[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was his death so anti-climatic? i thought he would have died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

File: professor-x-header[1].jpg (48KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
professor-x-header[1].jpg
48KB, 1400x700px
why was his death so anti-climatic? i thought he would have died using his powers
>>
it was a shit film with a rushed script thats why. Ofcourse Logan sympathisers will pipe up their usual drivel of 'thats what death is dude! its abrupt!'
>>
>>80457997
that's probably why they did that instead
>>
Napoleon died alone. Scared, cold and in pain.
>>
>his death was like that time you jerked it twice in a row and the second time wasnt as good as the first time after wathing that other xmen where he gets split to bits.
>>
>>80457997
you're not going to get answers to the question "WHY was it written this way?" here so what's the point in asking
>>
>>80457997
>Old man with dementia dies in his bed

A tale as old as time.
>>
I wrote a proper ending for him and posted it on /tv/ but everyone accused it of being chris stuckman level trash. my ending would have given him the proper send off though.
>>
>>80458266
was he shot out of a canon?
>>
It would be too cliché to have him use his powers and die.

The fact that you WEREN'T expecting Logan to kill Xavier was really fucking nice.
When I first watched it I was "WOW, WHAT?!" which is what most audiences felt when they saw the scene, because it was unexpected and nice.

Which is why Logan is actually kino instead of being capeshit, because it doesn't have "le epic moments".
>>
>>80458266
Give me the basic gestalt anon. Did he go down in a blaze of glory
>>
Im sure Logan will be retconned at some point by the Mcavoy/Fassbender X-Men movies. They'll probably make a movie where X-23 travels to the past or something along those lines.
>>
>>80458488

Logan can easily just be seen as a What If spinoff story, FOX plays very fast and loose with the series honestly and aren't worried about continuity, look at the Stryker ending in DOFP it shows that Mystique was posing as him then in Apocalypse she's freeing mutants from captivity but somehow Wolverine is still in the clutches of Weapon X program with no explanation other than 'deal with it'?
>>
>>80457997
>anti climactic
did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>80458691
There wasn't a fuck ton of CGI light around him, so kids think it's 'anti-climatic'
>>
>>80458321
I wish

instead, it was moment the whole movie went down a notch
>>
WHY DIDN'T HE JUST MOVE HIS MIND TO A COMATOSE BODY AGAIN?
>>
I honestly couldn't stand how detached everything felt. Like as a stand alone story it was great, but having this depressing as fuck ending after DoFP makes that movie seem pointless.
>>
>>80458036
It is..trust me..
>>
>>80458932
DoFP was a pointless shitty movie anyway so who gives a shit
>>
>>80458866
I mean what's ur alternate death scene. Hit me with the big enchalada
>>
>he didn't die flying the villain into the sun so he could be reborn next movie like jesus, this sucks!
>>
>>80458759
The little gay babies want quippy deaths and some long-winded speech to accompany it
>>
>>80457997

because that's what the whole movie is meant to convey.
everyone expects heroic deeds of these guys but they're old and tired.
charles has a good night of sleep for once and opens up to who he thinks is logan. getting killed by logans clone is weird true but it fits the tone.
>>
>>80458135
So did Hitler.
>>
>>80458266
I remember. You are proper git. One of the worst ideas ever posted on this site.
>>
the whole movie was anti-climatic

not as dramatic and not well executed as I expected it would be

6/10
>>
>>80460393
W-w-what was it?
>>
>Wah why didn't he die doing a totally badass pose and shooting fire from his mind
>>
I hate capeshit and only watch maybe one or two a year (the last one being deadpool and i fucking hated it) but this was pretty good. even without the capeshit it'd stand on its own as a decent film. i cried like 5 times, granted i've noticed ive gotten more emotional over the last couple of years as i'm hitting old age.
>>
>>80460507
It was basically the ending of Titanic, except instead of Kate Winslet it's young Xavier, instead of Leo it's young Magneto and instead of the passengers applauding it's all the dead mutants
>>
It wasn't, it was unceremonious and it was great.
>>
>>80460355
At least they warmed him up with some fire shortly afterwards.
>>
Too bleak for ya /tv/ ?
>>
>>80459811
go back to your grave then
>>
Kind of makes all the X-Men films feel pointless if the mutants all get wiped out by humans in the near future.
>>
>>80462164
Have you literally missed the point of the entire franchise?
>>
>>80457997
Logan isn't just your ordinary superhero movie OP. It's an R rated superhero movie. During plenty of the epic scenes and especially this one I yelled out "holy fucking shit" and quickly covered my mouth. You see most superhero movies are rated pg-13 so you have to kind of watch your mouth in case children are present. Logan on the other hand is r rated so it was silly of me to self censor. Anyway my main point is that this is an r rated movie for mature adults, and most adults know that in life death can be abrupt.
>>
>>80457997
What the fuck are you talking about. It was a totally fine death. I'm not a fan of the Wolverine clone plotline but it was fine overall.
>>
>>80457997
I liked it.
How you have this great man who's done so much, and he death is so empty. No blazing guns or surrounding by family. Just scared and alone.

