[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Is he a bad guy? >Yeah. >How can you tell? >Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

>Is he a bad guy?
>Yeah.
>How can you tell?
>Because he's a shark.
>There's no good sharks?
Unironically what did he mean by this? Was he the shark? Or the scorprion? Or the frog? Was Nino the shark? Standart?
>>
the jew who ran the pizza shop, neyo or whatever, was the shark
it was him that set the whole shit show off. he fucked up, which forced Dirty Hands Man into fucking with the Driver
>>
>>80552215
What do you call someone that lends money?

A loan shark.

Who loaned money to Crystal Blue Meth?

Use your head.
>>
>tfw you would fuck a shark
>>
Yes he was a shark. He was a naturally violent man, just waiting for a reason.
>>
>>80552215
>Unironically what did he mean by this?
You're too stupid to live
>>
He was a scorpion that was trying not to be a scorpion, but it was in his nature to always be one
>>
Kid was wrong, Driver was a good shark
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>80552215
That's about how the bad guys are always ugly in kid's show. Gosling's character is cute and seems trusty, but he has done stuff too.
>>
>>80554510
cute anime girl
>>
>>80552215
A shark is believed to be naturally a killing machine. So therefore they can't be good because it's not in their nature.

There's a story about a frog and a scorpion.

The story goes that a scorpion needs to cross a river so he asks for the help of a frog to get across. The frog at first refuses because he believes the scorpion would sting him and kill the frog. However the scorpion says if he did that, then the scorpion would sink and drown; killing them both. So the frog trusts the scorpion, tries to cross the river, and then is stung. As they are both about to die the frog asks why did the scorpion doom them both? To which the scorpion replies; it's in my nature.

The driver is the scorpion (as seen on his jacket), and the 2nd half of the movie is how he doesn't just walk away but goes kill the other guys. He is naturally a killing machine, and despite doing it for people he cares about; he isn't redeemable because "there's no good sharks".
>>
>>80556816
he's the frog who carries the scorpion on his back dumbass
>>
>I drive

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80552858
>driver
>good
>got everyone around him killed
>>
>>80557404
He's the scorpion who did bad things because it's in his nature
>>
>>80556816
>>80557514
He's the frog you moron
>>
>>80557826
What animal did he have on his jacket?
>>
>>80557928
The scorpion. ON HIS BACK
Jesus are you retarded
>>
>>80557993
Are you?
>>
>>80557928
He literally has a scorpion on his back.
>>
File: 1472924107217.png (512KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1472924107217.png
512KB, 660x495px
>Driver is the frog. He's carrying the scorpion on his back
>>
>>80558070
>Your friend nino didn't make it across the river
I hate reddit so fucking much. Post 10 capeshit threads an hour idk. But don't talk about Drive you tryhard failure
>>
Has symbolism been done better than this movie> It's somehow simultaneously heavy handed and brilliant.

Based Refn
>>
>>80558117
I guess I should have used another image to express my realization
>>
I thought the shark was supposed to be the loan sharks (Nino and the guy who stabbed him)
goose is supposed to be the frog not the scorpion
>>
>>80552858
Kids a racist mofo
>>
>>80552729
slut
>>
How could a remorseless killing machine possibly be compared to the frog?
>>
>>80558481
Scorpion on the back innit
>>
>>80552215

Its basically a reflection of what his inner monologue must have been at that point in the film. Hes questioning the morality of the mobsters in relation to his own. He does bad things but hes not a bad guy. He realizes that the same isnt true of them. His realization that "there are no good sharks" is a turning point for his character. If you swim with them long enough you will become one. Its basically his turn away from selfishness and towards heroism.
>>
>>80558070
Unironically made me think.

I initially assumed that the driver acted like the frog, rolling the thugs around every now and then, and the jacket was supposed to function as a reminder (to others, if nothing else) that he could very much act like the scorpion, too, if needed be.

>tfw so divorced from common sense that I see the MC as chaotic neutral rather than evil
>>
>>80552215
He was watching West Side Story obviously.
>>
>>80559348

But he is chaotic neutral
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.