[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://variety.com/2017/digital/new s/netflix-thumbs-vs-star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: nflix1.jpg (188KB, 827x789px) Image search: [Google]
nflix1.jpg
188KB, 827x789px
http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-thumbs-vs-stars-1202010492/

>Netflix trying to hide the fact 90% of their movies have bad reviews

I remember back in the day you could write reviews for Netflix movies, now you can't even give it a numerical rating anymore.
>>
Netflix is cancer, they make sjw shit content and are making everyone lazy by marathoning series and movies

their release schedule is bullshit too, you can watch all the episodes in one sitting not having time to think about and reflect about what youre watching, so by the end you think you saw a good thing while it was mostly mediocre
>>
>>80510792
Being able to watch an entire season at your own pace is the least of their problems. You're not required to watch 20 episodes in a row without stopping. You can watch one a month if you feel like it.
>>
>>80510792
netlix is shit but it's not their fault you're too retarded to form a real opinion on things.
>>
Most people either give things 1 star or 10 stars, so it makes little difference.
>>
>>80511426

This, 4 stars if you're feeling like being honest and because nobody's perfect
>>
>trying to stop polarizing ratings
>make it even more polarizing

really gets y'olde noggin jivin
>>
>>80511497
I suppose they did a lot of careful math that went behind making this decision and found it preferable somehow, but I can't imagine why.

Thumbs up and thumbs down is a really bad way to review things though. There's a lot of garbage that I would give thumbs up that I think deserves it but people would give thumbs down.
>>
>>80511624
I need to patent a thumbs down, meh, thumbs up ratings system
>>
>>80510792
Perfect example of this is the OA
>>
netflix recognizing the fact that people only rate 1 or 5 stars and anything inbetween is only the result of some arbitrary redditors scale quality making it irrelevant
>>
File: Fk You, It's January! (2017).webm (713KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fk You, It's January! (2017).webm
713KB, 1280x720px
>THUBMS UP, RATE AND SUBSCRIBE . ALSO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, TUMBLR, TINDER, GRINDER, REDDIT AND 4CHINS ;^)
>>
>>80511050
He's not wrong. It is a problem because people binge watch whole season, discuss them in like a week then everyone is done talking about it. Netflix shows have no staying power.
>>
>>80512194
>He's not wrong.
>NETFLIX IS AT FAULT BECAUSE PEOPLE DECIDE TO WATCH STUFF AT THEIR OWN PREFERRED PACE
>He's not wrong.
>>
>>80510679
Wow this is fucking retarded

They spent millions of dollars in competitions to perfect their recommendation system

They are really becoming reddit now
>>
Does anybody even care? Who considered the Netflix reviews when looking for something to watch?
>>
>>80512335
Most of the reviews there are pretty shit.
>>
>>80512335
Anytime you look at the predicted rating
>>
>>80512335
The 1-5 score can be a tiebreaker for a more effective Netflix and chill. I can argue that my preferred show is 3 while hers is 2 without making her cry.
>>
>>80512020
Honestly I'm happy that they used the Netflix format for OA. If I had to sit through weeks of waiting and thinking about the show only to get that awful ending, then I'd be fucking mad.
>>
The stars were never based upon reviews, but how likely you'd like something or some shit. Basically they were random.
>>
>>80512538
I rest my case >>80510792

our tv suffers from this, we got lower quality shit with "sjw values" instead of thoughtful kinos
>>
>>80510679
Netflix is for shit and for poor people. Lets watch some shitty straight to bin movies or like two decent original programmings or shit that has been on TV years ago.
>>
>>80512593
You're retarded.

The only reason anyone gives a fuck about lost right now is sunk-cost.
>>
>>80512194
It's 10x worse being only able to watch a show at a single specific time once a week and if you miss it your shit out of luck until they happen to rerun it. I kind of prefer watching episodes any time, any day, as often as I want, as much as I want.
>>
>>80510679
Thats actually really shitty

I hated it even when youtube changed it.
>>
File: 1-howling-wolf.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-howling-wolf.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
I actively avoid netflix productions.

When they started out with House of Cards and Bloodlines they were good and all that but now I know that whenever I see "Netflix Production" it's shit.
>>
I just go look up imdb reviews and user topics
>>
I don't know why anyone still subscribes to it.

It hasn't had a good selection since 2012.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.