[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in prisoner of azkaban dumbledore saves harry from a high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Pottery.jpg (165KB, 916x756px) Image search: [Google]
Pottery.jpg
165KB, 916x756px
>in prisoner of azkaban dumbledore saves harry from a high fall with arresto momentum
>as he awakes in the hospital wing fred and george murmur how would you look if we pitched you off the astronomy tower
>harry can't save dumbledore from dying falling off the astronomy tower
>the moment of him falling is slowed down and arrested into harrys memory
>hermione remembers the spell dumbeldore used infront of her and everyone and uses it to save everyone from a fall to their death
>>
>>80366192
It's not the fall that kills him though. He dies instantly when Snape shoots him in the head with a sniper rifle
>>
>>80366256
My point was it was a foreshadowing of his fall. Not only that its a parallel to how dumbeldore saves him and harry is helpless to save dumbledore
>>
>>80366256
>>80366298
I know the fall doesn't kill him I meant harry can't save dumbledore from dying/falling off the tower and the moment of his death is arrested
>>
>>80366298
Yeah but in the books the spell is urmomisa trampuphag and it summons a trampoline for them to bounce to safety. The movies butchered this entire sequence.
>>
Can we just all agree that PoA was the best movie in this rollercoaster of whizzardree.
>>
>>80366192
woah.... this is some snyder level poettry...
>>
File: 1489096680903.jpg (2MB, 1869x2324px) Image search: [Google]
1489096680903.jpg
2MB, 1869x2324px
And yet it still ended up being one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>80366419
holy shit, how mad are you
>>
>>80366488
its and old copypasta, newfag
>>
File: 1462030560791.jpg (14KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1462030560791.jpg
14KB, 284x284px
>>80366419
>tfw not clever enough to come up with brain meme image
>tfw did not even think about making one like that
im not gonna make it am i lads?
>>
File: 1488231833846.jpg (22KB, 395x428px) Image search: [Google]
1488231833846.jpg
22KB, 395x428px
>>80366488
>>
>>80366394
3 has always been my favorite but I love 6 and 7.1 too because they are amazing.

>>80366488
>>80366547
The pasta autist is actually seething, he doesn't do it for the lolz he does it for free everyday in every hp thread because he loathes it
>>
>>80366488
fuck me dead
>>
And Hermoine is a mary-sue self-insert, what's your point?
>>
>>80366690
>can't come up with a reason to like something just says "amazing" as if that means something
>uses memes incorrectly

are you a woman, by chance?
>>
Theres a shitton of parallels between 2 and 6.

Obviously Tom Riddles diary and Snapes potion textbook
In Chamber the school being threatened from within by a monster, in HBP Draco thinks he’s a monster and is threatening the school from the inside.
Both times harry thinks they are Draco
Borgin and Burkes
Harry and Malfoy Duel
Girls Lavatory Potion Making vs Mens Lavatory Duel
Potion making in general is a theme, polyjuice, amortentia, liquid luck, Voldemorts potion
I forget about the books but in the movies fawkes fly from the chamber of secrets to the castle and in half blood prince flys away from Hogwarts at the end
Aragóg is introduced/dies
Hermione repair Harry’s glasses, Luna repairs Harry’s nose.
Lockhart unsuccessfully repairs Harry’s arm, Snape successful repairs Dracos torso
The bathrooms are flooded
Katie cursed, bludger cursed, ms norris hermione colin cursed
There is blood written on the Hogwarts wall when the chamber of secrets Is opened. Dumbledore wipes his blood on the wall of the cave to open the entrance.
The only times we see the herbology gardens are in both
Harry and Ron look over Hermione petrified in the hospital wing. Hermione and Harry look over Ron in the hospital wing
Our first introduction to a horcrux, harry destroys one, our second introduction to a horcrux (the ring) harry fails to destroy one (the fake locket)
Dumbledore sees Harry under the invisibility cloak in Hagrids before he leaves the grounds in chamber of secrets. Dumbledore puts harry under the invisibility cloak before he dies in half blood prince
I AM LORD VOLDEMORT
I’M THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
In the films because of Isaac ad libing Lucius attempt a killing curse on Hogwarts grounds.
In half blood prince Draco fails to attempt one but a killing curse is landed on Hogwarts grounds
>>
>>80366192
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>80366690
>it's the same guy in every thread meme

Please reddit, go back, you're not wanted here.
>>
>>80366488
nice b8 and nice digits
>>
>>80366826
Everything. I wasn't under the impression people wanted an actual discussion. The atmospheres are great and match the book. The acting is the best like in 3, the direction is just as good and tight. The soundtrack for HBP makes the tone ooze. The cinematographers made HBP dreary and dreamlike and DH1 brooding and haunting. They are paced very well, the editing is great etc it melds
>>
Order of the Phoenix is underrated too
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.