[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have yet to see anyone realize that this movie is blatant globalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

I have yet to see anyone realize that this movie is blatant globalist propaganda.

In the movie, the US military are the bad guys driven to attacking the aliens by a conservative radio host similar to Alex Jones.

One character laments on the fact that our planet lacks a strong single leader and in the end the communist chinese are the ones who see reason and save the day.
>>
>>80562780
Plenty of threads saying that when the movie was relevant
>>
>alien octopus looking things
>giant banana spaceship
>still boring as fuck
>>
>>80562780
I think Hollywood sucks Chinese dick so hard because China only allows a certain number of films into their country a year. It's a fucking massive market so pandering to the chinks is a great way to get your movie on that list a acceptable movies.

Expect to see a lot more movies where the Chinese are heralded as heroes.
>>
>>80562780
Every major studio movie has some propaganda angle, it could be a main theme or often just a tangent, to cast the specific propaganda into a positive light within the fictional world of the movie.
>>
>>80562780

Fuck you.
You already had millions of "FUCK YEAH AMERICA" movies in the 80's and 90's. You already had millions of movies with foreigner villains. You already had millions of movies where the world is saved my murrikhans.
Fuck you.
>>
>>80562780
>the communist chinese are the ones who see reason and save the day
no.

the whole unification thing only makes sense in a reality where everyone can absolutely trust one another and no balance of conflicting powers is necessary because everyone can without a doubt know another's intentions and put faith in them. kinda like the time defying perspective vision she had at the end
>>
>>80562780
>someone had a different viewpoint than I have
>cry about it on the internet
yawn
>>
>>80562780
Why does Jeremy Renner keep getting work? His face is so ugly and is unpleasant to look at.
>>
>>80562780
This movie was shit for plenty of more clever reasons than it hurting your political sensibilities.
>>
>>80564034
it was clearly globalist propaganda but the sci fi story was still pretty good and a refreshing change from the usual aliens battles humans generic bs we always get
>>
>>80564002
HH
>>
>>80564669
why is one world government a bad thing, again?
>>
>>80566592
The Olympics would become really boring.
>>
>>80566592
A complete lack of real democratic representation.

Look at guns. The UN - not that it could do anything, openly really doesn't like the American right to bear arms. The EU is cracking down on Switzerland gun rights now despite the fact that they aren't even an EU country.

Globalism leads to nations being stripped of the ability to define themselves and their society.
>>
>>80567080
>A complete lack of real democratic representation.

So identical to all current governments.
>>
>>80567080
>Globalism leads to nations being stripped of the ability to define themselves and their society.

Wow, one world governance leads to ... one... world... governance...

that's amazing
>>
>>80567178
There's not a lot me and my neighbors would have in common with Omar "shit in the streets" Pajhit when it comes to how we want our schools and public services to function. Forcing either of us under one standard is no bueno.
>>
>>80567157
>I'm a cynic and it makes my non-opinion valuable
No, but it would exacerbate the problems already found in current governments. Millions of Americans already feel disenfranchised every couple years. Imagine that blown up to billions. If full globalism ever were put in play, I doubt it'd even last.

>>80567178
>nation - a large aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.
If you don't even know what a nation is, you probably shouldn't be talking politics.
>>
>>80562780
>In the movie, the US military are the bad guys driven to attacking the aliens by a conservative radio host similar to Alex Jones.

You're right! irl the radio host would be Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck.
>>
>>80562780
The propaganda's right, alex jones is a fucktard, and a globalist world is significantly saner than anything he'd propose. Also, the Chinese general is the villain - he nearly kills everyone out of paranoia.
>>
>>80566592
It's not, I can't wait for Trump to become the literal God-Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>80567080
This. As a Texan, I wish New York and California would fuck off and stop influencing national politics so much.
>>
>the US military are the bad guys driven to attacking the aliens by a conservative radio host

How old were you around 2002-2003?
>>
>>80567243
and what is wrong, exactly, with having a single global aggregate of people united by common descent, history, culture, language?

and your opinions on the effects of single world governance are just idiotic fear-mongering based in absolutely nothing.
>>
>>80562780
America sucks, fuck yourself with a knife.
>>
>>80568196
most the people in dallas, fort worth, and austin wish rural texas would become it's own state as well, hick
>>
I WANT MORE NOT-SQUID ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: how to spot an SJW.jpg (61KB, 680x490px) Image search: [Google]
how to spot an SJW.jpg
61KB, 680x490px
That's not what propaganda is you mental midget /pol/ erina.
>>
>>80563457
So we had good movies in the 80s and 90s? I agree. I wish we made better ones now.
>>
Why is /tv/ so tsundere for /pol/?

Every time I'm on /tv/, it's always Reddit crossposters and 4chan infighting
>>
This movie is anti-christian propaganda.
See how the aliens(false prophets sent by literally Satan) teach her a language that makes her think she can experience time non-linearly, but the truth is that she can see the events that Satan wants her to make happen, and thinking that's the way it's supposed to be she does exactly what he wants(this happens with anyone who learns the language).
After the final events of the movie her daughter raises from the dead to become the global administrator(she's literally the anti-christ).
>>
>>80562780
>a conservative radio host similar to Alex Jones.
>Alex Jones
>Conservative

ha
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.