[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 52

Welcome to /who/, the Doctor Who General: New Trailer Edition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYhIqjuxVKE

Previous edition: >>404
>>
I invented Doctor Who
>>
>>80400562
Okay, Gareth.
>>
>>80400439
we're not all going to pretend not to notice that is a picture of a vagina?
>>
>>80401164
No, it's a vulva with a bell end in place of the vagina. And that penis head has a tongue.
>>
>>80400439
>Previous edition: >>404
I had no physical reaction to reading this but I still appreciate the humor of it.
>>
Just heard about Christopher Eccleston dropping out of another series one season in and forcing drastic rewrites. He fucked off a week into filming on Safe House, got his co-stars fired because they had to rewrite the whole thing.
>>
>>80401391
I think he was too busy filming in America.
>>
>>80401771
They had to cancel production and start over with another cast. That doesn't happen because of a scheduling conflict, especially not when production was already underway.
>>
>>80401818
From what I remember (it was like a year ago, right?) the rumour was that he just didn't show up for the first day of filming, and when the producer got in touch with him that night he was halfway across England, so they just told him he was fired and hung up, and the only further communication was between his agent and ITV's lawyers working out the wording to use in the press release.
>>
Oh fuck me it's actually called "the pilot" after all?
Is the plot something to do with a person who flies planes or are they literally being as transparent as possible?
>>
>>80402614
Moffat just wants to make sure that from now on, anyone who wants to buy a DVD of the actual 1963 pilot or search for it online will have a hell of a time finding it, so his name will never be forgotten.

But yeah, there probably is a spaceship pilot or something as an excuse.
>>
Why do fans keep saying Missy should have been the Rani? the Rani was cold and logical not insane and was utterly boring. Literally nobody with taste wants the Rani back
>>
>>80402777
I haven't heard that since 2015 tbqh
>>
>>80402820
It's been said again on the official page.
>>
>>80402777
Because she's female. To a certain subset of fandom, female characters obviously need to be the Rani in disguise. Clara, Kovarian, River, Amy, Donna, Lucy Saxon, Martha's sister, Martha, Jackie Tyler… There is probably nobody in the universe who's less like the Rani than Jackie Tyler, but hey, female character, must be the Rani.

The Rani done right could be an interesting character, but the idea that some other character who's nothing at all like the Rani should turn out to be her in disguise for a whole season, that's beyond stupid. But it hasn't stopped people every year since 2005 from saying it.
>>
>>80402706
>Moffat just wants to make sure that from now on, anyone who wants to buy a DVD of the actual 1963 pilot or search for it online will have a hell of a time finding it, so his name will never be forgotten.
The sad thing is I can't tell if you're joking or actually think this. The "everything Moffat writes is just to feed his ego" meme has gone past absurdity.
>>
>>80402934
I guess it's the RTDfag version of Poe's law:
>Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Moffat-hater in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.

I am a bit annoyed that he's reusing the name "The Pilot" (and "Thin Ice", for that matter). But I'm pretty sure he just thought it was a good name, knew it would cause a minor problem, and decided the problem wasn't big enough to worry about. I can't imagine that he'd seriously deliberately do it to create that problem.

So, in other words, about 99.9% joking.
>>
>>80402777
Nice trips. The Rani has not really been explored as a character due to her appearing in two shit stories and being created by two untalented writers that admittedly didn't really give a shit about the big picture of the show. The Master shows up, comes up with a shitty plan and/or foolishly places his trust in someone, and loses every time. The only thing that changes is how the Master is written, and it doesn't really change much. Maybe the Rani could have been interesting? The actress looks like a good cast? Making the Master into a female for no interesting reason?
>>
>>80402925
Before you get too high on that horse, prior to missy people did the exact same thing with speculating that male characters were the master in disguise. It's just babby's first speculation, not some microaggression
>>
>>80403026
>The Master shows up, comes up with a shitty plan and/or foolishly places his trust in someone,
Hey, give him a bit of credit. In the Delgado era, sometimes he did neither of those, and instead came up with two or more plans at the same time, each of which is somewhat reasonable, but that directly conflict with each other.
>>
So the spoiler hounds are saying series 10 is on Mondas and that's the twist, we still don't know what's in the basement.
>>
>>80403017
We're almost at the end of Moffat's era and there are people on /who/ that STILL automatically assume anybody critical of Moffat is an RTD fan?
>>
>>80403077
I really wish the Master would have died as planned. He would have been a great exclusive for the 3rd Doctor era and in general the Master showing up too often would be more understandable. He's still comfy after that but it'll never be as good.
>>
>>80403048
But showing up as another character in disguise and then getting a big surprise reveal two or three weeks in is the Master's standard MO. So of course people expect it of him.

The reason nobody ever says "I'll bet that's Borusa in disguise!" is that it's not Borusa's MO. Or any other Time Lord besides the Master.

