[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sound the charge, we'll take them head on Lol what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Wr_8bf.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Wr_8bf.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>Sound the charge, we'll take them head on

Lol what
Was Theoden autistic or just a bad military tactician? He basically orded a mass suicide of his troops
>>
no they were just retarded books and movies
>>
>>80381491
Well, it's that or mumakil bull-dozed into the walls of Minas Tirith. At least if you survive breaking through their lines you can try to hamstring them.
>>
>>80381491
Well it worked.
>>
>>80381569

?
>>
>>80381580
They murdered pretty much all the mumakil, aside from the one Legolas solo'd and the one the ghosts killed.
>>
TOOT TOOOT
TOOT TOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
>sound the retreat, let's just run away and not have a fucking bad ass battle

I'm glad you don't make movies
>>
"Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered, a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!"
>>
>>80381829
I heard that Theoden drawing his sword and running it along the spears while he rode across the line was ad-libbed by the actor.

Based af tbqh.
>>
>>80381693
Or militar tactics
Or being in charge of manhood in general
>>
>>80381491
a) He had never seen anything like mumakil before in his life.
b) what this guy said >>80381563
>>
File: 1487001856480.jpg (85KB, 651x641px) Image search: [Google]
1487001856480.jpg
85KB, 651x641px
>>80381829
Only kino moment that ever made me cry.
>>
>>80381491
its the most basic strategy you can do against elephants is ride in between them.
problem comes when you realize oliphaunts are like 5 times the size of a real elephant
>>
>>80382740
I'm always crying upon rewatching this scene.
>>
>>80381491
He's never seen elephants before and all the norwegians know is to charge the enemy. No doubt they have done massed charge for centuries like the english or french and it has worked out amazing for them.
>>
>>80381829
>a red day
what did he mean by this
>>
>>80382951
bloody
>>
File: 5.jpg (12KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
12KB, 352x352px
These things ruined the fucking trilogy.

How would the orcs manage to feed one - let alone 20?

A horse is the size of a cherry compared to one of those. Even if the orcs fed them full-grown cattle, they'd need like 5-10 heads of cattle a day. That's 35000-74000 heads of cattle a year.

There's no way the orcs could get enough food to feed them.
>>
>>80382974
Fuck sake, those are the ones I cba with.
>>
>>80383200
>orcs
weren't those haradrim beasts?
>>
>>80383200
I don't think rhinos eat cows m8
>>
>>80383200
>How would the orcs manage to feed one - let alone 20?
I always thought that the films were lacking an in-depth explanation of Mordorian agrarian policies and a PowerPoint presentation detailing the ins-and-outs of Orcish supply chains/logistics. That hack Jackson didn't even once allude to Sauron's tax policy, either
>>
>>80383200
Oliphants are herbivorous, you dumb fucker.
>>
>>80383334
Nothing about crop rotation in The Shire either. How do they have such fertile soil after all that time? They expect me to watch this as well Hackson does it again lmao
>>
The Rohirrim were basically a death cult by that point in the books. So yes, it was essentially them in one last glorious charge because they thought it would be decided then and there or they would die. Keep in mind they were not expecting the ghosts to arrive. They were, to their knowledge, the last gasp of humanity.
>>
>>80381491

So you're a woman, basically.

Can this thread become a "scenes women will never understand" thread?
>>
>>80383200
Orcs didn't have oliphants. It was the crazy "totally not middle eastern" humans from the other side of Mordor who figured they would join the winning side. Finding food clearly wasn't a problem.
>>
>>80383427
Death cult is a little strong, lad. They all accepted they were going to die, but it's not like they were lusting for death.
>>
>>80381516
>no they were just retarded books
Why do people pretend they've read the books?

Theoden never deals with the oliphants in the books , he is killed by the Witch King before that. Afterwards the Rohirrim do not charge into them, in fact its specifically stated their horses refuse to get close to them. They are brought down by Gondor's bowmen.
>>
>>80383200
Not all mordor is a volcanic hellhole.
If I remember well, the south west part is fertile and it's full of slaves farming.
>>
>>80383878
*south east
>>
>>80381491
weren't they way smaller in the book?
>>
>>80381491
> Polish Calvary charging German Panzer divisions.gif
>>
>>80383587
it's a shame that Theoden didn't get a little more screen time being a badass, in the books he pretty much becomes Eorl the Young and destroys the orcs before his shitty horse kills him.
>>
It might not have been the best tactic, but what should they have done else? They can't just retreat, they went there expecting to lose.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.