[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We should send an away team >Let's send every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (263KB, 543x504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
263KB, 543x504px
>We should send an away team
>Let's send every single one of our senior officers so there's nobody left to run the ship if something happens
>>
Data was shit when he wasn't full Data-mode.
>>
File: f1pDjvQ.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f1pDjvQ.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
>it's a troi episode
>>
>>80485300
>when you realize Starfleet is actually based on the survival of the fittest
>>
Data is easily the best dude on the ship. Funny as fuck.
Remember the one where he had that suitcase and forgot who he was?
>>
File: 1467565229396.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1467565229396.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>80485300
>Computer, generate a universe where I'm not a 27 year old virgin
>Unable to comply with your request ... virgin
>>
>>80485300
Yes, it really is a silly way to run a ship, and you noticed it. good for you!
>>
>Let's send our ships counselor
>>
>>80485300

This is one of the main stupidities with the entire franchise; my dad's been pointing it out since time immemorial.

It's also the reason why, in the movie Alien, Dallas was wrong to over-ride Ripley, and insist that HE be the one to go into the vent after Brett was killed. The captain needs to be with the ship; going into the vent in a risky move is a perfect task for a petty officer, which is what Ripley really is.

"Who gets to go into the vent?" Ripley, quietly: "I do." Dallas "No..." [etc]. Ripley had already signed up to be killed next, but was over-ridden by Dallas. And notice how, IMMEDIATELY after Dallas was killed/taken, the remaining crew went to shit.
>>
>>80485300
It's a TV show. The alternative is having a bloated cast with characters that exist purely for away team missions and you have plenty of useless characters like O'Brien and Troi already.
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>80487270
>tfw the character I most identify with is Reginald fucking Barclay
>>
>>80487270
>Computer, generate a universe where I'm not a 27 year old virgin
>Happy 28th birthday ... virgin
>>
>Get sent down with their uniforms and maybe a tricorder
>No food or water or survival clothing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.