So why do people say it of the Rani?
>>
>>80403148
Because the rani at a superficial level is "female master" since they're both time lord rivals of the doctor
>>
>>80403143
I agree. Robert Holmes could easily have invented a new character for The Deadly Assassin, and it would have been just as good.
>>
File: 1402120256616.jpg (76KB, 565x374px) Image search: [Google]
1402120256616.jpg
76KB, 565x374px
>>80403148
the Rani did use disguises in both of her televised stories tho. and technically in the Rani Elite too
>>
>>80403179
But that's the point—it's at a very superficial level. The Master is a deeply personal rival, and he's always been at least a little irrational; the Rani is a completely impersonal rival who's hyper-rational. The only reason you'd expect her to use his MO is if you knew nothing about her except that she's the Doctor's female rival.
>>
That Mondas twist is actually pretty cool. Bit disappointing that Mondas looks modern and not retro though but maybe it turns retro in the decades before the Tenth Planet. Jesus christ is there anything the 12th Doctor isn't partially responsible for.
>>
>>80403193
Or he could have easily just not done that plot and wrote a different story

Actually, I wonder what inspired him in the first place. I can't imagine he cared much about lore or fanwank
>>
>>80403110
>>80403253
Would be a pretty crazy twist but what does it actually change? Where do you go from "oh the planet you thought was Earth is actually Earth's twin planet!"?
>>
>>80403179
No. She's really not. The Master actively seeks out the Doctor constantly because shes obsessed with her best friend and playing murderous games, the Rani doesn't give a shit about the Doctor and just wants to advance her science theories and experiments she is not even his rival.
>>
>>80403287
I'm talking about the superficial level of casual fans who do this sort of entry level speculation. They don't care about the nuances between the master and the rani, all they really know is they are both in the category of "villain time lord"
>>
>>80403262
I don't think he was intending to create deep lore, he was just creating some MacGuffins to drive the plot along. He never seemed to care about being consistent with past stories, and I'm sure he would have been surprised to see how much fandom (and, later, the Cartmel circle and the VNAs and NuWho) built on top of the stuff in that story.
>>
>>80403312
>To a certain subset of fandom, female characters obviously need to be the Rani in disguise
It sounds like you're not disagreeing, just clarifying that the certain subset of fandom that does this because they don't get the show, what they specifically don't get is all the aspects of the Rani beyond just "villain time lord", right?

If so, why did you start off phrasing it as "Before you get too high on that horse"?
>>
>>80403110
No a random anon said it a couple thread ago as pure speculation, and the idea was so SHEEP it eventually made its way to Gallifrey base and people started claiming it came from trusted sources
>>
>>80403426
I read your post as if it was going for a "those sexists assume every female character is the rani just because they're girls" angle. It's easy to misread intentions on the internet
>>
>>80403278
Well, you go to the next part of the story, which is presumably the planet getting knocked out of orbit and the genesis of the Cybermen.

I suppose the hard part is "Oh, it's not Earth getting knocked out of orbit, so it's OK if we don't save it" after the reveal. To hardcore fans, "OMG Mondas" might make up for a copout like that, but to casual fans it would just seem like a pointless anticlimax that it's not Earth that's in danger.

So they'd need to find some way around that. But I think there are ways they could pull it off. (And having the companion for this entire season be from that planet would actually help.)
>>
>>80403522
OK, no problem. I don't think the Rani-speculators are sexist; they're just expecting the Rani so hard that they see every even vaguely mysterious female character as a potential Rani, and each time she isn't, they expect it even harder the next time.

(And I suppose after Missy we may start getting people who expect every mysterious character of either sex to be the Rani…)
>>
>>80403481
>implying /who/ isn't a trusted source
>>
>>80403110
>>80403481
lmao, GB "spoiler hounds" are so full of shit. Still, it's nice that there's enough hype for series 10 to generate all this wild guessing. Maybe it's just me but it seemed like no one was really that interested in what would happen in series 9.
>>
>>80403650
We haven't even confirmed the metadata on that guy's post yet
>>
>>80403253
>Jesus christ is there anything the 12th Doctor isn't partially responsible for.
So far, he's not responsible for Jesus Christ.

But then the first episode is Easter weekend, so that could change pretty soon…
>>
>>80403717
The funny thing is, he flat out said S10 is "almost a reboot", which sounds like it should mean "don't waste your time speculating", but then all the little hints that have come out make it impossible not to. Much smarter marketing than last time, even if it wasn't intentional (but I suspect it was).
>>
>>80403722
>But then the first episode is Easter weekend, so that could change pretty soon…
The Pilot is the pilot of an experimental timeship that crashes (like in Life of Brian), derailing events just enough that Jesus won't die in time to be reborn on Passover Sunday. God is helpless to fix it, so he calls the Doctor to save his plan.
>>
>>80403111
Nah, everyone else is just a nagger who realized they grew out of Who years ago but just can't divorce themselves from it. Classic Whovians are as big an example of that as any 'cause all they've done is moan about it since JNT
>>
>>80403111
>We're almost at the end of Moffat's era and there are people on /who/ that STILL automatically assume anybody critical of Moffat is an RTD fan?
If you're a Moffat-hater on /who/, there's really only a few possibilities:

a) You're an RTD fan, even 7 years into Moffat.
b) You're a Classic fan, even 12 years into NuWho.
c) You hate all iterations of Doctor Who and still spend all your time hanging out on /who/.
d) You're a time traveler from some future Dalekanium Age of Doctor Who, and you're wasting time travel on going back to use obsolete communications technology.
e) You're too stupid to realize that /who/ is about Doctor Who.

