[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 21

File: maxresdefault.jpg (171KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171KB, 1200x900px
How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?
>>
Because BvS is at least worth discussing, whereas people already know Civil War is flat-out shit.
>>
BvS has better memes
>>
is it? Seems more like a bunch of circlejerk threads about grade school symbolism and religious subtext, and any criticism no matter what is said to be Marvelfags or 'pajeets'.

I'm so glad WB is completely above it all and the best thing to ever happen to le cinema, praise Snyder!

Embarrassing.
>>
>>80390839
This

The same movie that has MARTHA on one hand also has autists trawling through screencaps looking for more religious allegory, symmetry and symbolism to try and argue that it actually kino on the other.

Civil War, as a solidly entertaining (if unspectacular) Marvel flick, just doesn't have that kind of legs in 4chan world. There's only so many keks you can squeeze out of some webms with lots of cuts.
>>
bvs threads are all about DCucks trying to convince /tv/ it's actually good solely because it has sixth grade level symbolism.

Civil war was just a good flick that the majority of people appreciated and there's not much more to be said.
>>
>>80391473
Civil War was trash and this is coming from an actual Marvel fan.
>>
>>80390782

because "Dormammu, I've come to bargain!" and r-rated Wolverine were better films than Civil War
>>
because civil war didn't leave everyone hating the entire brand requiring years to realign public opinion
>>
>>80391473
Civil war was nothing, just a bunch of fights between some little of story. Too many characters.
>>
>>80390782
Because Civil War was competently made but otherwise incredibly bland and forgettable.
>>
>>80393099
>competently made

break out the webm's boys
>>
cuz comic book movies are for kids
>>
Because /tv/ talks ONLY about shit.

There's literally three threads in the catalog right now about Big Bang Theory, and that came out ten years ago.
>>
>>80390782
I thing Snyder makes beatiful films, I also think he's the first director to do a good cinematic Batman and Superman, so I bump these threads when I see them.
>>
>>80390782
Becuase it's a meme you dip
>>
What are some movies about spic shills?

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/z7lofyI7NntdsCGZq6zwtA/
>>
>>80393673
thx anon
>>
Because Civil War was a safe movie that was made following the same formula as every Marvel movie. BvS, whether you love it or hate it, broke the mold of superhero movies. It was unique, and it's still talked about due to how polarizing the finished product ended up being.
>>
>>80390782
Bad things are easier to discuss that good things. There aren't as many ways to say "That was pretty good. It was fine"

It's a cheeseburger versus a steak that actually turned out to be a lump of shit on a plate instead of a steak.
>>
>>80391632
>>80392993
This, nothing to actually talk about with Civil War. It was so vanilla and bland and low-stakes it can hardly be recalled.
>>
>>80391598
pretty much this. I liked both though.
>>
>>80390782
Because I quit my job to shitpost about BvS when it came out and I feel like it would all be for nothing if I didnt continue doing it at least once a week
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 582x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 582x539px
>>80393724
Same guy
>>
>>80390782
BvS is the only "big" DC movie so far, and 1 of only 2 DCEU movies.

Civil War is better, but 1 of whatever number of Marvel movies already out there.

BvS is also more easily quotable, due to how bad it was, like the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>80390782
cuz dc fags keep bringing it up
>>
File: thread-finisher.png (635KB, 565x821px) Image search: [Google]
thread-finisher.png
635KB, 565x821px
>>80390782
BvS was an actual movie, it had flaws but it was made to be a cinematic experience.

CW was a glorified children's tv show special like how the japanese produce after a Kamen Rider show ends.

Theres little of cinematic value in CW, while BvS still offer us questions and answers to ponder even months after.
>>
>>80390782
>"look mom I posted it again"
10 DCShill cents have been deposited in your account.
>>
>>80394720
It broke nothing. Stop acting like people who love it are even half thw amount of the people that hated it. It was boring, clueless of its owns motivation, and a disgrace to DC comics.
>>
>>80390782
I have to agree with this 2
>>80390810
>>80390839
>>
>>80395456
Which, again, is something that Civil War never did. Civil War was a fucking mindless repeat of every other shit tier Marvel movie. Batman vs Superman, while probably liked by half of its viewers, if even, will undoubtedly be remembered by almost everyone who watched it for at least a few years.
>>
>>80390782
>Batman vs Superman, while probably liked by half of its viewers
It was hated by everyone who isn't a shill. I like enjoying a movie disregarding what company made it. You just like BvS because it's DC and you, Fedora tipping neckbeard, like to pretend you are more sofisticated than you really are.
CW was nesesary and ok. It followed a formula that work in the past, and guess what? It worked again.
>>
>>80395689
But it worked on no level besides heartless cash grab. Nobody remembers the movie for it's dramatic acting, nor it's exhilarating fight scenes. It had no exciting characters, no cool costumes, no beautiful cinematography or soundtrack. I didn't even care for BvS, but it was a better movie because it at least tried to be something besides a hamfisted cash grab.
>>
>>80395556

everything it's remembered for is bad
>>
>>80395689
>It was hated by everyone who isn't a shill.
Can you prove this at all? Your precious critic aggregate site says more movie goers than not viewed the movie favorably.
>>
>>80390782
BvS was actually intellectually demanding for most of its narrative. A lot of existential and philosophical themes of power because Snyder was trying to make something as grand as Shakespeare

Civil War was a literal Marvel cash grab and toy commercial. They spend about five minutes questioning the nature of morality and then spend the rest on shitty quips and CGI.