It felt fitting to the feel of the film.
>>
>>80457997
>it wasn't me, it wasn't me
>>
>>80457997
Picard died?
>>
>>80463801

yeah, in his brother's vineyard
>>
>>80457997
I know right?? I wanted le epic death scene where he goes out in a bang using his powers against bad guys!
>>
itt: apologist shills defending "muh mature capeshit"
>>
File: mantears.png (95KB, 386x443px) Image search: [Google]
mantears.png
95KB, 386x443px
>>80463600
Stop it now
>>
I was fine with his death, he was an old man who had lived his life and found some happiness before the end. Logan's death on the other hand, as it was happening in the cinema I thought "Wait, that's it?". It felt like he died for no purpose, no meaning other than to remove him from the X-Men story. A death doesn't have to be guns blazing and epic to have significance, but the death we got was basically the movie saying "And then he died, the end."
>>
>>80457997
It was brutal and therefore perfect
the whole house murdering scene was perfect
>>
>>80458036
People who really like capeshit, or are contrarian about capeshit, like deaths with huge lead ins that are overly dramatic, meaningful, cathartic deaths, which help get them over characters dying. They really want some silver lining to the deaths, some grand sacrifice for some reasons or another.

Logan pulled the rug out on this bullshit conditioning people have, and showed how death is pretty abrupt and shitty. There often is no riding out in the sunset, and you have only a short time to get anything meaningful out of it, if you even get anything out of it at all.
>>
>>80460608
>while quipping one final quip
>>
because it was true kino
>>
>>80465115
Fuck it, I'll bite. The meaning is a bit larger than this movie I feel.

>Logan is born a mutant that is turned into a terrifying killing machine
>Whole life spent watching the people he loves kill and be killed
>Kills own father, and in deep shit with his brother
>Friends have difficulty seeing him as anything other than Wolverine/asshole
>Guy has no family, over time psychologically represses feelings of love that come from family
>Meets Professor X, and finds a family through X-men
>Goes on many adventures, etc. etc.
>Westchester happens, and yet again he loses his family, killed by "father"
>Logan's outlook on world goes to shit wanting nothing more than to die
>Begins drinking self to death, likely abusing drugs, etc. while Xavier deteriorates
> Laura enters Logan's life, and forces Logan to face himself, quite literally/figuratively
>Over course of movie Logan stops drinking
>Watches Xavier, basically second dad die
>Daughter he rejects for most of movie, he comes back for, after ditching her to find Xavier's body
>Logan faced with his repressed feelings of love, security, and home that comes from family via Laura
>Laura claims Logan doesn't care about her
>Logan refuses to take money meant to pay for getting Laura to safety (he did it for her, but won't say it)
>Laura in danger with rest of kids, and Logan steps in sacrificing himself to save her
>Logan broke cycle where the father destroys his family
>Logan finally defeated his inner demons, and found a purpose to live, even if it was for a fleeting moment
>Tells his daughter the one thing he was never capable of telling himself, "Don't be what they made you." Calls out her name while dying.
>Daughter calls him Daddy, first time someone over the course of his entire life has basically acknowledged him as anything other than Wolverine/Logan/Weapon X
>First person that unconditionally loved him, looked up to, and idolized him as a hero
>Dies

TL;DR: Logan finds redemption through his daughter
>>
File: 1489527326073.jpg (85KB, 1912x797px) Image search: [Google]
1489527326073.jpg
85KB, 1912x797px
How the fuck did Pierce find the kids when Caliban had killed himself? Rice makes a comment about wanting to keep Caliban's DNA for his tracking abilities but they never go in depth with what did they do with it
>>
>>80466114
From personal experience, I've seen this shit happen quite often in real life, where some guy I know who's either a druggie/alcoholic/asshole knocks a girl up, and instead of bailing decides to be the person he wanted to be, but lost the will to be. Ends up straightening shit out, becoming a better person, quitting the drugs/shit, and finds the shit they were missing by having a family. Quite like Logan they try finding their own redemption.
>>
>>80466240
Segway into next movie. Laura still being hunted, and able to be located due to Caliban mutant progeny.
>>
>>80466240
he finds a photo of the kids from the hospital (that x.23 drops at the farmhouse) and on the back it has the coordinates to eden. it was a 2 second scene.
>>
>>80466240
they had the comic and sent a drone to investigate the co-ordinates
pay attention
>>
>>80466114
I was surprised how well the movies was written considering the mediocre track record of the writers
>>
>>80457997
>ywn experience charles at his full unleashed power against the big baddie killing thousands of civilians and mutants in the process
>>
One thing that annoyed me: how did Laura and clone Wolverine have adamantium skeletons? I thought it was a really rare metal?