The first one seems the most charitable assumption by far.
>>
Whoever added the Avengers article to the wiki, thank you for reminding me about Basement Pertwee.

https://youtu.be/tqa4DaxVUwM?t=25m56s
>>
File: I-Am-Major.png (370KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
I-Am-Major.png
370KB, 460x460px
Bully no more
>>
>>80403533
I was already thinking that the biggest benefit to having it be Not Earth, is the fact that it can have an unhappy ending. Everything doesn't have to return to normal at the end of the episode like it does when it's based on Earth.
>>
>>80404306
or,
f) you don't like Moffat's writing
>>
>>80404552
Nice post.
>>
>>80404618
No, that's not f, that's just any one of a through e. If you hate Moffat's writing but like RTD's, that's a. If you hate Moffat's writing and RTD's, but like the classic writers, that's b. And so on.
>>
>>80404587
Yeah, having a companion who's from there means we can get the tragedy without the "oops, we just wrecked 2017 Earth so now we don't have a relatable setting for the show".
>>
My family's watching Doctor Who with me. It's Flatline.
>>
>>80404998
I watched Robots of Sherwood last night, and watching Flatline now. It just struck me that both the Sheriff and the Doctor note Clara's ability to lie well--and they both approve of it, foreshadowing the ending of Series 8, which relies on Clara's ability to lie.

This is why Series 8 is so good. Even the crappier eps tie into the arc.
>>
>>80404998
>Not watching The Caretaker

SAD!
>>
File: I am.png (565KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
I am.png
565KB, 460x460px
http://www.iammajor.me/
>>
>>80405343
Twas late.
>>
Does the most recent season get better after the Zygon shit? I forced myself to finish the Zygon Invasion and I found that I just couldn't stomach any more.
>>
>>80405710
Yes -- the Mark Gatiss episode is the best episode ever made
>>
>>80405710
Zygon story is comfy stuff.
Watch "Face the Raven" "Heaven Sent" and yeah, I'll say it, ignore any pleb that trashes "Hell Bent" too.
>>
>>80405727
I'll give it a watch. You better not be lying to me.
>>
>>80404306
Stop. I like Moffat but posts like these are embarrassing. People are allowed to shit on him.
>>
>>80405755
He lied.
>>
>>80405805
Sleep No More ain't that bad either.
Fuck pack mentality.
>>
>>80405829
Go to bed Mark.
>>
>>80405844
Sleeping soundly.
Might fire up "Six Thatchers" while I snuggle up to my teddies
>>
"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>80405749
I did not find that episode enjoyable at all. It's been a few months, so I don't remember a whole lot but I do remember the utter disdain I had for the scene where the soldiers were tricked into the Zygon base.
>>
>>80405829
I can never tell whether Sleep No More is intentionally parodying stale, generic Who plots, or was trying to, but managed to be an actual stale generic Who plot.
>>
>>80405895
It's Mark Gatiss, whose first professional work was a Doctor Who novel about the dangers of nostalgia.

So both. He's just completely oblivious about it.
>>
>>80405871

That one day he'll come back and get her son killed.

Don't look at that spoiler if you plan to listen to 8s audios.
>>
Episodes 1-4 Standalone
Episodes 5-8 mid series arc, (Truth Monks and Missy)
Episode 9-10 standalone
Episodes 11-12 (Mondas, Missy and whoever is in the basement).
>>
I'm currently writing an essay explaining why "Bad Wolf" is much better than Hell Bent in almost every aspect.
>>
File: DW8DDC03_slipcase_1417SQ.jpg (2MB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
DW8DDC03_slipcase_1417SQ.jpg
2MB, 1417x1417px
This is a big ask so I totally get it if no one wants to take me up on it, totally fair enough, but is there any chance someone could upload the "Behind the Scenes" part of Doom Coalition 3?
>>
>>80404552
>>80405404
what is this cancer?
>>
>>80406075
>Mark Gatiss, whose first professional work was a Doctor Who novel
Really? I did not know that. So he's like Larry if Larry actually progressed his career (and if Larry was a sh*t writer)
>>
>>80406182
fuck
>>
COMFY
>>
When will the BBC release HD/remastered versions of all Classic /who/? it would get many young people interested.
>>
>>80406481
never
>>
>>80406481
Impossible
>>
>>80406481
sadly classic who was filmed on tape so were never getting any remasters
>>
>>80406481

There is only one classic serial that that would even be possible to do for, and they've already done it.
>>
>>80406634
I never bothered to pick it up. Is it worth it? Good story but DVD seems fine.
>>
>>80406481
It's BBC. They filmed on standard definition tape, and then threw it away, because they're cheap.

Never gonna happen.
And HD versions of old shows really don't get young people interested.

There is an argument with stories with large amounts of location filming (where the 16mm inserts still exist) to be released as a hybrid upscaled/true HD Blu Ray, but that pretty much limits you to... The Visitation...
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1000x562px
Was this alien featured in S9 anywhere?
>>
>>80400439
Is that a bachina
>>
>>80406669

Eh, if you're not sold on it already then I doubt you'd find it worth your while. I didn't own the DVD already and I was intrigued how Classic Who would look in blu-ray and yeah, it looks good, but it's more like an interesting footnote in Classic Who history than something super important or anything. Nice little set though.
>>
>>80406696

Has anyone from the BBC or anything ever commented on releasing the Visitation that way, or is that purely just some fan musing? Interesting idea.
>>
>>80406712
That was for another production filming nearby.
>>
File: wow.png (150KB, 220x421px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
150KB, 220x421px
>>80404552
>>
>>80406757
Any ideas what it was?
>>
Pure Historical when?
>>
>>80405871
He's never fucking coming back.
>>
>>80406898

He literally did, two times. In The Five Doctors and An Earthly Child.
>>
>>80407043
>In The Five Doctors
No, he didn't come back. He just unintentionally bumped into her again.