Simply put, BvS objectively has more to discuss.
>>
>'why does nobody ever talk about Civil War' he says in the 500th thread asking why nobody talks about Civil War
>>
>>80395316
Counting the Watchmen as DCverse.
Desperate as it gets.
>>
File: newlayersofkino.png (762KB, 872x574px) Image search: [Google]
newlayersofkino.png
762KB, 872x574px
>>80396038
Most people are actually talking about BvS in this thread thou...
>>
File: zackatwork.jpg (604KB, 2024x1350px)
zackatwork.jpg
604KB, 2024x1350px
>>80396099
They are all SnyderCapekino
>>
>>80395861
You are just making excuses to say it was bad. I agree. It was bad.
CW was not heartless. It had the death of the king of Wakanda, it had zemo's suicide attempt. I don't know what you are memeing about.
>>
Caution: this post states facts about the internet's behaviour towards a couple of flicks, and while there is some meme lingo to spice it up, the post does not reflect the author's opinion on either film, as it could generate bias and contaminate discussion. Unlike the rest of this thread.

BvS generates more discussion due to the extreme hate from one side and extreme fanatism from the other. People will spew mindless "MARTHA" memes until the end of times, and other people will also post their entire folders of biblical references and justifications for Lex Luthor's plan till hell freezes over. There was massive backlash for BvS which makes a lot of fans come out and defend it, while Civil War is straight up considered good and even great by the majority and only some minorities considered it utter shit (again, let's not discuss which is the right opinion, just which one is more prominent), there's a very clear general opinion of it, like how Bay's Transformers are an explosive clusterfuck and no one bothers trying to prove otherwise. As such, no one needs to discuss it, no one needs to defend CW, but some still try to attack it which coincidentally happen to be the same people trying to defend BvS.

In the end, we're all wasting our fucking time trying to argue about this, you'll never have a threesome with the Russos and Zack will never be your Daddy. Go watch a new movie for once.
>>
More like Dcucks keep memeing their shit movie and Marvelfags get back to back kino and have new things to talk about.
>>
>>80395985
I didn't understand half your post. I can prove nobody who isn't a shill liked it. The real question is, should I? You are not going to believe me either way.
>>
>>80396320
It's funny because I hated this shitty fucking movie but I thought the "MARTHAA" scene was one of the few that actually made sense and served to round out the edges of the two characters
>>
>>80396360
Bizarre, I thought the exact same thing. The idea, conceptually, is great (blablabla it reminds Bats about his mom and why he's Bats but also lets him know Supes is a normal man and has a mom blablabla), it's a real shame the execution is absolutely retarded (blablabla why didn't Supes just tell Bats earlier is he a fucking idiot or what blablabla).
It's cool, and I think Snyder works with the Rule of Cool, but he writes around these ideas and struggles when they have to make some practical sense.
>>
>>80396360
The Martha scene makes sense but it's hilariously badly executed

People laughed out loud at it in the screening I went to
>>
>>80396360
>>80396544
Agreed
I thought the entirety of the finale was absolute shit, it's really noticeable upon rewatch

The ultimate cut is a pretty great film up until then tho
>>
>>80390782

Civil war was forgettable and bland while BvsS left an impression because of how bad it was. It's kind of like Indiana Jones 4, you remember it but for all the wrong reasons.

I can't wait till this super hero movies trend is over... i want Disney resources put to a better use.
>>
>>80391598
I wouldn't even call it "good", just a regular average movie, some fans liked it, some didn't (Or at least not that much).

Meanwhile BvS is about DC fans trying to defend it, and (possible) Marvel fans trying to bash it. Sometimes I really wonder if the BvS critics are not DC fans themselves trying to play the victim card. I didn't like BvS but it was alright and I wouldn't criticize the movie over and over for no reason.
>>
>>80396775
>It's kind of like Indiana Jones 4, you remember it but for all the wrong reasons.

I don't remember it. It's so forgetabble that I get weird feelings that it probably wasn't a bad sequel.
>>
File: Snyder Nails It.webm (2MB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Nails It.webm
2MB, 1916x796px
>>80392993
As opposed to BvS, which tried to deliver an epic fight between two hilariously mismatched iconic superheroes, crack a billion dollars to compete with Marvel, introduce the trinity, set up the Justice League, blow it's Doomsday load and cap it all off with the death of Superman which they reverse before the credits - all of which it failed spectacularly at.

Civil War at least posed a genuine ethical dilemma with no right answer, with the protagonists on either side of the argument having spent several films developing toward their chosen stances. Yeah you can say it's inconsequential, but that's a case of the pot calling the kettle black as far as BvS goes. What other criticism are there? Some webms showing quick cuts? Cull the autists from the discussion and most people thought the airport sequence was among the greatest superhero fight scenes ever made. The premise on both sides is relatively silly, so why not just have some fun with it? Because sixth grade Christian allegory is so much more entertaining? Behave.
>>
>>80395316
The ethical dilemma in Civil War was far more intelligent. Bruce's one percent chance rationale was borderline special needs.
>>
>>80395916
I liked it. So did a ton of other people. Not everything is about you, ya know.
>>
>>80390782
It's a shit movie but the simple fact that it actually tried to be about something gives more material to discuss.
>>
>>80397003
>>80396915
You're reaching as FUCK in trying to add intellectual merit to the lazy, unambitious toy commercial that was Civil War

>ethical dilemma
That entire thing was retarded because the damage wrought in each of the film's events blatantly saved more lives than they threatened, and the fingers cast were the same ones that decided to send in a nuke before even trying to deploy the national fucking guard or ANY kind of resistance (all from the most powerful nation in the world)

The comics weren't so retarded-- you had a few mutants bomb a fucking elementary school, killing a few hundred kids. But this shit was just a sad attempt to forge ahead in the continuity of MCU merchandising, so fucking accept it. Disney wanted and WON your money.

BvS CLEARLY was attempting to follow in the footsteps of Nolan in breaking past Capeshit into grand play territory. Its moral dilemmas lasted far longer than the first 15 mins of the film, and weren't as retarded as some convenient "B-Bucky killed my parents" magical fucking video tape. It missed it's fucking mark but you're damn retarded if you're claiming CW is the smarter film.
>>
>>80396836

You do remember the aliens though... be honest here. I can't unsee that...
>>
>>80390782
>how come the morning traffic ran smoothly isnt talked about but the morning there was a horrific car crash is?
>>
>>80397325
Yeah I do. I also remember the fridge scene. Stupid scene, but nothing that triggered me. You didn't like the aliens?
>>
File: sadfleck.jpg (4MB, 2400x3070px) Image search: [Google]
sadfleck.jpg
4MB, 2400x3070px
>>80390782
>How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?

