[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we're in the Golden Age of Television and they can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>tfw we're in the Golden Age of Television and they can't make a decent Star Trek series
Why has every Trek past TNG been utter shit?
>>
>>80515533
>Why has every Trek past TNG been utter shit?
Things went downhill after the "ferengi" came along
>>
They weren't "utter" shit, they just couldn't top TNG.

Even the original was average.
>>
File: 1488201620242.png (439KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488201620242.png
439KB, 1024x1024px
>>80515584
>tfw Roddenberry got shafted for trying to redpill people about the Jews
>>
>>80515533
>Why has every Trek past TNG been utter shit?

I appreciate this post.

Most of the time plebs try to pretend they aren't plebs, but OP is out in the open, broadcasting how much of a pleb he is so that we may mock/ignore him with ease.

Thank you OP. You're a credit to your kind.
>>
File: 1487898143668.png (323KB, 439x283px) Image search: [Google]
1487898143668.png
323KB, 439x283px
>>80515708
>He enjoyed Voyager
>>
>>80515619
The original was the worst of the bunch, so campy it's unwatchable by modern standards. I respect it for starting the franchise but TOS is just awful.
>>
ds9 best star trek.
>>
>>80515533
DS9 was pure trekino.

After that was pretty shit
>>
TNG>TOS>Ent>DS9>Voy

fight me
>>
>>80517121
TNG > DS9 > Voy > TOS > Ent
>>
>>80517002
I was being kind when I said average. Personally I hate TOS, it's worse than DS9 imo but as you said it lead onto TNG so for that reason it gets some love.

It's like the old Dr Whos, cardboard sets and hammy acting.
>>
ds9 is a pleb filter and anyone who hates it is a braindead redditor or contrarian child
>>
File: 1482723781641.png (201KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
1482723781641.png
201KB, 700x674px
>>80515533
A large part of the "golden age of television" was making series about edgy antiheroes who really only cared about themselves. Star Trek in general, but TNG specifically, is about people selflessly trying to achieve mankind's best. Very few shows like that exist.

If you're a talented writer nowadays, do you want to be boxed in by the Star Trek universe and everything that comes with it, both from a storytelling perspective and from a corporate control perspective?
>>
>>80517205
I'm watching TNG now and it's surprising how well it's aged. The first two seasons have aged badly, but past that it's still some damn good television.
>>
>>80517273
this, Star Trek was about a bright future where people work together and stick to noble ideals.
>>
>>80517273
What I mean by "Golden Age of Television" is that TV shows now have large budgets and are basically extended Hollywood movies with story arcs that continue over multiple seasons. LOST, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Deadwood. That kind of stuff.
>>
>>80515533
DS9 is the best though
>>
File: 200_s.gif (50KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
50KB, 355x200px
>>80517273
>not wanting to shore up the one sci-fi universe where the future isn't insta-death from encountering proto-lifeforms in space with Level 4 Hot Agent status
>modern Trek fans prefer to bitch about class / gender / racial identity rather than recognize that Trek's explanation of its success was "if you quit giving a fuck about that we can do cool shit"
Jesus, you people forget how to walk if there isn't anybody there to hold your hand.
>>
http://www.cosmoetica.com/B14-DES2.htm
Interesting piece on Star Trek written by an autistic/deranged literature critic right after Voyager ended.
>>
>>80517273
You mean like DS9?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.