[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will Abatap come back when this finally gets released? also,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Avatar-2.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
32KB, 480x360px
will Abatap come back when this finally gets released?

also, how can the sequel to a movie that literally everyone saw have absolutely zero hype around it?
>>
>>80396362
> unironically counting out Cameron
> thinks normies won't fall for the 3D/HFR meme again
>>
>>80396362
Cameron is entirely spectacle-oriented
He's really good at making grand, well directed and memorable kinos, all completely devoid of substance

This doesn't make him bad, just mostly irrelevant given any big-director conversations

He's like Kubrick for the middle-class

Sure it'll be pretty but who gives a fuck enough to talk about it?
>>
>>80396503
More like a technocratic Jack Arnold.
>>
>>80396362
That's just what the haters want to believe
0/10 you're just butthurt
>>
>>80396362
>also, how can the sequel to a movie that literally everyone saw have absolutely zero hype around it?

Avatar was a flesh in the pan movie and the sequel is taking nearly a decade to make.
>>
>>80396362
disney shills on payroll for this already?
>>
>>80396362
He's in the Gulag now and he's never ever EVER coming out.
>>
File: CAayFD6WsAAub2f.jpg (44KB, 666x629px) Image search: [Google]
CAayFD6WsAAub2f.jpg
44KB, 666x629px
>>80398056
>flesh in the pan
>>
File: 1488891756859.webm (3MB, 576x312px) Image search: [Google]
1488891756859.webm
3MB, 576x312px
>>80396362
>how can the sequel to a movie that literally everyone saw have absolutely zero hype around it?

It doesn't even come out until next December, you autist. They've released zero promotional material.

You're an idiot if you unironically believe Avatar 2 will in any way "bomb." It will most likely gross more than the original considering Cameron has spent the last 9 years coming up with the next big innovation in filmmaking. Avatar gave us actual "it looks like I'm looking through a window at a real world" 3D, rather than "I'm watching a moving pop up book" 3D. He wants to do that again with the sequel, which is why, like the first one, the release kept getting pushed back.
>>
>>80398584
>Sarah being Marvel

So in the end Marvel wins................... heh.
>>
>>80396362
His 7 year old trip showed up in an avatar thread a week back actually
>>
>>80396362
I cant remember a movie coming out that had as many people see it yet still make such little cultural impact
>>
It actually got moved back...again. He hasn't even started shooting the fucking thing, yet alone the 3 other sequels.
>>
>much cultural impact meme

The first movie started from nothing and absolutely destroyed the box office. It didn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, and nearly everyone agreed that it was indeed a must-see theatrical event. You bet your ass when Avatar 2 finally gets released in 2025 that James Cameron will have built up an even bigger hype storm than he did for the first one. The Muh-Cultural-Impact Redditors won't see it opening weekend, but once it becomes the only thing people are talking about again, you can bet that they'll be lining up to see Iron Jim's latest kino.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (116KB, 797x593px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
116KB, 797x593px
>>80398829
>Jurassic World
>Furious 7
>Minions
>>
>>80396362
I didn't even know this was announced officially. I definitely won't see it. I think after the first movie everyone realized the hype was all for the 3D and the movie itself was pretty bland.

Please, please don't ever mention Abatap again.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.