You know what I've noticed? Nobody remembers when things go "according to plan."
>>
File: 1113_stan_turnaround.jpg (78KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
1113_stan_turnaround.jpg
78KB, 792x612px
>>80390782
>why is the bad movie that made batman a murderer still talked about?
>>
>>80397003

The what? it was the same ethical dilemma man... except it was poorly addressed on both movies.
Not only Captain America's point was weak as fuck in the movie but the movie itself doesn't even depict the society contradictions.

Movie could have been far more interesting and memorable had marvel grown a pair and did what they had to do, namely make Iron man learn about his parents at the beginning of the movie and use the whole political bullshit just to hunt Bucky down.

That would have directly contrasted with Captain America's motives and pushed them to a fight to the death.
Iron man should have then killed the Captain and Bucky should have taken his place.

Then we would have a movie...
But no, they dispensed of the social conflict on other marvel movies so it's essentially absent from this one and took no risk whatsoever.

BvsS at least killed Superman... sure, he is back or whatever but they offed him and Snyder did include the social ramifications of the pro superman and anti superman sides.
Still he did the same conflict better on Watchmen so...
>>
File: C6Uc2OZUwAEuTMX.jpg (46KB, 938x706px) Image search: [Google]
C6Uc2OZUwAEuTMX.jpg
46KB, 938x706px
>>80390782

It's more fun to talk about bad movies
>>
>>80397523

Batman kills in almost every movie, though.
>>
>>80397314
It's not about lives saved, it's about whether a group of vigilantes should be given carte blanche to operate wherever and whenever they like. Do you seriously believe the world would accept that? Right after Scarlet Witch accidentally blew up half a building full of people in a foreign county? There is no right answer here. Both sides have valid views that previous films developed them toward having.

Batman V Superman is the inverse of this. Both protagonists have moronic views that neither of them were shown to have grown into, and both could have been refuted by a teenager with more than two brain cells to rub together. It's lazy writing just like everything else about BvS bar the imagery, which Snuder clearly put a lot of thought into. What was if the screenwriter said? Ah yes:

>"Batman versus Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you've exhausted all possibilities,"

Comments that should be a surprise to no one who has seen the film.
>>
>>80397790
>The what? it was the same ethical dilemma man

No it wasn't. Batman and Superman are both vigilantes, yet Superman wants to end Batman... because he's a vigilante, while Batman wants to end Superman because of his one percent retarded logic. Neither rationale is ever refuted at any point during the movie despite how ridiculous they both are, and they only decide to forget about it because MARTHA.
>>
>>80398621

I totally agree. But BvsS being pants doesn't make Civil War good. Both movies are terrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 360x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 360x460px
>the only memorable part of civil war
>>
Civil War: one of the better Marvel movies (doesn't mean much at all) but it's still a cookie cutter industry money printer. Just a by the numbers movie, boring to talk about.

BvS: absolute dumpster fire. It's like /tv/'s version of a trashy eality show, you just can't look away.
>>
File: now thats a spicy draper.jpg (4MB, 4800x6046px) Image search: [Google]
now thats a spicy draper.jpg
4MB, 4800x6046px
>>80398934
general concurrence
>>
>>80390782
Because retards like you keep spamming the board in some vague attempt to make everyone love it and retards like me keep replying to blatant bait threads because I have nothing else to do at 1am in the morning.

If BvS didn't inspire so much bait, it'd fade into the aether just like every other shit movie with a budget but no direction.
>>
>>80396002
I always laugh whenever I see shills spouting this nonsense because BvS won like 89 razzies and Suicide Squad won an Oscar.
>>
redditors circle jerking over mundane screen caps and applying their intro to philosophy knowledge to a tedious and drab film

"discussion"
>>
File: ec.gif (998KB, 245x370px) Image search: [Google]
ec.gif
998KB, 245x370px
>>80399067
So that's at least $3560 your autism circlejerk spent to say BvS was the worst movie of the year. That's funnier than Iron Man yelling UNDEROOS.
>>
BvS was more memorable than Civil War.

That doesn't mean it was a better movie. It's just more memorable.
>>
>>80399067
Lmao when the fuck has a razzie ever meant anything?

Who the fuck gives a shit?
>>
>>80399206
people generally can recall traumatic episodes better than insignificant ones
>>
>>80399172
You do know that razzies are given to shit movies right?
>>
>>80399226
By that merit, when the fuck has an Oscar for best makeup ever meant anything?
>>
>>80399226
People took Razzies seriously for a while. Probably around the time Halle Berry showed up in person to accept one.

But they're a total joke now. They're basically clickbait, how memeworthy something is decides what gets them, hence BvS
>>
>>80399274
Means a lot to the people that win it.
>>
>>80399274
Means more than no Oscar
>>
>>80390782
>How come BVS is still discussed
Because you spam threads about it every day.
>and relevant
It's like a documentary on how not to make a movie.
>>
>>80399379
So it means a helluva lot...to the people who are specifically in makeup, gotcha.
>>80399401
I'm just saying though, what other movie in recent memory boasted so hard about winning an Oscar for something like best makeup? Like people boast about getting shit like "best director" or "best leading role" or "best supporting cast" or "best musical score" but not something like "best makeup."
>>
File: 1489441946930.jpg (2MB, 4002x7365px)
1489441946930.jpg
2MB, 4002x7365px
isaac perlmutter doesn't want to pay to pay to shill on /tv/ unlike kevin tsujihara who is willing to blow and entire quarters budget paying spics to haha
>>
>>80399476
My favorite is when people boast about no oscar
>>
>>80390782
I think its because in the end, BvS actually TRIED to do something, even if it was reeeeaaaally bad. Civil War was just... Marvel. Not very imaginative, entirely predictable, no real stakes or anything, just more Marvel.

