[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Apparently, Malick absolutely loves talking about pop culture,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1350876010943.jpg (91KB, 664x633px) Image search: [Google]
1350876010943.jpg
91KB, 664x633px
>Apparently, Malick absolutely loves talking about pop culture, which includes quoting one of his most beloved movies: “Zoolander.” His love for it is so well known that word got around to Ben Stiller, who ended up recording Malick a happy birthday video in-character several years ago. The director also reportedly loves Renny Harlin’s schlocky shark movie “Deep Blue Sea” and can be spotted roaming around Austin in Hawaiian shirts.

>Sam Pressman, an acquaintance of Malick’s, elaborated on the director’s personality to Texas Monthly writer Eric Benson. “He’ll make these wild associations that really surprise me. You’ll hear him say something like, ‘I just heard this Jason Derulo song, ‘Talk Dirty.’ I haven’t heard a love song like this before.’ And you’ll think to yourself, ‘That’s so weird, that’s such a shitty pop song.’ And then you’ll listen to it again and you’ll hear this Turkish lick, and you’ll say, ‘Actually, that seemingly innocuous pop song has something really cool to it.'”
>>
File: plebbit.png (205KB, 1110x356px) Image search: [Google]
plebbit.png
205KB, 1110x356px
>>80535208
Helloooo, Reddit
>>
>>80535273
lmao

they're like 10 years late on this.
>>
>>80535208
>Deep Blue Sea
i love deep blue sea

damn maybe i'm a genius like malick then...
>>
Everyone knows these facts about Terrence "from Assyrian oil driller to admirer of Ben Stiller" Malick, reddit
>>
>At Mont Saint-Michel during filming for To The Wonder, the Director of Photography complained to Malick about the lack of light choosing to film at 4am according to sources within the film crew [23]. Upon the complaint, Malick closed his eyes and inhaled deeply for a few moments only for the sunrise to appear as the visionary director opened his eyes
>>
>>80535208
Terry is the least pretentious man alive so I'm not surprised he's honest about his love for pop culture. I think all enjoy the occasional Taylor Swift song, but we're too ashamed to admit it. Terry on the other hand is bringing sincerity back.
>>
Kubrick was a huge fan of the movie The Jerk, saying it was the best comedy ever made.
>>
>>80536650

because it is
>>
>>80535208
>"It seems to me that Terry does so much of his work in the editing room," explains production designer Jack Fisk on the commentary—but there, too, Malick works in mysterious ways. According to one of The Thin Red Line's three editors, Billy Weber, Malick saw a full version of the film exactly once: a five-hour work print assembled during the 18-month-long post-production process, and screened for him under some duress. ("We forced him to watch," Weber says in an interview.) Otherwise, Malick edited by watching one reel at a time, with the sound off, while listening to a Green Day CD. If he missed any dialogue, it stayed in; if he didn't, it would likely be supplanted by music or voiceover.
He is a god among men
>>
>>80536650

He was also a fan of White Men Can't Jump.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.