[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a reasonable explanation of how she broke

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: SR-Ritter.jpg (19KB, 786x393px) Image search: [Google]
SR-Ritter.jpg
19KB, 786x393px
Can someone give me a reasonable explanation of how she broke Killgrave's control over her?

Is the real answer honestly that 'she didn't want to kill that lady so badly that she overcame a virus through sheer force of will' ?

Nobody else - even Luke Cage - didn't want to do what Killgrave asked of them as much as she didn't? Not even when he asked them to kill themselves in torturous ways?
>>
>>80348425

She developed an immunity.
>>
I thought it was the shock of killing an innocent that knocked her out of it somehow.
>>
MAXIMUM EFFORT
>>
>spent the most time with him with constant exposure to his powers
>had an enhanced immune system that used that time to adapt to the virus
>virus happens to break at a theatrical time
>>
>>80348838

That's what she thought, but she didn't know his control was essentially a bioweapon at the time. Nor did she know she'd permanently broken it, which is why she was so afraid of him for most of the series - she thought he'd take control of her again at any time.
>>
>>80348838
No, she's killed innocents before while under the effects.

She spent so much time around Kilgrave that she developed an immunity. The show didn't explain it very well, but Purple Man's power is virus-based.
>>
>>80348425
Better immune system + Longer exposure + He kept testing the limits of her unwillingness.

I would've liked if instead she had tricked him into telling her to kill him/fuck him up, but I guess that this is more a psychological than an intellectual one, from the character's point of view.

I'd also have liked the ending scene if she had just broken his windpipe and told all the other people being controlled to kill the dude while he couldn't speak on the floor, for a good ol' role-reversal trope, but oh well.

No Netflix show can make a finale, Marvel or otherwise.
>>
>>80348425

The dialogue in this show was bad. I went into it with optimism because people said it was good and because David Tenant seems like a chill guy, but the show just wasn't very good.

What did people like about it?
>>
>>80349531
The premise and the villain charisma sort of holds it up for the most part, since it's pretty novel for tv.

It doesn't hold very well in second viewings, though.
>>
>>80349531
>MUH FEMALE HERO
>MUH RAPE

Thats about it
>>
I feel like Kilgrave was actually on the path to being redeemed before she attacked and imprisoned him
>>
The whole show and every character in it is just a walking, talking, anti-male, feminist rape metaphor
>>
>>80348967
This explains it, cheers mate
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.