Also BvS is part of the Big Guy Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>80390782
>I-it's still being discussed! Time to make another thread! I'm not crazy!!
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/z7lofyI7NntdsCGZq6zwtA/
Why are all Zack Snyder fans damaged goods?
>>
>>80399538
Trying don't mean nothin' if you don't succeed though. Like nobody's going to give you a pat on the back for "trying" to get a job or "trying" to clean up your room or "trying" to get to work on time.

People work off of results, which is why BvS got nothing but razzies while Suicide Squad got an Oscar for best makeup. I don't have high hopes for WW and I'm almost certain that JL is going to be a shitty Avengers ripoff that thinks quips=the big bucks.
>>
>>80390782
Because 4chan is a shit hole of whining, griping, and overt contrarianism for teenage boys that can't deal with the real world in any sort of functional way. All you fuckers wanna do these days is wallow in shit.
>>
I'm convinced some of you autistics are just spamming the same posts over and over ITT with minor tweaking to the wording each time. There's no way a normal person would read this thread and think "oh, you know that post that was already made word for word 10 times, well let me post it too just 'cause!" Please just kill yourselves and stop lowering the tone.
>>
Eh we've had plenty of CW discussion, because people actually discuss the movie in those threads. BVS is for memery only, which makes it favorable to this board.
>>
>>80399609
I'm not saying they should have their dicks sucked for trying, but I think the fact that it was even a little different (and also fucking terrible) makes it better remembered than Civil War.

I also think WW is gonna suck, I can't even fathom ironic hype, and ALL of my hopes for Justice League were killed with BvS like instantly.
>>
>>80395316
>BvS was an actual movie
No, it wasn't. A movie generally has characters you can relate to, and a narrative that makes sense.
>>
>>80395316
If you mean ponder over how fucking terrible it was and how one man can fuck up so royally bad with two of the most beloved American icons of all time, sure.
>>
>>80400199

BvS has both.
>>
>>80400273
yes, my mother is also named Martha.
>>
>>80400273
They can't have Cavill display any kind of personality because he's not an actor. Superman has a well defined personality and character, which is completely missing from these movies. You can't have a lead who can't recite more than a couple of lines and barely interact with other characters and call it a movie. The narrative had more plotholes than the Prometheus extended cut.
This movie is trash, and discussing its merits is a waste of time.
>>
>>80400315

You're really fucking dumb, you know that?
>>
>>80400336

Cavill just play a more subdued Superman and just because that interpretation isn't the same as the charming spokeperson from the old movies and cartoons doesn't mean it's bad.

Also, try to point a plot-hole. I dare you.
>>
>>80400173
>I'm not saying they should have their dicks sucked for trying, but I think the fact that it was even a little different (and also fucking terrible) makes it better remembered than Civil War.
Just because a handful of faggots spam the catalog with BvS shit doesn't actually mean that the movie is remembered. Maybe people will cite scenes like "MARTHA" as a cautionary tale for budding directors but it's not because of anything that would actually be worth being remembered over.

It's the same reason why that one guy will always be remembered for crapping his pants that one time during an assembly. It doesn't matter that he's a straight A student, is involved in several charity organizations, or that he's a genuinely nice guy, all people will remember him for is crapping his pants that one time during an assembly and nothing he can do will ever erase that memory from the general populace.
>>
>>80400343
Not nearly as dumb as that scene.
>>
>>80395916
Just be cool man, accept that people can like things you don't.
>>
>>80400343
You like really fucking dumb movies, you know that?
>>
>>80400415
I didn't say well remembered, just remembered. I can tell you personally that I definitely remember BvS better than Civil War, just because it was probably one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen in a movie theatre. Mind you my expectations were not high, and I'm not even a movie snob.
>>
Because Snyderfags poop their pants and always takes the bait when a new thread pops up calling out their piece of shit movie for what it was.
>>
>>80400483
Is it really worth being remembered though if all people remember is disappointment?
>>
>>80400388
>He's not a plank of an actor, h-he's just subdued!
It's like when they cast a wrestler or sports star in a movie. They just have them posture and look menacing so they only have to open their mouths as little as possible.
And, after the 1000th thread, It's pointless. You're just going to start another one and pretend it never happened. What about Luthor blowing up congress, or that martha debacle or Luthor's motivation for any of this, or metropolis building superman a monument for almost leveling the city. We can go on and on about this flaming turd, you're going to weasel out and start another thread later pretending it never happened. Threads about this piece of shit are mostly spammed by retards with OCD.
>>
>>80400530

>What about Luthor blowing up congress, or that martha debacle or Luthor's motivation for any of this, or metropolis building superman a monument for almost leveling the city.

None of what you mentioned is a plot-hole and there are explanations for all of them.

You just proved how obtuse you really are.
>>
>>80400525
Worth it? Not really, but it isn't like I can choose the shit I remember well.
>>
>>80400567
>None of what you mentioned is a plot-hole and there are explanations for all of them.
Well, don't keep me waiting, sunshine. You probably need time to google it.
>y-you're obtuse
You're a retard who pretends to like shitty movies to fit in.
>>
File: 1484368110732.png (10KB, 160x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484368110732.png
10KB, 160x192px
>>80390782
Anything good will never be discussed on 4chan. how fucking long have you been here to not get this?

>/a/ doesn't make threads about good anime and instead it's daily waifu war faggotry
>/v/ doesn't make threads about any game that is universally liked and instead like to shitpost games with flaws
>/tv/ doesn't talk about good movies and instead likes to discuss failed superhero movies

we like to shitpost and bad movies are prime cesspools. nothing to discuss in a good movie? nothing
>>
>>80394909
Your talking about it now...
>>
>>80396002
The only things that has been discussed about BvS are things you guys came up with yourselves and like to think of yourself as smart for coming up with them.

