[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me what the fuck this bloody park actually is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: westworld-overlay-a.jpg (174KB, 2000x1032px) Image search: [Google]
westworld-overlay-a.jpg
174KB, 2000x1032px
Can someone tell me what the fuck this bloody park actually is? Is it like the Matrix or an actual secluded area in the Midwest? Everytime they cut between the scenes in the lab and the park it looks like they are just waking up. So does that mean when you jump from a cliff in there as a guest you die for real? I'm only into a couple of episodes tho.
>>
why are there threads

is it the new season already?
>>
>>80419471
I haven't seen any in the cataloge
>>
>>80419433
The park is an actual, physical place. If you fall down a cliff you'll get hurt or die.
>>
>>80419567
Then how the fuck do they make sure none of the guests die? Considering they ride horses and all of them are some rich kids without survival skills
>>
>>80419433
nigger how fucking stupid are you? it's a real place with robot hosts. if you jump off a cliff you'll die, but why would you pay money to jump off a cliff

>>80419609
the horses are robots. the guests also sign off on being responsible for any injuries
>>
It would be pretty easy to die of natural causes there, especially since everyone drinks heavily. It's just one of those things that you just don't think about because it messes with the plot. Wouldn't be a very interesting show if all the people fell of a horse drunk and snapped their neck.
>>
It's a real park, but it's actually only a few meters in size. They shrink all of the guests down with a shrinkray and transport them there. In the observation room they have a team of people watching over everyone so if they're harmed or in any real danger they can shrink some workers and place them nearby to help them.
>>
>>80419433
just watch the goddamn show, at the end everything is wrapped up nice and pretty.
>>
>>80420267
Also, the actual humans are robots, and the ones looking are all gods, this is why there is so few guests.
>>
>>80419609
The hosts are programmed not only to not hurt the guests, but to save them in the event of an emergency. The horses aren't real, nor are snakes or any other animals. It's a real place, but it's artificially constructed.

As for getting drunk and/or falling off a cliff, guests probably have to sign a waiver like any other high risk tourist activity.
>>
>>80419433
Many question on these technical aspects of the park are just a result of the size the park has in the show. As much as I loved it the scale of it all just makes no goddamn sense.
In the original movie the Westworld area was only a small town. But there were also cool Rome and medival times themed parks.
>>
>good weather all the time
>no visual boundaries
>guests arrive and leave at a huge sublevel train station
>large tunnel system to travel quickly for staff
>huge wet storage level below surface
>partly build on top of an (abandoned) shopping mall
>all animals except flies are robots
>the park is so large that you can easily start major construction unnoticed and keep secret facilities

its either on a different planet or some major happening wasted large party of earth
>>
>>80419433
I cant see any way they would have gotten away with making child robots you can kill and presumably abuse, its never discussed in show, you cant even kill children in video games without mods.
>>
>>80421083
Why not? The park is exclusively for wealthy clients, there's no ratings system they have to abide by.

Video games have to tie a certain moral line because of public visibility, but in West World whatever depravity you engage in is kept confidential. They keep the center of the park family friendly for that reason.
>>
>>80421083
I guess it's like some sort of anarcho-capitalist society. I think considering all the huge potholes, this is the last thing that would bother me.
>>
>>80421324
There would be a huge potential for leaks though, I doubt they would even take the risk of making child hosts, one bit of fucked up footage and the park would be shut down.
>>
>>80420604
It just looks like Utah to me
>>
>>80420604
see >>80420523
>>
>humanity has reached a level of technological development in which they basically surpassed god by having fully automated production of conscious, emotional androids indistinguishable from humans
>it's still fucking CAPITALISM
>technology is used for a fucking THEME PARK

Am I supposed to buy this?
>>
Now that the dust has settled; who is best girl?
>>
>>80419433
It's on island
>>
File: 1485761004031.jpg (22KB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
1485761004031.jpg
22KB, 320x283px
>>80421625
I bet Ford had a dungeon of robot lolis and he just had Bernard kill everyone who ever found it
>>
>>80419433
It's just an old Wild West model toy set.

The people who visit the park actually interview shrinking machine the shrinks their body down to the size of ants and when they get on the train it really large is them to normal human size.

