[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched watchmen, holy shit that was a deep movie. Thoughts,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
I just watched watchmen, holy shit that was a deep movie. Thoughts, also rorschach is the coolest character of any movie in my opinion.
>>
Seeing the opening in scene in theaters for the first time is something I won't forgot
>>
>>80402661
Eh it was a shit movie
>>
>>80402661
The movie didn't do justice to the graphic novel series. Understandably too, because the director was restricted to just 2 hours of filming, in comparison to 12 issues of rich and dense literary material.
>>
File: 1425459935166.jpg (205KB, 930x794px) Image search: [Google]
1425459935166.jpg
205KB, 930x794px
>>80402661
>>
>>80405167

I feel like anyone who read the comics first was never going to like the movie.

I had no idea they existed and I loved the movie, especially compared to other superhero movies.
>>
>>80402661
>hey look guys I'm 13
>>
>Replaced the alien subplot with "Dr. Manhattan is evil you guys"
I know you have to work with the medium but that was a pretty big fuckin disappointment.
>>
>>80405213

Was that really that bad though? Convincing the world he was a danger rather than a giant squid monster?
>>
>>80402661
Are you 15, OP?
>>
>>80405250
Because Doc is still considered American to the rest of the world and is considered unbeatable. Also the plan fails if Manhattan doesn't come back every few years to melt a few people, whereas the Squid lasted for hundreds of years due to the psychic scream
>>
>>80405250
It doesn't really have the same kind of weight.
The alien is a horrific abomination that causes horrible nightmares even if you never actually see it, and it leaves most of New York standing because outside of ground zero most of the population was killed because their brains broke.
Whereas Manhattan leaves a crater, basically. A few more craters than the alien, but still.
Not to mention just about everyone who worked on the alien died, you'd have a hard time proving anyone with the time, resources and smarts was capable of that, even Ozzy.
Harnessing Dr. Manhattan's energy would be much, much easier and provable by plenty of people other than Oz. Hell, that might just make the war that was delayed even worse because now there's observable proof that shit is effective, and can be weaponised.

Plus, the build up for the alien is great, but since it's so disconnected from the main story until the very end, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the first things they cut.
>>
>>80402661
read the books, his character is 10 times better there
>>
>>80402661
>>80405528
This. Movie was good but the comic has tons of stuff the movie never touched upon.
>>
>>80402661
>Rorschach
>cool
There's nothing cool about mental illness and lack of life control, you have to be over 18 to post here.
>>
>>80402661
Comic is better for everything but the ending
Movie just needs to be twice as long
>>
>>80405290
why didnt gay superman just use psychic powers to stop nixon
>>
haven't seen the movie, but i kind of want to read the comics. how shitty is the writing? is it like normal shitty comic writing, or better than average shitty comic writing?
>>
>>80402661
I see a clown face
>>
>>80405823
It's regularly considered one of the best graphic novels ever written.
Also often considered a bar for superhero comics so high up that pretty much nobody bothers, hence shit writing elsewhere.
Also it's Alan Moore, who is basically a major deity in the industry.

It might not be as relevant in terms of superheroics these days, but when it was written it was one of THE defining books in the genre and the form of comic books and graphic novels.
So go read it, even if you end up disagreeing you might learn something new.
>>
>>80405189
I read it before the movie was even announced, and the movie is in my top 5.
>>
>>80405823
Moore, gaiman and morrison are always good. The writting is always better than anyone who isnt them.

Check miracleman too.
>>
>>80402661
>also rorschach is the coolest character of any movie in my opinion

He's intentionally lame...
>>
>>80405823
Dude it's a children's picture book you're way too trucking smart to read it.
>>
>>80406060
>Never compromise, even in the face of Armageddon

I still unironically think this line is badass
>>
>>80405987
You're honestly saying Gaiman'sBlack Orchid is better than Mike Carey's Lucifer?
>>
>>80406107
Lucifer isnt capeshit. That anon as clearly asking about that.
>>
>>80405987
Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow is shit though
>>
>>80406144
Shit taste mate.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.