Stories aren't about philosophy so having philosophy in a story doesn't deepen it, it drags it down. The funny thing is BvS doesn't even have any philosophy to speak so you are all wrong twice
>>
Civil War does not present one side as right, which is the opposite of the partisan output of the comic's division.

Civil War had some very impressive handling of multiple character arcs, and managed to be thoughtful and make you care about the characters.

The problem with the film is Spiderman; he ruins the tone of the film, turning it into a light comedy.

The airport fight would have benefited from a more serious tone, given this is supposed to be about a family tearing itself apart.
>>
>>80401628
Dunno. I kind of liked how the airport fight was all fun and games until Rhodes broke his back.
>>
File: shills3.png (539KB, 1914x912px) Image search: [Google]
shills3.png
539KB, 1914x912px
>>80390782
>How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?- 114 posts and 13 image replies shown.
Real talk, because mods won't do anything about Disney shilling. This is just from this thread, but I've been gathering evidence for like a week or so, so ask away if you're interested.
>>
>>80401628
>The problem with the film is Spiderman; he ruins the tone of the film, turning it into a light comedy.
Spiderman was the best part of the movie though. It was great seeing him again after Sony nearly trashed his reputation and seeing Spiderman will return was enough to make people cheer in celebration.
>>
>>80401738
>Anyone who disagrees with me is a shill
It goes both ways faggot.
>>
>>80401628

Cap side is right, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>80397314
What moral dilemas? "Breaking buildings is bad, it's a good thing everybody left work so we can continue to smash these buildings"

Or

"Oopse, I thought superman was the bad and batman is for the bad, but when you actually meet the guy he not so bad, my entire character developement is just a big misunderstanding"
>>
>>80401738
Okay, let's see your evidence of money transactions. Because I want in on it.
>>
>>80390782
One of these is shit that's why
>>
File: shills4.png (675KB, 2044x929px) Image search: [Google]
shills4.png
675KB, 2044x929px
>>80401738
And how could we forget about that shill obsessed with two spic DC fans on twitter? "JAJA EL KINO" am I right?
>>
File: 1482350873647.gif (2MB, 220x160px) Image search: [Google]
1482350873647.gif
2MB, 220x160px
>waaaah muh batman kills people

I fucking hate this, Nolan's batman commits manslaughter no one bats a fucking eye

Snyder actually makes him an old rage fueled man kill and then stop and people lose their shit
>>
>>80391598

Took the words right out of my mouth.
>>
>>80390782
>How come BVS is still discussed and relevant and civil war was forgotten within a week?

> proceeds to talk about both BvS AND CW

More like how come you guys keep talking about two uneventful movies that came out last year.

PS it's DC fans that keep bringing these two up because their movie clearly failed as the topic is always why BvS is better than CW. A winner would never keep bringing up shit they weren't salty about
>>
>>80401773
Cap in the movie is a dick who only wants to save his buttbuddy, no matter the damage to his team or other people.
>>
File: FBYmN.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
FBYmN.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>>80401738
>Disney shilling is why nobody talks about the Disney movie, but still constantly talks about the DC one
>>
>>80401895

The movie does everything to make you side with him. Hell, his name is on the title.

Dont kid yourself thinking otherwise.
>>
>>80399538
Yea BvS tried to be as good as Marvel by trying to be as good as Nolan and failed both. But it's a good movie because some of the shots remind you of Jesus and any movie that does that must be deep
>>
>>80401939
By making Stark the more sympathetic of the two?
>>
>>80401738
>>80401803
Sorry friends, I thought I have the rest of the folder here but I don't. You'll have to do with the evidence from this thread. Still 4 pages of archive worth of spamming the same shit that makes no sense is as damning as it gets. Btw care to explain how those spics connect or are related to /tv/ anyways? Come on shill, I know you're here, you wasted hours

Non-shill consensus about BvS was reached a long time ago. It's a deeply flawed movie that died because how ambitious it was. Even people from the movie admitted it was overstuffed and that's right. It still has a lot of great stuff there too and that's why it's divisive. No one would rate it over 7/10 and no one should rate it under 5/10, audience scores are always within this margin. The reason it's talked about it's because it's fun to talk about, ambitious and divisive movies are always like that.
>>
>>80402000
>you wasted hours on this*
>>
>>80401939
His name may be on the title, but RDJ takes up as much screen time, if not more, is more developed in the movie, and was paid at least double of what Chris got, despite it supposedly being a Cap movie.
>>
>>80402000
>The reason it's talked about it's because it's fun to talk about, ambitious and divisive movies are always like that.

Stop pretending the only reason it's talked about isn't because people were disappointed and it was laughably bad considering its hype and A-list characters.
>>
>>80401993
>>80402045

That's all RDJ magic, but the script was made for Cap to be the right one about everything. The only thing he did wrong was hide the hunch about Bucky killing the Starks and even then he had a good enough reason for it.
>>
>>80402109
>>80402045
RDJ is just a better actor. Not that Evans is bad, but RDJ sells his characters emotions better. Keeps shooting the audience those sad puppy eyes. Makes it easier to sympathize with him.
>>
>>80402045
The scene between Tony Stark and Peter Parker is far, far longer than any of Cap's scenes with any of the other characters,
>>
>>80402174
Hell the movie opens with a young Tony Stark scene. He's arguably the main character,
>>
>>80402099
That's Suicide Squad, the BvS threads I saw are not like that at all. People actually discuss the movie instead of being angry at how bad it was.
>>
>>80402200
I've seen very few positive BVS threads that weren't ironic Snyder shilling or memery. Of course some people must have liked it and aren't completely deluded as to not realize why others wouldn't/that it was flawed, but it's mainly shat on.
>>
>>80401895
In his letter to Tony, Cap pretty much admits this.

> The Avengers are your family, Tony
> I've never fit in, all I had was Bucky
> I hid the truth from you to protect myself

But, on the other hand, he also vows not to let his team-mates down.