>An Earthly Child.
Not canon.
>>
>>80407119
>Not canon

Filtered
>>
>>80407119
>Not canon.

As you surely well know, Doctor Who has no canon. Troll.
>>
>>80401192
>Terror of the Vulvoids
>>
>>80407119
>Not canon.
>He hasn't seen Night of the Doctor
Senpai, all the eight doctor earies are canon, Moffat made it so.
>>
>>80406797
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4671060/
>>
File: IMG_1949.jpg (52KB, 695x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1949.jpg
52KB, 695x425px
Lads, is this same Emperor as the one in Evil of the Daleks?
>>
>>80406712
Maybe he's got a skin condition, ever think of that?
>>
>>80407561
BASED MOFFAT
A
S
E
D

M
O
F
F
A
T
>>
I want to BREAK FREE!
>>
>>80407561
Moffat also said that Charley was standing just off screen when you see 8 in The Day of the Doctor, and we all know that DWM production notes are the highest form of canon.
>>
>>80407817
This scene is going to be like the Voodoo Child scene from Sound of Drums from what i'm hearing
>>
>>80407696
I would also like to know this.

Is Evil of the Daleks as GOAT as /who/ ranks who implies? Gonna watch it soon. Does anyone think that it'll be the next story to be animated??
>>
>>80407696
No. He was just a general who lucky by being the highest ranking survivor of the war.
>>
>>80407839
>Moffat also said that Charley was standing just off screen when you see 8 in The Day of the Doctor

Shit, really? Based moff.
>>
>>80407561
Moffat is not canon.
>>
File: confuseman.jpg (88KB, 1159x783px) Image search: [Google]
confuseman.jpg
88KB, 1159x783px
>the valeyard wants to kill the doctor
wouldn't that make the valeyard not exist?
>>
>>80408006
He also implied that Benny and River were once married. HIGHEST FORM OF CANON.
>>
>>80407839
Moffat also said that Bors ripped out his Dalek eye.

>tfw no Bors return in s10
>>
Episode 11 confirmed as The Highest Science
>>
File: tumblr_n837oeI8RV1rb7qpio1_500.png (275KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n837oeI8RV1rb7qpio1_500.png
275KB, 500x333px
>>80408006
>>
>>80408182

>tumblr
>>
File: 1449651409842.png (2MB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1449651409842.png
2MB, 900x1273px
>>80408199
>>
>>80406739
Steve Roberts of the Restoration has spoken about it, but he's never been in any authority to decide what they actually do.
He did think they'd never commission Spearhead actually.
>>
wait, Bill being from Mondas is real? They're talking about it on GB
>>
>>80407119
>Dr Who
>canon
>>
>>80408199

dude just ignore my legit source because of the filename lmao! the fact the image is hosted on tumblr totally invalidates it! muh website wars amirite!
>>
File: objective.png (962KB, 1384x2920px) Image search: [Google]
objective.png
962KB, 1384x2920px
>>
>>80408265
pretty sure they got it from here
i'd be surprised if it was real
she calls it earth in the trailer, unless that was a fake trailer line
>>
>>80408259
Restoration *team.
>>
>>80408309
>pretty sure they got it from here
>i'd be surprised if it was real

dude just ignore my legit source because of the website lmao! the fact the theory is hosted on GB totally invalidates it! muh website wars amirite!
>>
>>80408309
She says "which way's Earth"
For all we know that could be from the finale after she finds about the existence of Earth.
>>
christopher walken would have made a GOAT doctor
>>
>>80400439
Is it just me or that looks like a cunt?
>>
>>80406226
Uh I don't even download the BTS, sorry mate.
>>
>>80408339

dude just ignore my legit planet because of the name lol! the fact my planet is hosted in the same solar system totally invalidates it! muh planet wars amirite!
>>
>>80408199
>leddit spacing
>>
>>80408339
but she goes to university
is mondas meant to be a copy of earth?
>>
>>80408374

No worries, cheers anyway
>>
>>80408385

https://i.imgur.com/jvsIqgz.mp4

lmao, you got me. that's a really good tell honestly. never thought of that.
>>
File: headlines.png (216KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
headlines.png
216KB, 600x450px
>>80408304
Not sure about this emme
>>
>>80408349
Reminder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCv5o7n_mtk
>>
So, Bill serves chips in a university canteen on 21st century Mondas.

Nah
>>
File: fixed.png (1MB, 1384x2920px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
1MB, 1384x2920px
>>80408432
this one is more accurate
>>
>>80408391
Mondas and Earth are basically the same, but Mondas is upside down.

