[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched Logan, pretty good but I'm missing out on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: thumbnail_25047.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_25047.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
I just watched Logan, pretty good but I'm missing out on a lot of context because I only vaguely know about X-Men and haven't seen any of the other movies. I want to see all the movies with events that lead up to Logan. I assume I can skip First Class but should I watch the rest?

>X-Men
>X2
>Last Stand
>Origins: Wolverine
>The Wolverine
>Days of Future Past
>>
Yes to all but only watch the opening montage of Origins if you must
>>
If you're watching Days of Future Past you might as well watch First Class before that.
It's as much, if not more, a First Class sequel than it is a continuation of the original films.
There's only a brief Logan cameo in it, but after Last Stand and Origins: Wolverine you might want to watch a good film anyway.
>>
Just watch all of them you fuck. Don't pretend you have anything better to do.
>>
None of them have anything to do with Logan's story, it's stand-alone. You'll probably just wind up more confused after watching them because of all the plotholes in the timeline.
>>
>>80453672
Hey now, 4chan isn't going to refresh itself for five hours straight.
>>
>>80453390
its an alternative time line, you dont need to watch the other movies to understand this one men.
>>
>>80453390
Mandatory for Logan:

>X1
>X2

The other movies have Wolverine in them, but the continuity is so snarled the film only really directly references the first two films, as all the others are either retconned by Days of Future Past, or they're part of the new semi-rebooted timeline.

The series is a muddled mess at this point, it's best just to view them as what they are: continuity errors

Anyway just to rate the films:

>Logan
>X2
>X1
>First Class
>The Wolverine
>DOFP
>Apocalypse
>X-men Origins: Wolverine
>X3

I don't count Deadpool as an X-film as it doesn't really interact with the universe in any real way and kind of stands alone.
>>
>>80453740
I'm just interested in how they ended up there at the start. I want to see where Logan and Xavier have fallen from, how they got there, who the albino character is, what happened to the mutants that they're alluding to in the film, etc. Certain events in the film would be a lot more meaningful if I knew the full story.
>>
>>80453893
If that's the case you really only need to watch the original 2

All of them except X3, Apocalypse and Origins(just look for the opening scene on YouTube) are really good
>>
>>80453893
You won't get any answer about Caliban. Another albino called Caliban with the same power appears in Apocalypse but is very different from Merchant's portrayal, apparently the teams behind Apocalypse and Logan didn't realise the character was being used in both.
>>
>>80454236
I like to think 80's caliban was a major poser/scene fag and he dropped the act sometime in the 90's
>>
>>80453893
They ended up there because Charles seized up and fucked up all the mutants and now they're in hiding. It's explained pretty well in the movie.
>>
>>80453390
Watch them in this order

Group 1: Wolverine Origins(Optional) - X1 - X2 - X3(Optional) - The Wolverine

Group 2: First Class (If you don't watch it you are losing the best X-Men movie) - DoFP - Apocalypse.
>>
>>80453390
All the ones he had a major role in are relevant because he's the only character that has experienced both timelines. He's watched all his friends die multiple times.
>>
>>80454312
I love this idea and it is now my head canon
>>
>>80453390

just watch the series in chronological order

>post-credits scene of DofP
>opening scene of Apocalypse
>opening scene, civil war and WW1 sections of Origins opening montage
>opening scene of X1
>first two scenes of First Class
>D-Day section of Origins opening montage
>opening scene of The Wolverine
>all other flashbacks in The Wolverine
>the rest of First Class
>rest of Origins
>first two scenes of Last Stand
>rest of X1
>Kate & Leopold
>X2
>rest of X3
>rest of The Wolverine
>all future scenes of Days of Future Past
>all past scenes of Days of Future Past
>rest of Apocalypse
>all flashback scenes in Legion
>all flashback scenes in Deadpool
>taxi ride and car chase up until crash sequence of Deadpool
>opening credits of Deadpool
>rest of Deadpool
>all present day scenes in Legion
>Logan
>>
File: Definitive X-Men Fixed.jpg (748KB, 2993x1491px) Image search: [Google]
Definitive X-Men Fixed.jpg
748KB, 2993x1491px
>>80453390
only watch these
>>
>>80454676
nigga what the hell
>>
>>80453390
>skip First Class