The point is Cap is shown to actually be flawed, making him more interesting as a character.
>>
>>80402270
Maybe they were different threads, but there was one a few hours ago that wasn't like that at all. I'd say there were just as many people defending the movie as shitting on it and the ones defending it argued better

This movie reminds me of L O S T, especially the threads in the last seasons. Everybody knew there was a lot wrong in that show by that time but it was still top comfy to talk about theories and interpretations. /tv/ has has been shit ever since
>>
File: 132376652014.jpg (81KB, 398x326px) Image search: [Google]
132376652014.jpg
81KB, 398x326px
>>80402287
>The Avengers are your family, Tony
> I've never fit in, all I had was Bucky

>He writes this while stealing half of the Avengers away and freezing Bucky down.
>>
>>80396120
>Alexander
>mad

Fuck off, barbarian.
>>
>>80402410
Final season and a half of LOST had the benefit of being preceded by some very well received seasons and a show EVERYONE at the time was watching and raving about. People stayed for the characters they'd come to know and love throughout the years. You won't find many fans of the show ready to defend the final season.

>>
>>80402287

The letter was just there to reinforce in the viewers eyes that Cap is a cool lonewolf that never fit in and you guys should probably follow his next adventure. Also that both Avengers team will totally patch things up in case of, say, a big purple alien decided to invade Earth.

There is nothing flawed about Cap. Cap was right the entire movie. That's why Tony had more scenes, because he's going to act like an asshole throughout the movie but at the same time he can't be hated by the viewers, so that's why there all these scenes that try to explain why he would behave like an asshole and make you feel for his sad puppy eyes.
>>
How did Batman not already know Clark's mother's name?

How did he not already know everything about him?
>>
>>80402607
Dude he's the goddamn Batman not some kind of detective.
>>
>>80402578
If the government in MCU wasn't shown to be so incompetent and run by crooks, Cap would have been wrong on all accounts. But Tony is pants on head retarded for working with Ross.
>>
>>80402607
He didn't know Superman was Clark Kent
>>
>>80402643
Why not?
>>
>>80402633

Just the fact that they placed Ross to be the new headhoncho show you how much the movie wanted to paint Cap as the right one.

I mean, General Ross has always been shown as a villain.
>>
>>80402607
Better question, how did Batman not realize that Superman must have a mother? And how does Superman having a mother and being a 'man' like Batman make him less dangerous? It was just proved his humanity makes it possible to manipulate and blackmail him. If anything, it makes Superman MORE dangerous.
>>
>>80402675
Because he's a crazy guy who shoots people, not a smart guy who solves crimes.
>>
>>80402675

Because he never cared about learning who Superman is. He thought he had it all figured out already.
>>
>>80402643
But Lex knew. If knew can find out both who Batman and Superman is, how cant the world's greatest detective find out who Superman is?
>>
>>80402704
He had to take one percent chance as an absolute certainty.

It makes zero sense that he wouldn't learn everything about him.
>>
>>80402675
Because he just wanted to kill him, he already knew how to make him come to him and had the weapon to do the job, why would he waste time finding out about secret identities? For all he knew he didn't have one and was Superman 24/7
>>
>>80402726
Hey if a 1% chance is an absolute certainty then knowing 1% about something means he knows absolutely everything about it.
>>
>>80402691
He knew he had a mother. His diatribe shortly before then was about how Supe's parents must have told him he was special, etc.

It was specifically MARTHA that made Bats blink, not that Clark had a mother.
>>
>>80402691

Batman knew Superman had parents. He shit-talked Superman about it. The "Martha" scene isn't about Superman having a mother.

It wasn't about Superman having a mother and being a man, but Superman reminded Batman of his father, Thomas Wayne, a man he worships and tries to be like. That and Superman sacrificing his ass to save people's ass despite it all.

Superman's fucking dead as long Batman's aware. Batman now is just worshiping Superman the same way he worship his father.
>>
>>80402748
>>80402704
Basically this. Batman isn't very smart in this movie.
>>
>people didn't get BvS
hahah oh wow I thought it was a meme
>>
>>80402735
Because that is very relevant.

When you're trying to take down an invincible guy, going after people he loves makes a lot of sense.

His heart, Osborn. First we attack his heart.
>>
>>80402456
It was Bucky's decision to have himself frozen.

Stealing half the Avengers away from a prison. The stealing away thing is valid earlier in the movie.
>>
>>80402773
But Superman's sacrifice happens after Batman spares him.
>>
>>80402735
>why would he waste time finding out about secret identities? For all he knew he didn't have one and was Superman 24/7
Because he's the fucking Batman, of course he would take the time to find out everything bout his powerful enemy.
>>
>>80402842
>because I say so
Not an argument
>>
>>80402849
>I have a low attention span
>>
>>80402849
Same argument as yours, except it makes Batman less retarded.
>>
>>80402812
But why. He was busy trying to get the only thing in the world capable of destroying Superman. Lex had a reason to investigate their secret identities, he uses them to manipulate Bat and Sup. Bat had no reason at all, he didn't have a reason to believe he had a secret identity. You're just grasping at straws
>>
>>80402726

That was just his bullshit excuse to murder the fuck out of Superman.

Here's the thing, Batman throughout the movie is pretty much transferring all his guilt and failings unto Superman. He's externalizing his bullshit because it's easier that way. He can stop being a depressed sack of shit and fucking rage at something.

So since Batman failed to change Gotham, failed to save Robin from the Joker or his employees during the invasion, failed to just generally be a good hero and lost hope on himself as a person and the "mission" - aka the very concept on heroism, he thinks that the same will happen with Superman. Superman's just like him in his mind: a guy failing to change the world or help people and that one day will wake up and realize the futility of it all.

