[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite movie from Classical Hollywood cinema

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: rebel.jpg (87KB, 796x378px) Image search: [Google]
rebel.jpg
87KB, 796x378px
What is your favorite movie from Classical Hollywood cinema (1917-1960s)
>>
Night of the Hunter
>>
>>80353677
You already posted a really good one.

Other early favorites: The General, It Happened One Night, Double Indemnity, Sunset Boulevard.
>>
>>80353677
I haven't seen that many but Cleopatra and Rear Window are two of my favorites
>>
It Happened One Night.
>>
>>80353677
>>80353717
>>80353782
All great films. I'll throw in The Searchers and The Thing From Another World.
>>
>>80353677
Double Indemnity
Casablanca
The Grapes of Wrath
>>
The Thin Man is cozy as fuck.
>>
Birth of A Nation
>>
>>80354097
/pol/ meme movie. Literally one good scene (KKK riding to save the whites from the blacks breaking into the house).
>>
>>80354187
not to mention it's from 1915 and OP said 1917-1960s
>>
After watching The General, I wanted more silent comedy, so I watched Modern Times (Charlie Chaplin), and although he's a great performer I didn't like the movie as much because it's just a bunch of scenes strung together. There's no strong plot like The General. Any other recommendations for silent comedy?
>>
>>80353677
Love Me Tonight and the Merry Widow are pretty good. I also like Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and Road to Morocco.
>>
>>80354466
City Lights, Seven Year's Bad Luck and Speedy
>>
File: 1474416109249.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1474416109249.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>80354466
>Modern Times is just a bunch of scenes thrown together
>>
Pick almost anything from the filmography of John Ford, John Huston, or Billy Wilder.
>>
The mark of zorro
>>
Any Buster Keaton movie
>>
>>80354630
meant for
>>80354466
>>
>>80354564
Thanks, I'll check them out.

>>80354630
Hopefully the rest are as good as The General.
>>
Stagecoach

>>80353881
>The Grapes of Wrath
I love Ford despite his worst tendencies (hokey comedy, broad stereotypes, balancing the plot with the laid back hangout elements) but I hated this. It's so serious while being so corny, and the longer it goes on the more it becomes a New Deal propaganda film. The fucking free housing administrator even looks just like FDR
>>
>>80353782
>It Happened One Night
I watched it on a DVD bought from supermarket with my demented grandma.
Good movie
>>
>>80354965
It honestly reminded me of anime, because that's the only place you can find red-pilled romantic comedy nowadays.
>>
>>80354757
Its probably the first really good book adaptation to film. Didnt really get a corny vibe from it at all.

I didnt like Stagecoach, all the characters are just too "charactery" if that makes sense. None of them seem real. The stuntwork is unreal though, especially that by the native who fall down between the horses and gets run over by the coach.
>>
>>80355109
>this is the kind of person I discuss film with
>>
>>80355265
Stagecoach is pretty shit tbqfh. Film classes need to stop shitting this down people's throat that it's the quintessential Western.

Watch My Darling Clementine instead.
>>
>>80355519
>there are people out there who learn Jericho's wall from anime
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Rear Window. Excellent film
>>
>>80355109
I think I'm gonna vomit.
>>
>>80357469
It sucks. I spent the whole movie watching for the twist that never came. Especially disappointing after Vertigo which had a clever twist.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.