[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the last movie you watched, what you thought of it, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 13

Post the last movie you watched, what you thought of it, and what's next on your to watch list.
>>
Capote. Severely overwhelming. PSH was fine, but the screenplay was pretty uninspired and lacking much depth.

Next... i just cant say
>>
>>80469279
I watched the taking of Pelham one two three. Liked it a lot, felt very fast paced for an older movie. Last shot was perfect. I'm going to see Logan tomorrow in the theaters.
>>
File: IMG_0687.jpg (45KB, 449x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0687.jpg
45KB, 449x463px
>Last: L'age d'Or
Pretty good, stagnant middle but the ending was strong. Bunuels surrealist touch complimented the theme immensely. Great performance by Lya Lys

>Next: Either Mouchette or Pickpocket
Have been meaning to check out more Bresson. A Man escaped is in my top 10
>>
>>80469279
Kubo and the 2 strings
Cute movie. Wish it would have done better. I kind of want to fuck that monkey,
>>
File: dogue_one.png (2MB, 1400x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dogue_one.png
2MB, 1400x1500px
This steaming pile of shit.
And hopefully no more movies ever
>>
>>80469910
>And hopefully no more movies ever

Will you still enjoy flicks or films?
>>
>>80469279
>Last: The Wages of Fear
True "thriller" with superb execution of suspense, a bit of a slow start but from then on it's pure edge of your seat kino

>Next: Sorcerer
Apparently the Friedkin remake is worth seeing too
>>
Tokyo drifter
Had some really good scenes and a really good third act, but I didn't like it that much, at least not as much as I expected to like from what I 've heard.
I am thinking of watching Barry Lyndon.
>>
Manchester by the sea, it was funny sad

next up: an episode of friday night lights
>>
>>80470081
No kino, no flicks, no films, no movies, no tv
Fucking bullshit waste of time

until I slip back into crippling depression and the cycle repeats
>>
>Paprika
Really good. Satoshi Kon is the greatest animation director

>Raise the Red Lantern
Hopefully it's good
>>
>>80470226
>>
File: Mikio-Naruse.png (562KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mikio-Naruse.png
562KB, 750x400px
The Bad Sleep Well

Highly recommend. Just as good, if not better than High and Low. Sort of like a mystery with a morality tale.

Next: Either one of Naruse's silent films or one of these bad boys. Any recommendations?
https://letterboxd.com/eo_ipso/list/to-watch/

>>80469393
Underwhelming

>>80469735
Can't go wrong with either of those from Bresson. I think I like Pickpocket slightly more than Mouchette. Should add Diary of a Country Priest to your watchlist too.
>>
>>80470325

I love tangled!
>>
>>80469279
Saw a double feature with Indignation and Moonlight last night. Moonlight was on last and fuck, it made me sad. I found it very relatable even though i grew up in a white Australian neighbourhood. They just nailed some aspects of what it's like to be a young gay person and not really know it.

Next either The Sea Inside (2004), There Will Be Blood (2007) or O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000).
>>
Her. Wasted potential but it looked nice

Probably something else by Jonze like Three Kings
>>
>>80470608

how was indignation? there's a trailer for it in manchester bts and it looked good
>>
File: a1467243531320.png (751KB, 709x567px) Image search: [Google]
a1467243531320.png
751KB, 709x567px
>>80470602
And Tangled loves you
>>
>>80470798

>elsa
>chick from tangled
>jasmine
>the famale lions in lion king
>cutie from the croods

these animators know exactly what they're doing
>>
>>80469279
Terminator 2, one of those movies its just comfy to give a rewatch once every few years. Some scenes that are a bit too mood breaking for me desu (Arnold saying "I need a vacation"for instance) but overall still great action movie.

Synecdoche, New York already downloaded. Getting my Hoffman-kino on.
>>
>>80470371
>https://letterboxd.com/eo_ipso/list/to-watch/
angeloupoulos obviously nerd
>>
The Untouchables.

I dislike it pretty much. The actors were badly casted, the direction wasn't too great, and the script was extremely melodramatic.

The best parts featured Billy Drago(mafia hitman) who was creepy as fuck.

Next? I do not know, probably another mafia movie that I haven't watched.
>>
File: oy.jpg (230KB, 1646x696px) Image search: [Google]
oy.jpg
230KB, 1646x696px
Guess this motherfuckers.
Next will be Mrs. Doubtfire, I should've downloaded it before pic related.
>>
File: tout-va-bien.jpg (186KB, 1024x626px) Image search: [Google]
tout-va-bien.jpg
186KB, 1024x626px
Tout va bien

Interesting on a number of levels. Far less exciting than most of godard's 1960s films but still good.

Don't know what next, maybe Vagabond.
>>
>>80469279
Kong. Fucking trash
>>
>>80469279
We need to talk about kevin
>>
>>80470792
It was fine, around a 7/10. I wouldn't pay to see it. They kept on making these *wink wink, nudge nudge* references to Hitchcock which really frustrated me. It's all about morality but the moral quandary of the film was so insignificant by today's standards that it was hard to feel the gravity of the situation. The pacing was lackluster. Maybe if you went through the American college system it might mean more to you but I couldn't really relate or sympathise a lot of the time. Couple of great performances though.
>>
>Nosferatu (1922)

Impeccable and had a really haunting atmosphere. Loved it. Count Orlok is an ugly mother fucker and is my favourite vampire design.