So in Batman's mind Superman'll lose his shit eventually just like he did, but while he's a mere man that only made Gotham get worse, Superman's a powerful alien capable of destroying the world on a tantrum. So that's his excuse for wanting to kill Superman. In his mind he's not doing it just because he wants something to feel angry at, no, he's doing to save the world, you see? He's doing important shit that will finally give his life some meaning, that will leave a worthwhile legacy. He's not a terrible hero at all. Fuck what Alfred says.

So that's why he doesn't care to find out at what restaurant Superman eats, because in his mind he knows Superman better than anyone. Superman is or will be just as shitty as him. That's all that matters. The only thing he needs really is enough reason for actually doing it, because during the start of the movie Batman still isn't so sure about this. He 50/50 about murdering Superman's ass. That's where Lex's schemes and the media come in. They give Batman all the reasons he needs to actually pull this off.
>>
>>80402924
He was fighting crime during that time as well, he clearly wasn't too busy.

He definitely had a reason to investigate him, he sees him as a dangerous individual.

You are the one grasping at straws, saying he wouldn't bother investigating the most important individual in the world because he was busy getting kryptonite for a year and a half.
>>
>>80402830

Batman didn't spared Superman at that moment because he liked Superman or anything like that. He spared Superman because that moment gave him something he yearned his entire life: save his "mother", which is something he and his father, the guy he worships, failed to do. Yes, Martha Kent isn't his actual mother, but at that moment he wanted anything that could make he feel any kind of redemption. His business with Superman could come later, but of course that later never came because Doomsday killed Superman and by then Superman seemed a nice enough dude.
>>
BvS promised a fight between batman and superman and delivered

CW promised a civil war, and what did we get?
>>
>>80402998
So he's just dumb/crazy? Great.
>>
>>80403038

The thing is you're expecting Batman to behave logically in the movie, but the movie was trying to show Batman as an emotional wreck that was letting his emotions drive his actions. He wasn't thinking straight. Alfred was and was trying to stop him.
>>
>>80403119

No, he's just in a really weird phase in his life at that moment. There's nothing really "crazy" about his behavior, his actions made sense where he stood. He just... fucked up. He was fucked up.
>>
>>80403136
>>80403165
So that's what it comes down to?

Handwaving?
>>
BvS is easier to understand once you realize that Superman, Batman and Lex Luthor are basically trying to be their fathers, even if they don't realize. And maybe fuck their moms. There's a bit of that.
>>
>>80403065
We got a family tearing itself apart, which was alot more interesting than the comic Civil War.
>>
>>80403178
That's what BvS as a whole comes down to. If you argue with the people who defend it for long enough, they will eventually tell you that 'X wasn't thinking logically' or 'in Y's mind, that's how things were'.
Either that or they will reveal that they have been trolling the whole time.
>>
>>80403038
>he sees him as a dangerous all powerful alien
ftfy. The crime he fights is all related to the kryptonite, that's what he was investigating all along. Superman is a monster to him, that's why he stops when he hears him call for his human mother. He had no more reason to investigate about Sup's secret identity than he had for Doomsday.
>>
>>80403178

What handwaving? That's Batman arc. He's externalizing his shit, blaming Superman for shit Superman isn't really responsible for or hasn't done yet, and just being a general ass to everyone.
>>
>>80403065
So it's coming down to whether the title was literal or not now?
>>
>>80403209

There was no tearing apart. They're pretty much chill by the end of the movie. Hell, the airport fight had both sides fighting each other with kid's gloves precisely because they care for each other very much.

It was more of a family spat. They'll still get together at Thanksgiving Day.
>>
>>80403218

Are you guys seriously going to ignore all the shit Batman went throw? Seriously?
>>
>>80403219
That also makes no sense.

Batman knows he has parents that would consider him 'special', which seems to imply that he knows he has human parents.
>>
>>80403260
Steve was beating the shit out of Tony by the end, and Tony would have killed Bucky if they had been alone.

But yeah, it was all sort of retconned by the letter.
>>
>>80403289

>which seems to imply that he knows he has human parents.

No, it seems to imply that's where his savior complex must come from. Batman's mocking Superman's desire to help people.
>>
>>80403221
>>80403283
You're trying to justify Batman not investigating his greatest adversary by saying that he wasn't right emotionally.

That is a cop-out and you must surely see that you're defending something that is in the movie for plot convenience,
>>
File: How to ruin a universe.png (440KB, 499x565px) Image search: [Google]
How to ruin a universe.png
440KB, 499x565px
>>80390782
People remember the titanic too, a colossal failure, over countless other successful cruises.

People talk about the Snyder Verse because it's like watching a slow motion trainwreck. How does he fuck up Superman so badly. How is that possible, why is the studio still having him film a justice league film.

Snyder's Batman kills people, like how the fuck do you fuck up that badly. I don't understand.
>>
>>80403341

I gave you all the reasons why Batman felt he had no reason to investigate Superman as a person further. You're ignoring all of that to make a dumb point about a movie you dislike.
>>
>>80403344
BvS was shit and Batman acts like a retard in it, but Burton Batman killed too. And Nolan Batman 'choosing not so save' Ra's was just as bad as well.
>>
>>80403344

>Snyder's Batman kills people, like how the fuck do you fuck up that badly. I don't understand.

Ask that to Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan.
>>
>>80403326

It was.
>>
Let's all agree.

Suicide Squad was worse
>>
>>80403379
They whittle down to Batman is mentally unstable.

If you blame a stranger for your failings, you aren't right in the head.

Batman wasn't right in the head, so he needn't act logically.
>>
>>80390782
You're discussing this as if 4chan is the only website on the face of the earth.

There's more counter-culter and contrarian opinions from people with negative opinions about things that "make waves" on the boards regardless of the category.

Since memes are memetic by nature, it's only natural that people think to repeat things they think are funny that they see for the first time.... and on a site that requires no login and people can freely come and go with no problem just to browse the constant stream of topics according to their interests?

There's a reason why Tommy Wiseau and the Room are memes and longlasting jokes as memes and it's not because it was masterpiece of filmmaking.