It's literally the best X-men movie. Don't skip it.
>>
X Men -> X2 -> Last Stand (brace yourself) -> First Class -> The Wolverine -> DoFP - > Apocalypse (Only if you REALLY like the characters) -> Logan

It's quite simple lads. I might do this marathon when Logan comes out on DVD.
>>
>>80454877
I think it captures the spirit of X-Men best but it definitely isn't the best movie.
>>
>dat nigger family with the horses
Broke my immersion desu.
>>
>>80454943
>>80454877

I think you have to watch the prequel trilogy to really understand the tragedy of the characters in Logan. Even before Logan came out the saga would be severely lacking without them.

Plus, they're pretty entertaining.
>>
Skip all of them including Logan because fox, Sony and wb have no idea how to make capeshit and can't even keep their continuity straight.
>>
>>80454676
>Kate & Leopold

top kek
>>
>>80453390
>X-Men
>X2
>First Class
>Days of Future Past

Those are the ones that I'd recommend watching. The Last Stand is pretty awful, Origins: Wolverine is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, The Wolverine is just dull and Apocalypse is a bloated disaster.
>>
>>80455246
Continuity doesn't matter. Logan, X1, X2, DOFP are all better movies than any MCU movie because they more or less had real directors and not yes men that are hired solely because they have no style and are malleable enough to fit into the MCU's single style. Why do you think Edgar Wright told them to fuck off?
>>
>>80455357
>The Wolverine is just dull

No where near as engaging as Logan I'll give you that, but it's important.

It's testing the waters for the /DepressionCore/ that is Wolverine's story and gives a lot weight to his attitude in the other movies.
>>
>>80455357
DOFP almost makes more sense without X3 because Jean remains dead either way and you can just assume that Cyclops and Nightcrawler died sometime between movies. Also doesn't have to explain Charles having a comatose twin brother nobody mentioned that he's possessing.
>>
>>80455416
Having "real directors" doesn't mean shit

Only a Reddit fag is dumb enough to look at who's behind a movie and then already having a biased opinion before even watching the movie

I judge movies for what they are now how they are made
>>
Now that I think about it X1-X2 and then Logan form a totally workable capekino trilogy. Everything in between can be skipped easily, and probably should be anyway.
>>
>>80454774

This + a wiki summary for the rest. And the first two only if you like cape shit.
>>
>>80455416
You're such a fucking shill. Honestly.
>>
>>80455677

You're still overthinking it. X1 is redundant. Logan right after X2 would be a great 1-2. I didn't even care for any cape flicks aside from this most recent one, but the tonal shift alone would be neat.
>>
What's the most logical way to watcht the x-men franchise? Its fucking confusing
>>
>>80456456
This one
>>80454478

You can throw Deadpool before or after The Wolverine too.
>>
>>80456561
where does logan fit in?
>>
>>80456456
> how do I watch movies guys, tell me what to like 4chan
>>
>>80456702
>this edgelord

the timeline in the x-men franchise is all over the place I'm just trying to find out what the most logical order to watch them is
>>
>>80455047
Professor X is red-pilled AF, knows his days are numbered and decides that at least he's going to take a black family out with him.
>>
File: Best Pepe.png (42KB, 318x300px) Image search: [Google]
Best Pepe.png
42KB, 318x300px
>>80456796
>>
>>80456796

I really wish red-pilled didn't mean racist nazi KKK member now.
>>
>>80456762
how about the order they were made in faglord
also don't expect anything as good as logan
>>
>>80456796

I like when he sent all their horses into traffic.
>>
>>80456605
At the very end of any trilogy, at the end of the first one it makes it more emotional, but at the end of the second trilogy makes more sense because DoFP corrected timeline and Apocalypse end credits scene.
>>
>>80453893
They never show how they got there, they just are at the begining of the movie. What happened to the mutants is all explained in the movie and Caliban is just some dude they introduced here. Watching other movies won't explain anything more about the story but you'll get to see Wolverine and Charles' history.
>>
>>80454774
> Not watching First Class