Also, if Laura has an adamantium skeleton wouldn't that stunt her growth? She'll be like that girl in Orphan surely?
>>
>>80466621
>Also, if Laura has an adamantium skeleton wouldn't that stunt her growth? She'll be like that girl in Orphan surely?

I strongly advice you not to think about Logan very much or you might find out its not that great of a movie
>>
>>80466621
I believe Laura only had adamantium on her claws and nowhere else
>>
>>80466621
>how did Laura and clone Wolverine have adamantium skeletons
They didn't
>>
>>80466621
its just on her claws and yes its rare hence why they used everything they had on x24
pay attention
>>
>>80466621
only her claws were laced. I know it was a really difficult movie to follow. You should have an IQ slightly higher than a nigger to watch it
>>
>>80457997
>Capeshit movie finally doesn't spoonfeed you everythin
>No one gets it
pottery
>>
>>80466718

X-24 did actually, you can see his skull after it got shotgunned and it's metallic.

>>80466621

Every fucking thread with this, you stupid fucking niggerfaggot.
>>
>>80466423
Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks, Anon
>>
>>80466700
>>80466702
>>80466718
>>80466734

Thanks bros.

>>80466777
When do they mention that? I went for a piss at one point.
>>
>>80466621
If Logan has an adamantiun skeleton how did a fucking tree manage to pierce his chest?
>>
>>80466848

Ok calm down tough guy.
>>
>>80466930
Adamantiun tree
>>
>>80466930

Through his rib cage I guess?
>>
>>80466621
Laura only has adamantium claws while X - 24 was stated to have a "weaker metal" as his skeleton.
>>
File: human-skeleton-for-labeling.png (331KB, 699x904px) Image search: [Google]
human-skeleton-for-labeling.png
331KB, 699x904px
>>80466930
He got punctured in his abdomen not his chest
>>
>>80460692
11 out of 10.
>>
>>80466930
Went thru his stomach, dumb dumn
>>
>>80463600
Delet this...
>>
>>80457997
Because a grounded bluntness is pretty much the entire tone they were going for, at least for most of the film.
>>
>>80466114
Most people won't get to understand none of that when seeing the movie and especially if they only seen Logan.
>>
Magneto was right all along.
He should have succeeded at the statue of liberty.
>>
>>80467299
tell me about bitch! why does she send the snap?
>>
>>80467299
Nice blog post, faggot.
>>
>>80466869

During the found footage montage.
>>
>>80467318
>He should have succeeded at the statue of liberty.

You realize that his plan was a fuckup right? it would not turn humans into mutants, it'd make them genetically unstable like it did to President Kelly who practically turned to goo.
>>
>>80467318
>Magneto was right all along.
No he fucking wasn't, mutie scum. Every fucking time mutants did anything in the x-men universe it nearly resulted in a genocide of all humanity.
Remember in the 80's when that blue nigger wiped out like every major city on the planet and built a fuckhuge pyramid? Or a few years before when Magnetfag nearly killed the president? Or a few years before then when they started the cuban missile crisis?
Mutants are fucking trouble, and if they can solve the problem with gene therapy then bully for them.
>>
>>80467502
>who practically turned to goo.
Bruh, he LITERALLY turned to goo.
>>
>>80457997
because that's the fucking point of the movie

>>80458036
his death was obviously a deliberate and conscious choice, and not the result of a rushed script. if you think the decision was bad, that's fine

it fits the tone of the movie fully
>>
>>80467344
she's got this great fucking waist and a big ass. she's short too
>>
File: b55.jpg (266KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
b55.jpg
266KB, 1024x768px
>>80459811
>>
>>80467502
I know. He still should have succeeded. It would have been like the opening and ending of Wishmaster on a global scale.
>>
Why are people saying this movie is completely hopeless/pointless?

They literally save a whole generation of new mutants.
>>
>>80458874

HE RAN OUT OF TWINS
>>
>>80457997
That's why it's so tragic.
>>
I thought the same thing when Scarlet Witch felt Quicksilver's death in Ultron.

I expected a 'bwamp' Inception-noise slow-motion blue psychic wave pulse thing when he died which would destroy the house and show us what the Xavier Institute was like.
>>
>>80458224
>old man with dementia is stabbed by his best friend's evil twin
yes, the classic story
>>
>>80466114
It's made even better by his daughter killing the embodiment of Logan's issues with his suicide bullet.
>>
>>80458291
It was clearly not Logan in that scene, what with the lightning obscuring his face and all that. Only a pleb or a very stupid pleb kid would have mistaking him there.
>>
>>80468484

evil logan also had a black wifebeater
>>
>>80468521
> Good Wolverine had a white wifebeater
> Evil Wolverine had a black wifebeater

B R A V O M A N G O L D
R
A
V
O

M
A
N
G
O
L
D
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.