[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just finished binge-watching the entire thing. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

I've just finished binge-watching the entire thing. How do I fill the void? Is there any other TV comedy like this one?
>>
Eastbound and Down is basically Sunny with one guy
>>
>>80374462
the office, curb your enthusiasm
>>
>>80374503
without the laughs
>>
>>80374518
>curb your enthusiasm
Is this the show with sad bald guy doing sad unfunny improv?
>>
>>80374462
Also, can some /tv/ expert explain to me how the fuck a show this long has so few truly bad episodes?
>>
>>80374523
yeah and more depressing
>>
you'd probably enjoy the lime and times of tim
>>
>>80374562
>curb
>unfunny
pick one, pleb
>>
>>80374630
A group close friends that are also terrible, terrible people will never not be funny.
>>
>>80375245
I've never seen funny improv anywhere except several times in original Whose Line
>>
Trailer Park Boys until season 6
>>
>>80374462

No. Just research all the episodes over and over again like everyone else.
>>
>>80377191

Rewatch the episodes*
>>
>>80377191
>>80377219
I kind of want to see the first episodes again because I remember them to be quite weak. (I really hate "racism is so bad, oh my god, he didn't just say that" american humor)

I wonder if now that I know the characters it will be less awful.
>>
>>80374562
First 2-3 seasons was too improv for me too but as the seasons went on it felt a lot more structured and I grew to really like the show a lot more.
>>
Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and It's Always Sunny are all 3 God-Tier comedy shows. Unfortunately everything else sort of pales in comparison. They all of their flaws but they all bring something different to the table and do it perfectly.
>>
>>80376078
This OP
the later seasons are definitely watchable, just not as good as before but hey
>>
>>80374523
if you're autistic, sure
>>
>>80374462
>I've just finished binge-watching the entire thing.

Me too a couple weeks ago, fun experience til it gets very spotty.

Other great comedy includes Larry Sanders Show, Inbetweeners, Eaastbound/Vice Principals, Nathan for You, Peep Show, Snuff Box, Baskets is amazing, the new series Crashing is really funny.
>>
>>80374462
do you know why the yellow? cause that's what 'Murica is about,yellow. All their food are yellow,cause are fried,then all their poop come out yellowed, therefore indicating the bad health
>>
dennis > charlie > frank > mac > dee

farewell dennis, you glorious bastard
>>
>>80379414
charlie > dennis > mac = frank > dee
>>
>>80374462

I always feel like Workaholics has a reasonably similar vibe to Always Sunny.
>>
Stupid overrated garbage. I've tried on 5 occasions to watch this garbage and hated it each time.
>>
>>80379414
>>80379661
On one hand I love Charlie, but on the other I know he's a meme character, scientifically designed for me to love him and that just makes me sad. Is this autism yet?
>>
>>80379801
Give it a sixth time.
I've had around 4 false starts with i, then one night I got through the first few episodes while drunk and eventually fell in love.

First episodes (and the first episode specifically) are just bad.
>>
>>80374503
People keep telling me this but I can't see the likeness at all. I dropped Eastbound and Down after the first season though. Does it get better?

>>80374562
I couldn't get into Curb at first as well but after giving it a proper chance it ended up becoming one of my favorite comedies. I sincerely recommend you to give it a try. It only gets better and better with each season. Not many series can boast of such a feat.
>>
>>80379661
this, but only if we're talking late, psycho-dennis
>>
>>80380388
>I dropped Eastbound and Down after the first season though. Does it get better?

No, S1 is the peak.
>>
While I don't agree with the comparison myself a lot of people recommend Workaholics as a substitute for It's always sunny.
>>
>>80377653
Arrested Development is definetly up there. The first three seasons anyway.

Also Black Books is the greatest sitcom of all time.
>>
>>80380505
OP here, good taste, already know these two by heart.
>>
I can't believe Charlie actually shagged the waitress after 15 years
That might be the longest running joke on the show
>>
>>80380675
And also they didn't give in to the santhimentalism, good endings and fuzzy feelings and made her a beach in the end. That has to be appreciated.
>>
>>80380751
Believe it or not, I did not mean to write 'beach'
>>
Metalocalpyse is actually pretty similar to always sunny now that I think about it.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.