[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American anons, what is the appeal of pic related? I never understood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: shit.jpg (102KB, 1264x449px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
102KB, 1264x449px
American anons, what is the appeal of pic related? I never understood why Americans find these Night Shows appealing.
>>
>>80411251
>what is the appeal of pic related?
>implying there even is an appeal to watching live tv in the year of our lord 2017
>>
>>80411251
variety shows used to be popular in the 60s, family programming.
>>
There isn't.

I don't know a single person who watches any of these shows. At least nobody ever mentions them when in person.
Half of their ratings are probably people leaving the TV on for background noise.

The last time I heard a friend/acquaintance talk about one of these shows was in 2011. Not even kidding.
It's filler.
>>
>>80411251
It's the high brow banter aimed a President Trump.
>>
The night shows are the Pinnacle of comedy, mixing outrageous satire and biting social commentary. They are hilarious and educational, exposing grave issues in our society, the staple of well informed citizens. Without late shows, fascism and idiocy would surely descend on the populace.
>>
>>80411251
so liberals can turn on their tv and see "HAHA DRUMPF LOL" and feel like their opinions are validated because of some shitty comedian who reads the president's twitter live on tv
>>
>>80411251
News in a Plebeian and easy to digest way so they can still feel smart and get le jokes and le memes.
>>
Watching them when they air? Old people. I'd be shocked if their 50% of their audience was under 50
Watching the clips on Hulu/YouTube/Buzzfeed? That's where younger people are watching it now, mainly the monologues about how scared rich people who live in LA are over the president and wacky interviews with celebrities
>>
These shows are comfy as fuck if you turn on a TV while in a hotel while on the road. They're also alright room-filler if you're staying up.

In other words, the shows are fluff. Filler. They're a noise you put on to make a room no feel empty, to make a room feel occupied, to feel not alone. The actual content of the show does not matter.
>>
>james corden is considered charismatic enough to be a talkshow host in fatland

what is this feeling? pity?
>>
>>80411661
British people are novelties here, like dancing bears. No one with a brain cares about what the weird man says, just that he says it in a funny accent
>>
>>80411763
KEK

will britanons ever recover from this?
>>
>>80411251

The only good one in the last decade was Craig Ferguson, and he wasnt even American.
>>
>>80411804
well he's not wrong
>>
>>80411251

>what is the appeal of pic related

All of the modern ones are literally just Liberal propaganda and have been for 3 to 4 years at this point.
If you're a liberal mouth-breather, the appeal is tuning-in and seeing some jackoff in a suit tell you you're right and everything you believe is right and that everybody else is stupid and the president is a dumb meanie-head for hurting your feelings.

If you're NOT a liberal mouth-breather, there is no appeal.

It's basically televangelism for atheist millennials.
It's the Two Minutes Hate, with Trump as the Emmanuel Goldstein.
>>
>>80411661
>>80411763

This. Even in the shit-heap that is "Late Night Comedy", Corden is fucking D-list.

He also looks like a big greasy pork-chop crammed into a suit & tie with a beard stapled to it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.