Mondas became cold and frozen after it drifted into space, so the Mondasian's turned themselves into cybermen to survive. In the poster we see the doctor/bill/nardole on a frozen planet, with what looks like Earth in the sky

Mars is also in the sky, which means it's our solar system. So probably Mondas
>>
>>80408468
When you realize they go to 1814 frozen Mondas too.
>>
i thought bill on mondas was bullshit until the first episode was called "the pilot"
i think its happening
>>
>>80408439

I was totally ready to hate on that vid from the title alone...but fuck, those are all great choices paralleling the actual Doctors we got.
>>
>>80408496
Girly Letters said her 'source' said Bill lives on Mondas so who knows. Could still be bullshit though
>>
>>80408439
I've never seen this before it was fucking SHEEP.
>>
>>80408423
Luckily /who/ doesn't really care or we'd be dragged off topic constantly but 4chan-x suppresses that behaviour just as it suppresses tumblr filenames.
>>
>>80408399
When I went looking for you the link that someone else had uploaded had already died... RIP anon ;_;
>>
>>80408515
yeah. I first saw it here so idunno. the title could just be hinting at the finale.
>>
>>80408439
Awful. The Doctor should never be American. Or any other nationality besides British and Irish. Just wouldn't work, the culture and humour is way too different. The Doctor is a British alien.
>>
>>80408439
The only one that feels out of place is Glover, but I guess the editor put him in for Community references.

The other choices are fantastic tho. Maclachlan as fifth would be actually better than what we got.
>>
>>80408568
I'm flattered you went looking at all :) Really, cheers.
>>
>>80408584
Yet 12's costume is like what an orthodox jew would wear

what did the BBC mean by this?
>>
File: eric roberts 4.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eric roberts 4.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>80408584
>>
>>80408584
>The Doctor is a British alien.
>>
>>80408604
A hoodie and hobo pants?
>>
File: 9laughing.gif (979KB, 322x243px) Image search: [Google]
9laughing.gif
979KB, 322x243px
>tfw you make an offhand post about bill being from mondas and it actually happens
>>
David Bradley is back for the Christmas special
>>
>>80408584
Pretty sure the person who made this was just having a goof m8.
>>
>>80408633
He is though. He is culturally British.
>>
>>80408762
No.
>>
Paul McGann will be playing the Thirteenth Doctor, much the same way as Tom Baker played both the Fourth Doctor and the Curator and David Tennant played the Tenth Doctor and the Meta-Crisis Doctor.
>>
>>80408886
Yes, but that's not what the Doctor keeps in the basement, that's the hydroflax body with a cyberman head
>>
For the first time ever, series 10 sees a mid-season 3 parter, a political story which focuses on 'the minister of war' as said in under the lake/before the flood
>>
I've seen Series 10 workprints/read scritps. You don't have to believe me if you don't want.

Bill is on Mondas but thinks its Earth. Most of the Cybermen were killed in The Time War but a few were left on Mondas and they slowly rebuilt with old parts, hence the classic cybermen

It's moffats best arc but I'm not sure how long he can keep it from leaking.
>>
>>80408916
>And how Michelle Gomez played every Moffat-penned female character ever.
>>
File: rollin.gif (401KB, 250x143px) Image search: [Google]
rollin.gif
401KB, 250x143px
>>80409028
>you don't have to believe me if you don't want
>>
>>80409028
You can tell this is fake because Mondas was destroyed long before the Time War, and the cybermen had colonised Telos by then
>>
I've seen Series 11 workprints. You don't have to believe me.

McGann is played by Hayley Atwell

The series arc is essentially a retelling of the Divergent Universe story
>>
I hope Bill gets converted in the finale.

It would not surprise me if the closeup of the cyberman in the trailer was actually Bill. Moffat would think that was clever, actually revealing the finale but we didn't spot it.

Remember this.
>>
I've Series 10 the seen workprints. You don't have to believe me if you want don't to.

The secret Gareth Roberts story, which can be accessed by shouting ZAMPER! three times at your TV screens surrounded by candles, is really good.

Bill and Nardole have sex. Nardole is revealed as a lesbian in the episode 11 cliffhanger.

Steven Moffat cameos.
>>
Bill won't be written out in a christmas story so he either leaves in ep12 or chibnall keeps her.

Chib will want a new start at christmas so she probably dies in the finale.
>>
File: Merrows.png (648KB, 1051x615px) Image search: [Google]
Merrows.png
648KB, 1051x615px
>>
>>80409316
There's no way Bill will stay for the Chib era. She'll die/leave in the finale, probably the former, and 12 will be left to regenerate alone in the Christmas special, like Tennant. Although I expect some past Moffat era characters may appear, but apparently his 'companion' for the story is the first Doctor
>>
>>80409468
>but apparently his 'companion' for the story is the first Doctor

Gan we gather up all the Christmas rumors and take bets? I remember people saying it's a Susan/12 story, an 8/12 story and the 1/12 story.
>>
Missy makes a deal with the so called ''Truth Monks'' the Monks were ancient Gallifreyan warriors who once served Rassilon. During the Dark times there was a battle and Rassilon betrayed them, imprisoning them in a giant Pyramid on an ancient world once inhabited by the Gallifreyans, Missy releases them and they subjugate the human population. The Monks allow Missy to become the their Minister of War and she controls the Memory police. The Monks feign the allusion that life is a paradise under their rule via mind control. The Memory police controlled by Missy are memory enforces wiping the memory of anyone who breaks from the Monks illusion.
>>
>>80409511
any more?
>>
File: Heather.png (618KB, 891x665px) Image search: [Google]
Heather.png
618KB, 891x665px
Threadly reminder that this is Heather who is Bill's girlfriend which one anon disbelieves.
>>
>>80409509
I don't have any inside knowledge or anything, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be 12 meeting 1.

