[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone smarter than me please come talk about this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Can someone smarter than me please come talk about this movie? (or point me to a good discussion somewhere else)
I really liked the surface story, but I am unsure of some of the deeper meaning.
>>
>>80371011
yeah he was a singer and was sad
>>
Some people arejust stuck in their self destructive tendencies, whether it's conscious or not.

Oscar Isaac gets woman pregnant, twice. He tells his sister to put his sailors card out on the curb, rude to the old couple, he gives up royalties from a clearly soon-to-be-hit for some fast cash. The crème de la crème as it were of this is when he's walking forward in a small patch of ankle high snow, when it's dry all around him, he's just stuck in is ways and clearly takes the hardest possible path in life.

He has a chance to redeem himself, if only for a couple of minutes, on the highway. He instead, of course,keeps on driving down the same old self-destructive road he's always been on. The one that leaves you beaten up in an alley while someone better "makes it". In his own words "you're uncle's an asshole" (or whatever he tells his nephew i dont remember)

then there's tons of symbolism with the cat and depression other small shit, but i'm late for work and haven't watched it in years.

if you're looking for a real place to discuss movies head to reddit/r/truefilms, just google "true film inside llewyn davis" and i'm sure you'll get some discussions
>>
Llewyn is the cat
>>
>>80371011
He's an asshole and even if he was talented his entitled elitist attitude gets in the way of potential success.

Basically he's one of us.
>>
>>80371011

He has bone-deep feelings of inadequacy and insecurity stemming from his father never really accepting him. And it's his driving animus. He wants acceptance from the music that he plays for people.

But the feelings are so deep that he rejects any good thing that happens to him because he feels that he's not worthy.
>>
why does the story begin and end with llewyn getting beat up by that same guy? is there some implied cycle of his life, or is it just bullshit arty time travel?
>>
I remember posting a thread here after watching the movie for the first time too lol
>>
>>80371875
imagine being this dumb
stick to videogames fatty!
>>
File: IMG_1271.png (323KB, 538x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1271.png
323KB, 538x960px
>>80371875

>why does the story begin and end with llewyn getting beat up by that same guy?
>>
>>80371241
The film and Llewyn's life are also stuck in a loop
>>
File: IMG_0686.jpg (2MB, 2112x2816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0686.jpg
2MB, 2112x2816px
>>80372083
probably leaner than you, fatcuck
>>80372102
just explain it then
>>
>>80371875
>getting beat up
*record scratch*
Yup, that's me. No, not him... the other guy. Bet you're wondering how I got in this situation, aren't you?
*rewinds through movie*
>>
>>80371011
What surface story are you talking about?

It's the story of a cat and his epic journey trying to get back to home, the writers even admitted that the cat is the main plot of this movie.
>>
He's depressed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.