[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone suggested Match Point a while back and it sounded pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: match_point_ver3.jpg (42KB, 494x700px) Image search: [Google]
match_point_ver3.jpg
42KB, 494x700px
Someone suggested Match Point a while back and it sounded pretty interesting but while they were suggesting it they also mentioned that Scarlett Johansson apparently dies in it which kind of put me off watching it because I don't like watching stuff I've spoiled. So is that actually a big spoiler? It just seems really weird to me that someone would casually mention a spoiler while recommending a film.
>>
Yeah. That is a big spoiler.
>>
>>80394393
Well fuck. I thought maybe it could be one of those films where they die at the beginning and then it shows how it happened but I guess not. I really wonder what the fuck was going through that poster's mind.
>>
>>80394342
Punch them in the dick for depriving you of a top-tier Woody Allen flick.
>>
it's a big spoiler, but it's not the main plot of the movie.

in my opinion, this is the best movie of woody allen.
>>
>>80394342
yeah this is one of Woody's all time best.

I even liked Scoop with ScarJo.
>>
>>80394342
>he thinks plot matters

every fucking day we get these /v/ nubians come and shit up this board with their disgusting mouth breathing sense of aesthetics.
>>
>>80394815
>>80394899
>>80394965
>>80395003
I won't let it stop me from watching it, I'm just annoyed about having to go in spoiled. Especially after seeing Woody Allen made it, because he's awesome. On the bright side that's literally all they spoiled about it so at least I don't have any context for it. Good to hear it's considered so high quality.

Side note, thoughts on Midnight in Paris? Saw that on Netflix so I was considering it.
>>
>>80394815
As a straight male, I wish someone had told me I'm not the target audience for woody allen's flicks
>>
>>80395706
While I hate to contribute to /tv/'s Reddit bitching, beginning your post with an "As a" description of yourself that is completely irrelevant to your statement is EXACTLY what they do on Reddit.
>>
>>80395754
It seems relevant if allen's flicks are exclusively for women and fags, which they are
>>
>>80396015
Then they should be right up your alley, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>80395181

Midnight in Paris is very good. Super light and enjoyable. Owen Wilson playing a laid back version of the neurotic Woody Allen protagonist is a surprisingly good combination. Marion Cotillard and Rachel McAdams are gorgeous, Michael Sheen plays a great douche, and Corey Stoll steals the movie as Ernest Hemingway.

Match Point is better, but both are among the best stuff Woody has done post-2000 (along with Blue Jasmine).
>>
>>80394342
>I don't like watching stuff I've spoiled.
You legitimately need to grow up.
>>
>>80397334
People who spoil stuff for others need to grow up. It's massively selfish considering you didn't have it spoiled for yourself and yet you think you have the right to ruin it for others.
>>
>>80394342
snape kills dumbldore
>>
>>80397517
>People who spoil stuff for others need to grow up
no they don't. people who take spoilers seriously need to grow up. spoilers do not matter and should not determine whethero r not you enjoy a film.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.