Moffat said if he didn't write Day of the Doctor, he'd write the First Doctor meeting the current Doctor to see the man he's become.

It's really fankwanky, but it's likely since Moff/Capaldi are leaving, and Capaldi got his Mondas cyberman wish. His other wish was to go back to Susan, so maybe that happens too. Also the first doctor's costume was seen on display with all the S10 props
>>
>>80409617
>>80409619
Also, Bill/Heather = reference to Bill Hartnell and his wife Heather.

So maybe 1 does return. Although I can't see 12 keeping 1 in the basement. I'm guessing it's probably a Mondas cyberman that breaks out
>>
Christmas is a big budget romp with the new Doctor.
>>
Is there a single s10 cast list with a character called Heather?

No.
>>
>>80409677
Would they do this, a multi-doc with 12/13? surely that would undermine the premise of Capaldi leaving. Unless you mean Xmas in 13's first story.
>>
>>80409715
The actresses CV specifies she's playing a character called Heather
>>
>>80409582
The Monks try to kill the Doctor and nearly succeed, Missy realizes that they are almost too powerful for her to control, the Master became the pawn this time not the other way around, realizing her mistake Missy sacrifices herself to destroy the Monks and save the Doctor. But she doesn't actually die, as she shows up again in the finale. But the Doctor actually believes her to be dead until the finale and he is upset by it.
>>
>>80409468
>He actually literally believes that Moffat is capable of killing his characters
>>
>>80409761
What's her name.
>>
>>80409787
I dunno but it was posted here literally yesterday

Someone post it
>>
>>80409776
>he actually believes we don't know who this new trip really is
>>
"One day, I shall come back...Yes, I shall come back."

Xmas special will be called 'One Day'.

Screenshot this.

And screenshot it again.
>>
>>80409840
He already came back, twice.
>>
>>80409809
>I dunno
>>
>>80409859
Stephanie Hyam
>>
>>80409224
GOAT
>>
File: 234567890.png (572KB, 662x404px) Image search: [Google]
234567890.png
572KB, 662x404px
I want to break free
>>
File: sheboon.jpg (57KB, 288x360px) Image search: [Google]
sheboon.jpg
57KB, 288x360px
Gallifrey Base cucks actually want this thing to be #13

Hhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
>>
It's got be said, Bill doesn't seem all that upset in any of the trailer, for someone who's girlfriend just died.
>>
>>80409859
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6599447/

>Doctor Who
>Series 10
>The Pilot
>Heather
>>
>The Radio Times reported Mark Gatiss was writing an episode for series 10, possibly a sequel to his series 9 episode, Sleep No More.[32] On 4 June 2016, Gatiss himself confirmed that he was writing an episode.[33] However on 6 December, Gatiss told on Twitter, due to recent edits of fake titles (among them, "The Sandmen Return") that he has not made a sequel to his 2015 episode.

What did he mean by this?
>>
anyone else agree?
>>80408662
>>
Hartnell would be so proud of an interracial lesbian homage to his career and family.
>>
>>80409986
>dose dsl's
>>
File: S10 HYPE.jpg (3MB, 1436x2150px) Image search: [Google]
S10 HYPE.jpg
3MB, 1436x2150px
Is /who/ hyped for Series 10?
>>
File: IMG_20161219_124923.jpg (32KB, 297x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161219_124923.jpg
32KB, 297x318px
>>
>>80410036
Moffat probably told him to can it after the awful reception.
He actually said before the episode came out that it would be a "fan favorite" Boy was he wrong.
>>
>le sleep no more is bad meme

it's the best episode of nuwho
>>
>>80410311
>he hasn't had a Garethon
>>
File: download.jpg (83KB, 460x480px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
83KB, 460x480px
>>
File: street colin.jpg (58KB, 580x394px) Image search: [Google]
street colin.jpg
58KB, 580x394px
>>80410442
...is this what you meant to post?
>>
>>80410517

Precisely, and not a moment too soon.
>>
What episode confirmed for you that Doctor Who is dead?

For me? The Beast Below.
>>
>>80411058

The Cave of Skulls
>>
>>80411058
Why? I always thought it was quite underrated. Did you not like The Eleventh Hour either? I can't imagine watching TEH inject new life into Doctor Who, only to decide it was dead the following week.
>>
>>80411075
The transcript of production meeting between Verity Lambert and Sydney Newman on November 22nd, 1963 did it for me.
>>
>>80411129
Personally the moment Sydney Newman was born ruined Doctor Who for me.
>>
>>80411058
Rose
>>
File: 1443575426828.jpg (31KB, 499x509px) Image search: [Google]
1443575426828.jpg
31KB, 499x509px
>>80411058
That is not dead which can eternal lie
>>
>>80411175
I'd say when Thomas Edison started experimenting on the lightbulb
>>
>>80411353
I'd say it was The Big Bang for me

it was a disappointing finale
>>
>>80411058
Girl Who Died.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMggBlx0ZIU&ab_channel=RosaMagalh%C3%A3es

yfw even qts shit on the colour grading...
>>
File: 1489496095567.png (299KB, 369x624px) Image search: [Google]
1489496095567.png
299KB, 369x624px
>>80411590

>qt
>>
File: peter-capaldi.png (478KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
peter-capaldi.png
478KB, 1136x640px
>>80411590
qt
>>
>>80411637
>>80411663
In what fucking universe is she not a qt?
>>
File: 13th Doctor.png (231KB, 349x418px) Image search: [Google]
13th Doctor.png
231KB, 349x418px
The Doctor: It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for...

