[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie universes. What do you think about them? Are they the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Movie universes.

What do you think about them? Are they the next it thing for Hollywood? Will we see more of them in the future?

Universal Monsters (2017–present)
>The Mummy
>Invisible Man
>Van Helsing
>Bride of Frankenstein

MonsterVerse (2014–present)
>Godzilla
>Kong: Skull Island[
>Godzilla: King of the Monsters
>Godzilla vs. Kong

Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008–present)
>Iron Man
>Thor
>CA
>Avangers

DC Extended Universe (2013–present)
>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Flash
>>
>>80416806
Garbage.
>>
>>80416806
Mcu obviisoly has success

I predict as long as they remain favorable at least semi the monsterverse will and should continue

Dceu is pretty much riding on money at this point, that's all WB And ratpac care about regardless of quality

Universal horror probably has the highest probability of not continueing
>>
File: flash.jpg (27KB, 644x430px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
27KB, 644x430px
damn Cuck Gustin looks like THAT?
>>
I don't like the concept but I've enjoyed the majority of movies I've seen that fall within them

What I dislike is that it removed the need for a definite end or development of closure in a series and instead keeps the window open for endless milking
>>
>>80416806
>Universal Monsters (2017–present)
You are missing Dr. Jekyll, he even appears in The Mummy
>>
>>80416806
Disney also turned Star Wars into a Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>80417070
Also we have a Shymaladindong Universe, which looks pretty kino to me.

>Unbreakable
>Split
>>
>>80416806
>Will we see more of them in the future?

Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe
Hasbro Cinematic Universe
Transformers Cinematic Universe
>>
File: TF_RiD48.jpg (913KB, 1060x1544px) Image search: [Google]
TF_RiD48.jpg
913KB, 1060x1544px
>>80417207
>Transformers Cinematic Universe
You mean IDW/Darkhorse Cinematic Universe?
>>
>>80416806
You're also forgetting: Lego & the up-coming Hanna Barbera.
>>
>>80417207
meh tier
>>
I think that the MCU is the only one that will really have any long-term success, but that's because there's literally one guy (Feige) calling the shots and they'll have to continue to mitigate risk and make movies that are consistently "OK" quality.

DCEU is going to continue to be a cluster fuck because the wrong people are in charge. They'll make money, but they'll always be second fiddle to Marvel without that clear creative direction.

The rest of them will probably manage a few movies each before losing momentum. Quality will vary widely.
>>
Only the MCU's working nicely, DCEU needs to calm the fuck down, iirc they announced cyborg and GL, Flash and like two already got cancelled or postponed. Kaiju universe had a good start with Kong. Mummy looks like shit. The bad side is that for shared universes they spam hints for upcoming events and more ore less follow the same tone. There's not much room for more personal stories. X men timeline is so fucked up they can release something like Logan or first class once in a while. But shit prints money so yeah.
>>
Barring Kieslowki's Three Colours, Cinematic universes are pretty inconsistent.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.