[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this movie? I honestly don't know if it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: v1.jpg (19KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
19KB, 206x305px
What the fuck is this movie? I honestly don't know if it's good or bad. There's awesome scenes with Penguin and Catwoman, and the stuff between Bruce and Selina is great, and some of the comedy stuff is good, and Penguin can be genuinely creepy at times..... but then you have Walken hamming it up with lines like "My blood? I already GHAVE! At the HOFFICE!", mindcontrolled penguins with rocket launchers, little people in penguin outfits pallbearing Penguin into the sewer water, Catwoman still being alive after being shot four times and electrocuted because she literally has 9 lives.....

Seriously, what the fuck is this movie? Is it horrible or is it amazing?
>>
>>80370407
You should just fucking kill yourself anon, you're a worthless sack of shit.
>>
How come there was no Penguin anywhere near the Nolan (the only good Batman) movies?
>>
>>80370407

The only good comic book movie desu
>>
>>80370407
have you even looked inside a comic book before, nigger?
>>
Batman Returns is awesome, but you have to understand that it's not even a capeshit movie, it's a fucking fairy tale - which is why there is tons of illogical shit like the blueprints of the Batmobile, cats biting Michelle and giving her life etc. etc.

So yeah, it's amazing.
>>
File: 1479455575516.jpg (423KB, 1860x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1479455575516.jpg
423KB, 1860x1400px
>>80370407
>not liking based walken
>not liking penguins with rocket launchers
>not tearing up at the pallbearing scene
>not expecting catwoman to have 9 lives
>>
>>80370407
That single shot where Bruce Wayne is just sitting in Wayne Manor brooding is the best shot, character development, and tone setting scene in any superhero movie yet to be made, and better than most scenes in alot of modern movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU
>>
>>80370407

>Perfectly balances the over the top, campy nature of the comics with darker visuals and more dramatic subject matter
>Batman isn't a neckbeard power fantasy, he's accurately portrayed as a disturbed individual who's ultimately just as damaged as his villains
>Handles a romantic storyline better than any superhero movie before or after has, along with most action movies in general
>Keaton, Pfeiffer, Devito, and Walken are all perfect
>Features some of Burton's best set design
>One of Elfman's best scores
>That ballroom scene
>Great Christmas/winter atmosphere
>Based Siouxsie & the Banshees
>>
>>80370787
>Features some of Burton's best set design

Well, one of the only weaknesses of the movie is the small scale of Gotham. It feels like there is only one fucking car and one or two blocks in the whole city.
>>
>>80370407
Walken is always great, the penguins with rocket launchers are the movie's biggest problem.
>>
The final confrontation between batman catwoman and walken is pure kino.

Tge dialogue and pacing was classic batman
>>
Best Batman movie ever, desu. Pure kino. Silly, gloomy, sinister, dark, campy. Fantastic atmosphere.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL3PgFBXioU

How can one scene be so kinoriffic?
>>
>>80370772

I always loved that in Burton's movies it felt like Bruce Wayne was Batman's costumed alter-ego instead of the other way around.
>>
>>80370787
It's a shame the genius of this movie wasn't appreciated at the time. Imagine if Burton got to make a Batman 3 with Keaton?
>>
Burton's Batman movies were amazing, I really wish they'd have kept going with this style.
>>
>>80370933

>You will never get to see Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face

;___;
>>
>>80370992
And then we'd have gotten more of Pfeiffer Catwoman too and their relationship could've been developed more.
>>
>>80370992
And Robin Williams as the Riddler.
>>
File: BatmanReturns433.jpg (25KB, 708x398px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanReturns433.jpg
25KB, 708x398px
>>80370407
Am I the onl one who felt bad for Oswald?
+Me as a kid wasn't prepared for his death and penguins sending him off.
>>
>>80370588
True. It's Batman's story in Edward Scissorhands world basically.
>>
I loved this exchange.

>The Penguin: You're just jealous, because I'm a genuine freak and you have to wear a mask!
>Batman: You might be right.

The Burton films understood the psychology of Batman better than the Nolan ones.
>>
>>80370509
>muh realism

If Nolan could get away with it, the trilogy would have just been Special-Forces Man beating up mafia thugs for three films
>>
>>80371238
In the third movie we had the masketta man...
>>
File: tired pepe.png (267KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
tired pepe.png
267KB, 420x420px
>>80370588
>It's a fairy tale
>>
>>80371189
>Am I the onl one who felt bad for a sympathetic character
Yes, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>80370613
this pic really made me think about this Superman project Orson Welles worked on for 10 years
>>
>>80371272
TDKR Bane is in name only
>>
>>80371351
>Batman & Robin gives us strong Bane who actually dresses up like the one in the comics and uses Venom but is a retard
>TDKR gives us smart Bane who breaks Batman's back but is a lackey to Talia and has no other Bane-like characteristics
Just combine them for the next try and voila.
>>
>>80370772
>Bruce doesn't know what to do with his life when he's out of costume
>He just sits in the dark waiting for the batsignal to go on.

Fucking amazing take on the character, I also loved how in Batman, he even seemed a stranger in his own home.
>>
>>80373317
Also why did he have all those cameras in his house?
>>
>>80371189
It was the god tier elfmann score playing with your fee fees anon
>>
File: plebdisdain.jpg (6KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
plebdisdain.jpg
6KB, 208x242px
>Not liking based as fuck Walken
>>
>>80373515
I'd post him dangling a fish but I don't have it.
>>
>>80373538
>iwasjustpretendingtoberetarded.jpg
>>
>>80373560
I'm not sure your reply really fits what I posted.
>>
Which one is the better movie, Batman or Batman Returns?
>>
>>80373670
I'm going to go with Returns because Catwoman > Vale.
>>
>>80373682
My man
>>
>>80370407
The inspiration for the visual appearance of the penguin is much too obvious
>>
>>80374431
Yeah, it's in the name.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.