Bill: So he was The Doctor all the time!
>>
File: youcamethrough.gif (30KB, 203x270px) Image search: [Google]
youcamethrough.gif
30KB, 203x270px
>>80411696

>opinions, how do they work!?
>>
>>80411696
Actually she does look pretty QT but also slightly insane and would likely have some daddy issues.
>>
Episode titles when?
>>
>>80411637
>>80411663

https://youtu.be/OunvvCLBvA0?t=7m55s

when capaldi shows up and she pretty much cums
>>
>>80411844

she looks a lot better in that vid. i'm sure she's a nice person. i'm sorry if i offended anyone by posting a skeptical capaldi image calling into doubt her status as a "qt".
>>
>>80411844
holy kek
based capalman
>>
>>80411874
https://youtu.be/6beC36sHH1E

actually I take it all back she is a qt
>>
anyone have the rain gif someone made with that girl once awhile back
>>
>>80401164
Is that what they look like?
Damn. I am never having sex then.
>>
File: disheveled.jpg (44KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
disheveled.jpg
44KB, 500x281px
peak capaldi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT9IdCrpITk
>>
>>80412055
40 minutes of watching a qt make weird expressions, speaking broken english, and then tearing up towards the end...sounds like a dream to me
>>
is this canon
https://youtu.be/s75VEJoDE4s?t=18s
>>
File: another hydroflax head.jpg (51KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
another hydroflax head.jpg
51KB, 976x549px
>>80408941
W-what happened to Ramone? Did he get a new body too?
>>
>>80412597
Nah. The Doctor left him cause he kissed River
>>
>>80409468
If the fans like her, Chinballs will keep her for his 1st season. Saves him from having to find a new companion AND a new Doctor. Moff has admitted that having to do this was unwanted extra pressure b4 series 5.
>>
>>80412759
They're not going to wait to see if fans like her...
No time for that.
>>
File: lunch with chib.jpg (43KB, 650x485px) Image search: [Google]
lunch with chib.jpg
43KB, 650x485px
Hi /who/! What are you eating?
>>
>>80412830
Nothing, on a diet. I'll have a water though, and would love to chat with you Chibnall :)
>>
>>80412830

Pip and Jane Baker's careers
>>
File: chib.jpg (70KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
chib.jpg
70KB, 634x436px
>>80412856
>and would love to chat with you Chibnall :)

aw shucks
>>
>>80412883
kek
>>
>>80412913
I think you'll do a killer job of running the show :)
>>
File: dobby doctor f sake.jpg (8KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
dobby doctor f sake.jpg
8KB, 299x169px
>>80411058
I thought The Beast Below was pretty good.

My lowest point of classic Who was Bonnie Langford playing the companion ( an't even remember the name of the character she played). Started re-watching after she left.

NuWho? The Dobby Doctor was a severely depressing time as a long time fan. Nearly gave up all hope at this point.
>>
>>80413036
Who's already written their book pitches for the New New Adventures during the wilderness years 2.0?
>>
File: india arse.jpg (64KB, 623x420px) Image search: [Google]
india arse.jpg
64KB, 623x420px
>>80408182
>making Charley a canon part of the 50th
Based Moffat
>>
>>80408006
It's a shame he didn't use footage of India Fisher to give her an on-screen appearance for like two seconds.
>>
File: McGann nod.gif (3MB, 389x304px) Image search: [Google]
McGann nod.gif
3MB, 389x304px
>>80408182
This makes me so happy.
>>
>>80413237
All jokes aside, he really is /ourguy/, more than anyone else ever writing for the show. I don't think we'll see his like again desu.
>>
>>80413189
My finger is on the button, Anon.
Realistically, what are the odds that they'll ever actually do open submissions again?
>>
File: Fuck Offerino.webm (507KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Offerino.webm
507KB, 640x360px
He did this on purpose, this man can't be that fake with that smug face
>>
File: suchkek.gif (1MB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
suchkek.gif
1MB, 400x228px
>people here think Lungbarrow is canon
>>
File: 1369052458888.gif (443KB, 464x281px) Image search: [Google]
1369052458888.gif
443KB, 464x281px
>>80408182
>FINLAY WORRALLO

I don't know why I read this name like 11th screaming it loud like he does with AAAAAYMEEEEEEEEE
>>
>people here think big finish is canon
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>people here think the simm master is canon
>>
>>80413018
>>
is simm as bad as some people here say he is? i haven't actually watched his episodes in years and i'm nervous about revisiting.
>>
>>80414006
The Simm Master is good but because RTD wrote him /who/ hates him.
>>
File: 1475856224602.png (732KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475856224602.png
732KB, 1200x800px
>>80413950
>people here start shitposting until get comments enough to start a new general with their favorite theme
>>
>>80413816
>>80413950
>>80413973
>implying doctor who is canon
>>
>>80414030
fuck off mongo
>>
>>80414006
He's a potentially interesting idea executed poorly. It doesn't help that he only showed up twice and his second appearance was one of the low points of the show.
>>
>>80414074
It also doesn't help that Gomez does the Master as Joker much better than Simm did.
>>
File: AinleyMaster.jpg (29KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
AinleyMaster.jpg
29KB, 768x576px
>people here think the Gomez Master is the best Master
>>
>>80414030
>tfw he turns up to set for the 50th time that day and asks for autograph #90
>>
File: 1469814033379.gif (478KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1469814033379.gif
478KB, 500x275px
>>80414057
Bored, Cloister?

