on a huge ass fucking mountain. They also had water on hand to douse the flame and the bonfire was constantly watched.
>>
>>80570775
Sometimes you need to speed things up to keep up the flow with something. In this case I think the music.
>>
>>80570633
Lemme tell you about my enlisted years when all I did was stand watch for hours, days, months. It was usually in the middle of the ocean. Never had the privilege of standing watch on top of a scenic mountain like that.
>>
>>80570633

The explanation is that Hackson values visuals higher than making sense. And values visuals much higher than how it happened in the books, where the beacon ran on much more accessible hills along the mountains.

But then nobody really reads books nowadays, so the movies are de facto canon and the books are ignored.
>>
>>80570822
Fuck off GRRM, visuals are more important than realism in a film.

>MUH TAXES
>>
>>80570670
>being this retarded and unimaginative

Life is wasted on you.
>>
>>80570775
>It's unrealistic in the film how quickly they are lit.
Yep, this.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.