At a couple points during the show you can see the park employees wandering around the set of the park and you can tell by the way it looks that the park employees are much larger than the actual old west buildings and city of Sweetwater etcetera
>>
>>80421969
That's a big island.
>>
>>80421917

The real humdinger is if we can make perfectly realistic AI androids, why don't people just make perfect VR? Or why don't we just link VR directly to our brains?
>>
>>80422031
It would be too expensive to build life-size robots so they have to use the shrink ray
>>
>>80421917
Pay attention. The show explains why this particular tech only exists inside the park and cannot be taken out.

We don't actually know if robots exist outside of the park either. But you can assume they do.

The tech for building the early mechanical versions obviously existed before the park.
And the later tech for the current fleshy versions wasn't invented in the park either.

The reason why WW bots are so special is the code. And that is still proprietary.
>>
>>80421917
Sorry it doesn't fit into your liberal fantasies.
>>
>>80422032
for you
>>
>>80422049
Because VR is stupid and it always fails because nobody likes the idea except for you.

Oculus Rift, HTC and even Google Cardboard CEOs are on suicide watch because their ideas are a failure and were never embraced by the public.
>>
>>80421917
That black boss chick said that Westworld was just a nice way of getting a few shekels and testing them out but that they ultimately are intended for something different.
I assume military or espionage or some shady shit.
>>
>>80421930

Dolores
>>
>>80422087
Thats dumb.

So they build miniature sized bots in realistic detail?
How is that cheaper than normal bots?
>>
>>80421917
Yeah, it's hard to believe no one has taken over the world with an army of androids in this scenario.
>>
>>80422129
You don't really know what liberalism means do you? It's just fucking unrealistic that humanity would still be in the capitalist mode of production when they reached this sort of technological automation yet. Think about it.

>>80422127
I'll keep watching it.
>>
>>80421930
Snek bandit
>>
>>80421863
Utah state has over 84,000 square miles.

Disney World is about 40 square miles. Which is bigger than some towns.

If somebody had enough money it wouldn't be too hard for them to buy enough private property to link three tiny faux town together by a old timey theme train in some part of the Badlands that nobody cares about
>>
>>80422269
Smaller parts = less cost for repairs
>>
>>80422129
Your fedora is showing browncoat
>>
>>80422301
No cuz she's a meanie.
>>
With Samuraiworld confirmed, what other worlds would you like to see?
Sci-fi or vikings could be fun.
>>
>>80422424
Wrong. Smaller parts require higher precision equipment to both assemble and manufacture, especially because of the smooth movement needed.

Tiny bots would be infinitely more expensive to repair and produce.
>>
>>80422546
>tfw no meanie snek gf
>>
>>80422555
why didn't they just call it eastworld

what the FUCK
>>
>>80422555
unless the PC shit is dead by late 2018,
the MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION will be crazy with this
>>
>>80419433
Is this any good? I need a new show to watch.
>>
>>80422555
Parks set in a time period where 99% of weapons were edged are difficult
>>
>>80423297
starts off ok and gets retarded near the end
>>
>>80423323
Damn.

Thanks.
>>
>>80420604
You've obviously never been to Nevada. Tens of thousands of square miles of nothing but sand, rock, and canyon.
>>
>>80422155

Well done, lad.
>>
>>80423317
True. I'd like to see them work around that.
Did the show give any clues about "how much" the hosts can try to kill the visitors? Obviously the guns can't hurt them but can they use knives? The man in black almost got hanged so apparently they really can try.
>>
Isnt this the most cucked show on tv?
>>
>>80419433
>midwest
yeah i remember all the scenes in the park had zero topography and nothing but fucking corn fields for miles
>>
>>80425584
Explain
>>
The GPS Coordinates have been spotted in the ARG or the show at some point.

Its an island somewhere in the pacific or indian ocean. Fictional, of course
>>
>>80421083
But you can pay that kind of money now to rape and kill real live kids
>>
>>80422181

why are you so mad?
>>
>>80421083
why anyone actually would still makes no sense, since you're basically creating evidence for delos to blackmail you with if they need to
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.