Not only is better than X2, it's almost mandatory to watch Days of Future Past as it is its direct sequel. It's more related to First Class than the Original trilogy
>>
>>80453390
Watch every movie you listed except last stand OP

logan references all those movies except last stand which directly conflicts with it
>>
>>80456383
Nah, watching X-Men before Logan (even though it aged like shit) shows you how Wolverine and Professor X met and gives more context for how their relationship works. They even reference the events of that movie in Logan
>>
So how is the new timeline now?
X1 and X2 happened
Days of Future Pants erased X3 and Origins(?)
The Wolverine still happened since the katana is in Logan
Then Deadpool
and Logan right at the end of the timeline?
>>
The timeline isn't that hard

First Class>X1>X2>X3>Wolverine>DOFP>(New timeline where the Mutant Brotherhood probably didn't happen & Mutants were more accepted & celebrated, hence the comics)>Logan

However, the Wolverine easter egg messes things up a bit, since that wouldn't have happened in this timeline & the Wolverine is essential to fit it all together since it confirms Charles transferred his mind over to his twin's comatose body
>>
>>80458446

>Nah, watching X-Men before Logan (even though it aged like shit) shows you how Wolverine and Professor X met and gives more context for how their relationship works.

Honestly they have little to nothing in the way of a proper relationship, logan treats the Mansion as a flophouse to come and goes as he pleases and his dialogue with Charles amounts to 'wheels' and 'muh jean'. This idea that they were some kind of bosom buddies is pretty hilarious.
>>
After watching Logan I seriously just want an xmen movie where Logan and Xavier fall in love after Xavier realizes him and magento just aren't meant to be.
>>
>>80458723
I think so but I think origins is also canon because they mention the adamantium bullet and are familiar with its effects
>>
>>80453390
Only Logan, First Class, and X2 or any good.
>>
>>80458364

First Class is not better than X2. I will fight you.
>>
>>80458847
Or any good what?
>>
>>80458868
Xmen three is better than x2, what chance does it have over future past?
>>
>>80458816
Their dialogue in X3 is pretty good
One good thing about that movie is it showed Logan matured a lot more (hence Jean getting triggered & saying Charles tamed him) in the newer movies, they kind of regress this aspect & he goes back to being an angry drunk shithead
>>
>>80453813

DOFP that low..........wut r u doing mate???
>>
>>80453390
Should I watch Logan tonight, or wait to friday?
>>
>>80454676

This is incredibly autistic
>>
>>80454774

I still don't understand why they cut rouge from the original. It was pure kino
>>
>>80458950
Ok and what are u basing that on buddy?

Wolverines journey and having to deal with his past where stronger in X2 than any other arc a character goes tgrough in the series. Not to mention X2 has a lot of brilliant cinematoc mements like

White house attack
Assaukt on the school
Magneetos escape
Magneeto fraging the swat team
>>
>>80459034
>should I watch kino tonight, or wait to friday?
>>
>>80459034
Watch tonight if not spoilered

If u been spoiled just wait til fri
>>
>>80458970
>Their dialogue in X3 is pretty good

I wouldn't call it warm or an indication of a longstanding friendship, he pretty much lights into Xavier for putting mental blocks in Jean and Xavier spits back at him that he's not exactly perfect either.
>>
>>80459169
>>80459179
aight. I'm going to go by myself and relax. Spring break has basically started for me in a sense.
>>
>>80459138
I'm not that guy. Don't listen to him he is clearly trolling. I may prefer First Class over X2 but I would never say it's worse than The Last Stand
>>
>>80453390
Just watch Shane and you're good to go
>>
Damn, I literally teared up a little in this movie.
>>
Reminder that first class is an awful movie with terrible writing, awful dialogue, and terrible supporting actors/actresses
>>
File: warpath.jpg (127KB, 655x901px) Image search: [Google]
warpath.jpg
127KB, 655x901px
Can we all talk about the fact that they are making a TV show about Mutants called Gifted and it has the most alpha characters older brother in Thunderbird which means Warpath is also in it hMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm?
>>
>>80455552
Yeah and what are is bland and mediocre because their directors competent at best
>>
>>80460578

>called Thunderbird
>dies falling out of a plane

lol
>>
>>80460308
(You)
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.