/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Allen really mistake Bateman for Halberstram, or did he really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: American Psycho Jared Leto.png (713KB, 843x360px) Image search: [Google]
American Psycho Jared Leto.png
713KB, 843x360px
Did Allen really mistake Bateman for Halberstram, or did he really know the difference and was just trying to bust Bateman's balls?
>>
>>80359435
He actually thought it was Halberstram. He went to Halberstram's house and called him Halberstram the whole time until he was killed
>>
I like how he's visibly on the offensive the whole scene (his fist is even clenched and he slaps that guys hand after he touched him) up until Allen comes over and he looks shocked at first. You can actually see his clenched fist throughout until Allen walks over.
>>
>>80359435
are you consciously trying to proliferate the usage of "busting balls" as an expression that should actually be used in normal conversation, or are you simply a a parroting moron who recently watched the sopranos?
>>
>>80359435
Why didn't anyone else at the table notice or care that he was calling Bateman Halberstram?
>>
>>80360170
if he were busting his balls, he would have told him to get his shine box.
>>
>>80360170
>sopranos
underage leave
>>
Why does everyone in the film make fun of Bateman?
He seems like a cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>80360170
Hey why you gotta bust his balls like that?
>>
>>80360212
Too self absorbed and it was only the faggot guy. The other two didn't come in until just after.
>>
It was supposed to be some class statement as in no one really knows who is who and they all seem exactly alike.

I don't know, read the book.
>>
>>80360170
Literally busting balls: the post. Now go home and get your fucking business card.
>>
Alright, time to pump up the thread

*cracks neck*
*snaps elbow*
check
>>
>>80360212
Doesn't he get Justin Theroux's characters name wrong too?

Suggests they're all used to it in their sycophantic world where no one nears your name unless you're eating at the right restaurant.
>>
>>80359435
Third AmPsych thread I've seen in the last half-hour.

What's going on in that beautiful mind?
>>
>>80360275
Who makes fun of him?

If you mean the lawyer it's purely because he was mistaking Bateman for someone else as Paul Allen had done.
>>
>>80359435
he thought he was him. in the book bateman is the eager side kick to timothty and when he disappears to go on his drug detox, bateman assumes his identity and does all the thinigs he imagined timothy had done in his sketching, then later because he was crazy imagined it that he did it.
>>
>>80360521
Allen calls him a loser and the lawyer indirectly insults him. Even the guy from Dorsia laughs at him in the phone.
>>
>>80360487
integers
>>
>>80360275
Well book Bateman is actually revealed to be a sperg, like the nervous and mumbling kind, multiple times. There's one part where he tries to go on a sort of date with someone he knew from college and he spills spaghetti hard and writes her a poem about niggers on a napkin.
>>
>>80360384
Haha nice try but witness these
>>
>>80360674
Hey buddy you dropped these
>>
>>80360212
Because the running gag in the film is that all these vice president yuppie faggots are interchangeable.
>>
>>80360674
that's not how you do it

THIS is how you get dubs
>>
>>80360212

That's part of the plot; That all of them are like Bateman in that no one has any real identity, they're all completely fake and interchangeable.
>>
>>80359435

In the book its implied that everyone is essentially a carbon copy of one and other so names can get easily mixed.
>>
>>80360752
>>80360717
I was JUST testing you with those singles. Now witness the firepower of these fully aligned digits!
>>
One of the rare examples where the movie is better than the source material. Without exaggeration the book might be one of the if not the worst books I've ever read.
>>
>>80360862
pleb
>>
>>80360570
But they're mistaken on who he actually is. What's to say they aren't thinking of someone else considering they're receptive and amicable to whoever they believe Patrick is.

Also he doesn't give his name to Dorsia. Jean brings that point up immediately after he hangs up.
>>
>>80360804
yup and people are identifiable by the suits they wear moreso than their looks.
>>
Worst fucking get thread on the internet. 30 posts and nothing.
>>
>>80360845
Alright, one last try. If I don't get dubs, you big guys can pull down my pants, bend me over a table, spread my cheeks, and file your flight plans inside my tight agency
>>
>>80360717
But that's not my wallet
>>
>>80360170
don't you ever fucking talk to me like that in front of everyone ever again
you hear?!
>>
>>80360862
the book is hilarious though
>>
>>80360862
Zionist yuppie trash detected.
>>
>>80360955
close one
>>
>>80360170
>busting balls
>sopranos

you are dumb as shit
>>
>>80360862
The book is great you fucking turbopleb. The movie is tame compared to the shit that Bateman thinks and does in the book, which is what makes it such an odd but entertaining experience
>>
>>80361076

You can like it for it's extreme edginess, it's still a shitty book. Literally half of it is names and descriptions of products and the rest is just descriptions of the gross shit he is doing. There is no plot or point or any reason to it.
>>
>>80361022
Looks like assrape's back off the menu, boys!
>>
>>80361127
ok, but you're not checking my dubs though
>>
File: American Psycho (1987).png (678KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
American Psycho (1987).png
678KB, 800x800px
What makes 1987 NYC in the fog and rain the best setting for a motion picture?
>>
>>80360170
Hey man, I was just posting a meme, and you're, you're getting a little fresh.
I'm just breaking your balls a bit, eh?
>>
>>80361127
>"What even is satire?" - (you)
>>
>>80360487
>AmPsych
>Amateur Psychology
whoa

whoa
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.