>Next: Eyes Wide Shut

Hoping to watch it this weekend.
>>
>>80471071
The Fountain?
>>
>>80469279
Logan. Great.

Next on my watch list is: The Fountain, High Fidelity, Badlands, Dances with Wolves, The Princess Bride or The Godfather

Looking for a movie to watch with a gril.
>>
>>80471207
Nope.
Clue: "Mrs. Doubtfire" is in it
>>
>>80469279
I don't really watch movies
>>
File: sausage party.jpg (462KB, 1695x2033px) Image search: [Google]
sausage party.jpg
462KB, 1695x2033px
>>80471331

watch it with a gril
>>
>>80471071
what dreams may come
>>
>>80471487
Uuuuhhhh that's a bingo. Is that how you say it? Go watch Inglourious Basterds y'all!
>>
>Last: A Short Film About Killing
It was great, I found it incredibly moving and powerful.
>Next: La Chinoise
>>
>>80471411
only because you got dubs. i hope you're not memeing me anon.
>>
Rewatching some Anonioni films just finished L'eclisse and loved it. Will probably watch Red Desert or an episode or two of The Leftovers for my rewatch before season 3 starts.
>>
In the Mood for Love, it was a re-watch of an all time favorite. It's always been one of the most affecting and visually striking films I've seen. I'll probably watch As Good as It Gets tomorrow.
>>
>>80472349
60s antonioni best antonioni
>>
File: 3x3 early 2016.png (691KB, 611x609px) Image search: [Google]
3x3 early 2016.png
691KB, 611x609px
>>80472243
>Next: La Chinoise

based, enjoy

>Last: Blazing Saddles
fantastic obviously. even though i'm basically a SJW, i'm pleased to find the racial humor and all that is still great.

>Next: Cigarette Burns (Masters of Horror)
>>
>>80473124
I've seen and liked 2 or 3 things i know about her and week-end, I assume I will like la chinoise.

Not that poster though
>>
>>80473353
you probably will like it. la chinoise definitely skews towards his more lecturing side of things. Contempt is more romantic, personal.
>>
>last
Jackson's King Kong. It was a thoughtful revision of the original, subverting and almost parodying the inherent misogyny/racism and opening up the material in really interesting ways, making the tragedy of Kong explicit rather than subtext. Watts and Serkis both knock it out of the park, and I though Black was great, like Orson Welles by way of Fred Dobbs. There are some stunning setpieces on Skull Island too, particularly the first scene with the natives and the scene with the bugs. There were definitely some issues, especially with the use of the run-time. So many logical leaps, loose ends and character arcs that go nowhere, which is hard to forgive in a 3+ hour film. Overall I thought it was quite good, though. Jackson's reverence for the original and formal classicism work wonders here.

>next
Torn between Inland Empire, The Lone Ranger and King Kong vs. Godzilla.
>>
Logan

Thought it was great, but overrated (probably because I have way too many MCUfags in my social media feeds) and nowhere near as good as The Dark Knight or Batman Begins. I'll probably see it again before it leaves theaters though.

Debating whether or not I should catch a matinee of Kong on Saturday. Unless I hear that they're total crap beforehand, I try to see most blockbuster action movies in theaters.
>>
>>80471411

I'm joking anon.

you said watch it with a grill , sausage party = grilling sausage

cmon man
>>
>>80474306

that was meant for >>80472308
>>
>>80469279
Logan

A good movie and a good last film for the character, much better than "death of Wolverine"
Hope they don't fuck up X23 by giving her a movie next year and incorporate her in other x-men movies

Hopefully, I can watch sorcerer sometime this spring
>>
The Prestige. I loved it but I'm not sure what Michael Caine's monologue at the end was for. He acts like the audience is missing something when the entire story seemed completely transparent. Christian Bale had a twin and Hugh Jackman kept killing himself over and over again. Is there some big twist that I'm missing?
>>
File: Blue_Jay_film_poster.jpg (28KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Jay_film_poster.jpg
28KB, 320x480px
Blue Jay
It was sad with great acting but ti fails a bit in the scripts and direction

About to watch Dune to see what all the fuss is about
>>
>>80476463
the point is that you didn't see the twists until the director or "magician" actually revealed the prestige. Quite clever actually.
>>
>>80476164
Why no movie for x23??
>>80476572
That's a good point. I thought that Bale had cloned himself the whole time when he just had a twin brother. I still don't get why Caine made it sound like I was still missing something. I guess that's just Christopher Nolan's thing.
>>
>>80476634
>Why no movie for x23??
The entire point of the ending is that they don't have to fight anymore, Logan even explicitly says it. Bringing her back and making her a superhero would cheapen that ending so much.
>>
>>80476692
That's true. I can't really imagine Dafne in another role though and she and Mangold said they're gonna push for it to happen. You have to remember that Mangold is a filthy hack.
>>
>>80476791
Mangold is the closest thing to a real filmmaker to come near the X-Men movies ever. His mentor was Alexander Mackendrick.
>>
>>80476838
I don't disagree. Don't get me wrong; I absolutely loved Logan. He just does a lot of hack shit.
>>
File: the-gunman-2015.36261.jpg (929KB, 1600x2263px) Image search: [Google]
the-gunman-2015.36261.jpg
929KB, 1600x2263px
The Gunman
Fucking boring. Javier Bardem was good and Sean Penn was alright. Everything else was kind of shitty.
flick/10
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.