[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: 70s films that are fucking amazing. The French Connecti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: french1.jpg (324KB, 1280x1000px) Image search: [Google]
french1.jpg
324KB, 1280x1000px
ITT: 70s films that are fucking amazing. The French Connection has some of the best chase scenes ever filmed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEloJ5venk
>>
I watched this and My Dinner with Andre on the same day, maximum comfy.
>>
>>80518000
Dirty Harry, obviously.
>>
70's > 40's > other decades > shit > 90's-10's
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_THMtUTSe8Q

When people talk about the crazy 70's they talk about Russ Meyer films.
>>
>rooftop sniper tries to assassinate an NYPD detective
>kills a mother walking her infant
>escapes and boards a train, there shoots and presumably kills a police officer and civilian
>hijacks and crashes the train, inadvertently killing the driver, injuring unknown more
>meanwhile the detective commandeers a vehicle, drives recklessly through traffic, crashes numerous times
>shoots an unarmed man in the back that he thinks is the shooter because the man limped out of a train wreck and turned away from the officer

>next scene continues the investigation like nothing happened
Really took me out of the film
>>
The Taking of Pelham 123
>>
File: Being There.jpg (259KB, 988x1500px)
Being There.jpg
259KB, 988x1500px
Network, The Long Goodbye, Annie Hall, Being There
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 800x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 800x641px
China Syndrome? Haven't seen it myself, but Baudrillard claims that it predated the Harrisburg Explosion.
>>
>>80518000
French Connection sucked balls
>>
>>80519089
nah he knew it was the sniper when he shot him in the back, I would have liked to have seen at least one little quip from somebody (maybe his boss or partner??) mentioning the craziness that had just transpired. Also the scene previous to that chase is them being told they were off the case, so I guess it's assumed that after the whole fiasco the police chief wants them to continue?
>>
>>
>>80519880
this, i fell sleep once, on the other hand To Live And To Die in LA is GOAT
>>
>>80523182
>To Live And Die in LA

Agreed, God tier film right there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.