This shit always starts when we pass the 250 comments, non endless commentaries about whatever random topic to achieve like 275 or 290 to then, some idiot start a new general with their favorite shitposting or episode

Don't act like you don't do that, like nobody here doesn't do that
>>
>>80414136
fuck off cats
>>
doctor who more like doctor poo
>>
>>80414136
I don't do it.
I can never be arsed to find a picture for the new thread.
>>
File: 1479410612850.jpg (49KB, 526x524px) Image search: [Google]
1479410612850.jpg
49KB, 526x524px
>>80414136
>some idiot start a new general with their favorite shitposting or episode

I'm sad now
>>
http://imgur.com/a/d9mPS

This is a great read. Might be worth reading all the '90s DWMs actually.
>>
File: New_new_york_doctor_who.gif (498KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
New_new_york_doctor_who.gif
498KB, 500x288px
New York was comfy
>>
File: hm.png (2MB, 1326x579px) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
2MB, 1326x579px
>>80414473
is that...?
IT CAN'T BE
>>
>>80414473
>>80414822
New New York return confirmed.
>>
File: Cxk_2q5W8AIrZsq.jpg (40KB, 478x353px) Image search: [Google]
Cxk_2q5W8AIrZsq.jpg
40KB, 478x353px
>>80414473
>>80414822
WAY BETTER, New New New New New New New New New York AFTER GRIDLOCK EPISODE

Capaldi goes back to check how people are surviving after their escape

GET HYPE
>>
>>80414225
"I'd chuck out all the continuity - it's dull. I don't care where the Doctor came from or why he travels the universe!" - Steven Moffat
>>
http://worldscreen.com/tvdrama/steven-moffat-talks-doctor-who-sherlock/#.WMgFrBl6Lc0
>>
>>80415459
>Well, nothing! We haven’t even begun to sit down and work out how we’re going to promote it and what things we’re going to give away and what things we’re going to keep secret. I haven’t even thought about it! I’m slightly nervous of saying anything at the moment. Missy will be back, and Pearl Mackie will be in playing Bill [the Doctor’s new companion]. Aside from that, you’re going to have to wait and see. It’s on its way. It will be good. Lots of monsters!

This must be an older interview.
>>
>>80412793
Chubnal is on holiday until the s10 reviews come in.
>>
>Just my balls.
>Golf chin balls!
>>
>>80413813
Shock news! Actors in a TV show may have a sexual attraction to each other. FFS
>>
Source is telling me the final word uttered in Series 10 is "Chatterton"
>>
>>80415958
he meant the finger, anon.
>>
I've hated the last 2 seasons, not cos of Capaldi, I've just found the stories really boring. But not gonna lie, Series 10 looks GOAT
>>
>>80411696
Well for starters, this one.
>>
>>80416172
I'm sure he did slip her the finger
>>
>>80416201
Same. I didnt really hate these season though, I just found them extremely mediocre and underwhelming.
>>
>>80416201
I really liked season 8 because its stories felt more grounded and sincere than previous seasons (Except for Kill the Moon and Forest which were the most stupid things)

Not a fan of season 9.
>>
>>80414225
Really makes me appreciate how Russell brought it back in 2005. He was saying that Gallifrey and all the Doctor's backstory would bore viewers, and he'd instead just keep pushing forward, but he eventually managed to create a new series that was accessible and kept the Doctor's history intact while still keeping it vague enough to keep the Doctor mysterious and captivating for new audiences.
>>
>>80416236
I've just found them a chore to watch. There have been a few exceptions though - I've loved all of his Xmas specials apart from the dream crab one.

>>80416260
Series 9 was dire in my opinion. It looked washed out and cheap. Also the Capaldi title sequence looks really amateurish. I think it's the theme tune, it just doesn't have that 'kick' that the Eccleston-Smith themes had. Hoping Capaldi gets a new title sequence for his final series like Smith did
>>
>>80416172
OK, the finger sucking was a bit *ahem* uber implication.
>>
>>80416279
I love how many new fans get excited over Gallifrey whenever it's mentioned/appears. I always groan when I'm watching a classic Gallifrey story. Invasion of Time is fucking shit for example.
>>
Any OSU players here? Should I use keyboard for clicking on should rather stay with solo mouse like I did before? I feel like it's impossible to click fast enough with mouse only
>>
>>80416260
I associate both of the series with mostly dull stories with boring colour palettes, with a horrible overuse of "A Good Man" (I really hope they stop using that music, it's crap). It's worth watching for Capaldi though and I'm really hyped for series 10.
>>
>>80416346
Yeah it is really funny how instead of trashing the boring old lore, they just alluded to it in such a way that it seemed way more interesting than it actually was.
>>
>>80416428
It's the same thing when people want Omega to be behind everything. Why? He's a terrible villain
>>
File: Capaldance.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Capaldance.gif
2MB, 400x225px
NEW THREAD

>>80416500

>>80416500

>>80416500
>>
>>80416310
Also not a fan of the current theme tune.

Series 4 one a GOAT. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwj5KhF1Hhk
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.