It's nothing to do with whatever you're attempting to suggest with the image, no matter how farcical your bait may be. It has everything to do with the nature of the board itself and the specific brand of environments it allows within.

Sadly, this is the exact type of environment that routinely allows individuals such as Anita Sarkeesian to learn how to circlejerk and mine opinions for profit at the expense of well-meaning people. It's very specific reason there's so much culture controversy, because this environment teaches morons how to profit off of being retarded in public without facing consequences for maligning an entire demographic.

Now that the new 'fad' that is sticking to devalue a point is to use buzzwords such as 'rapist', 'pedo', 'autism' or otherwise over-relying on insisting opposing opinions are 'outsiders' such as reddit( or whtever other flavor is up for bashing) as some sort of deflection tactic or flat-out baiting for opinions because you yourself have none, you can pretty much call the site itself a huge cultural cesspool of blind and unfiltered circlejerking.
>>
>>80403428

>If you blame a stranger for your failings, you aren't right in the head.

99% of the world population is fucked then.

That's just something most people do because they don't want to face their own worthlessness.
>>
>>80403428

Batman acted in a logical manner according to his mind-frame.
>>
>>80403452
I should have been more specific.

If you blame a stranger for your failings to the extent that Batman does and spend comparable time and money and effort, you aren't right in the head.
>>
>>80403417
The Academy Award winning Suicide Squad*
>>
>>80403536
Stop reminding me
>>
>>80403498

Let's remind ourselves that Batman is a rich guy that wasted a huge amount of his life and money to dress up as a bat and punch poor people all because some robber killed his parents when he was a little child.
>>
>>80403561
Let's remind ourselves that Batman is prep time: the character.

Yet he didn't find time to prepare contingencies around Superman's personal life.
>>
>>80403596

But he prepared himself enough to be able to subdue Superman long enough to have a chance to kill him.

So there's that as well. He succeeded in what he set out to do.
>>
What was with that big stupid fight scene right in the middle of Civil War?

That was awful.
>>
>>80403736
It was 'fun'
>>
>>80403389
>>80403394
When Burton and Nolan did it, it was equally as stupid.

It's added to the fact that Batman doesn't use guns, Snyder goes, "LOL WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF BATMAN HAD A MACHINEGUN ON THE BATMOBILE". I know that happened in the comics too, specifically in the dark night returns book that all these dumb directors rip off of, but it was stupid in that comic book too. It shouldn't have happened, but at least in Frank Miller's book he made it rather clear that Batman is using rubber bullets. In Snyder's Batman he just guns down people.

Also, Batman completely changes his mind when someone yells his mothers name. Complete turn around over a name. It was fucking stupid.
>>
MURTHA
>>
How would you have done the Martha scene?
>>
>>80403596
Because personal life doesn't matter when you're fighting a living god. He could have none of that. Doomsday didn't.

>>80403922
So you're just going to ignore all arguments and go back to the initial "not muh" and "lol martha" shill arguments. Ok then, see you tomorrow. Good luck with GotG2, that poop joke looked like shit
>>
>>80403984
https://twitter.com/Chris_Stuckmann/status/721417846610198528/photo/1

That's how
>>
>>80404004
>So you're just going to ignore all arguments and go back to the initial "not muh" and "lol martha" shill arguments. Ok then, see you tomorrow. Good luck with GotG2, that poop joke looked like shit

Look who I'm responding to. There was no other argument. I just added how I thought the Martha scene is stupid as well.
>>
>>80403984
>Batman is about to stab Superman
>rams the spear into the ground next to his head
>does the Dark Knight Returns speech about how he didn't have to go easy on him
>gets up to leave
>Superman begs him to save his mom
>Batman agrees because he has now shown Superman who the alpha male is
>>
>>80404033

That's really gay. Will Batman jerk off later about how he dominated Superman?
>>
>>80404059
Yes, he'll think about Clark's vulnerable body while Selina pegs him.
>>
>>80404066

You ruined it. It's not so gay anymore with another chick pegging. Selina isn't even in the move af
>>
>>80403984
I've said it before but I'll say it again because Snyder may read this (we know Cavill does):
>don't do the Crime Alley murder scene at the beginning, start the movie with 9/11 Sup vs Zod fight
>second scene, a train derailing on a bridge, all seen from the POV of the passengers about to die. Just when the wagons are about to fall, something stops them but the passengers still can't see what it is. After saving everyone, a little girl looks in awe from inside the train how Superman overlooks everything is ok before he flies away, we see Sup only in the reflection of the window
>Batman is beating the shit out Sup, the same little girl is conveniently playing in the same place with her friends, watching the fight and rooting for their local hero Superman
>just when Bat is about to kill Sup, the girl can't take it anymore and jumps there, stands between Sup and Bat and calls him a monster
>flashback to the Crime Alley scene superimposed with the present fight, Sup=Bruce's parents, spear=gun, Batman=chill and little girl=little Bruce. Fuck subtlety, beat the audience over the head with the analogy. Fuck, had Batman say "what am I doing?" or some other cheesy "I fucked up and this is a capeshit movie so there are children watching this and I need them to get this" heavy exposition
>Sup: "Lex has my mother, her name is Martha, please help her", last flashback to Bruce's dad saying Martha before dying
>Lois shows up and everything is just the same
>bonus point: the little girl is injured in the Doomsday fight and Batman saves her, thus completing his redemption. Now the little girl (which is the audience in case you're slow) sees Batman as a hero too

BAM best capeshit movie since TDK changing less than 10% of the runtime. You're welcome Zack
>>
>>80404286
That's awful.

All you're meant to do is have Louis put herself in front of Clark during that scene and have the flashback of Bruce's mother shielding him to draw the parallel.

Get it?
Because Bruce saw him as some sort of alien, but he has people that love him too.
>>
>>80404362
>All you're meant to do is have Louis put herself in front of Clark during that scene and have the flashback of Bruce's mother shielding him to draw the parallel.
Not obvious enough
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.