[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /tv/'s opinion on Sam Raimi? I was rewatching his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: raimi.jpg (16KB, 220x307px) Image search: [Google]
raimi.jpg
16KB, 220x307px
What is /tv/'s opinion on Sam Raimi?

I was rewatching his Spiderman trilogy the other day and boy did he love placing the Stars and Stripes whenever Spiderman makes a dramatic entrance or exit, accompanied by Elfman's sweet score.
>>
>>80437123
I liked in his spider-man movies how he could make them very campy but also blend a lot of realism, comic book stuff, and horror into it. I still think a lot about the hospital scene with doc ock and how horrifying it was to see that as a kid, but in the same movie there were also really memorable and funny background characters that added a lot and felt genuine.
>>
>>80437123
Drag Me to Hell is underrated. He's actually super based as a director

>inb4 memes
>>
>>80437216
For me one of the scary scenes was Spidey going into that burning building and sees a wailing, scared figure wrapped in a shawl and he goes to help it then it throws off the shawl and screams and it's the Green Goblin.
Like GG wasn't particularly scary looking but that jump scare was effective for a preteen
>>
Evil Dead II is kino.
>>
>>80437123
>stars and stripes everywhere
well the movie came out right after 911
also see: the people throwing garbage and rocks at goblin and yelling, "AYY HE'S A NEW YAWKAAA!!"
>>
I wish he would go back to horror. Or make a movie at all. Did he just give up after Oz?
>>
>that shot of Spidey flying over a confederate flag in the director's cut
>>
>>80438770
He directed the Ash Vs Evil Dead pilot
>>
>>80438835
That last little fight sequence in episode 1 in Ash's mobile home was so fucking incredible. Basically anything an Evil Dead fan could hope for. And that perfectly timed "Groovy". Brought a tear to my eye.
>>
>>80438770
you might as well ask peter jackson to go back to horror
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.