[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a guy who met /ourguy/(?) Malick, and Goose, Rooney LEGO,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: img_72.jpg (195KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
img_72.jpg
195KB, 1000x800px
Ask a guy who met /ourguy/(?) Malick, and Goose, Rooney LEGO, The Fass, and that guy that took twelve years to make a mediocre movie, the other day anything. I saw the new Malick movie too, but we don't talk about films here so you probably don't care.

I'll start the thread with a little trivia: Malick told me the original cut of the movie was eight hours long. Seriously.
>>
>>80342013
that's all info that can be found online
but I'll bite
how was the movie? closer to tree of life or knight of cups? how's the soundtrack?
>>
Who is more our guy, The Goose or Malick?
>>
>>80342013
did he talk about why he started making movies faster after tree of life?
>>
does Song to Song suck as bad as To the Wonder and Knight of Cups?
>>
>>80342064
Ask me something that can't be found online and I'll try to answer it. Just a warning though if it's about Fassbender most of our conversation was about shoes.

Way closer to Knight of Cups, and the music is great but it kind of felt like a really long music video anthology. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I feel like I might have hated it if I hadn't met everyone and they weren't so nice, which is a shitty thing to say but I'm trying to be honest.

>>80342112
Goose. He's a fucking sweetheart and I talked to him about Drive too. He said he's so proud of it and he loves Nic and the fanbase. Malick seems like he might be a secret normie but Goose definitely has autism of some kind.

>>80342150
Nope.

>>80342154
If you didn't like those two you're gonna hate this one unless you're a /mu/tant and then you might just like it for the music.
>>
>le meme man malick

kill yourself
>>
>>80342339
You don't like Malick so I should kill myself? That kind of makes sense.

Also I'm having connection issues at this shit hotel so sorry if it takes me a while to reply to anything. Texas has the shittiest pizza on Earth too. Fuck Texas.
>>
>>80342283
how was rooney? did malick talk about the original edit of the movie at all, other than it being 8 hours long?
>>
>>80342283
why was linklater there? does malick like his films?

also did malick like zoolander 2?
>>
>>80342481
>also did malick like zoolander 2?

Why do you ask this?
>>
>>80342465
She was a sweetheart too, we talked about the Giants because they're my favorite handegg team. Thanks to you assholes I kept thinking about LEGO when I was talking to her. She put her hand on my shoulder when I made her laugh so suck it waifufags she's my gf now and we're probably gonna get married and I'm gonna own the Giants.

Malick said that a lot of the scenes they cut out just weren't cohesive enough to fit with how he wanted the scenes to go. Rooney and Goose both made jokes about him taking forever to shoot the movie and he laughed so that was cool.

>>80342481
I'm guessing Malick likes his movies or he wouldn't have had him do the Q&A. Also he didn't mention Zoolander 2 but I think it's safe to say it's Malick's favorite film and the reason he's still making films.
>>
>>80342574
he loves the first one. ben stiller even sent him a birthday greeting in character once
>>
>>80342436
fuck you asshole 6th street pizza is good when your drunk. fuck off back to your lib shithole
>>
>>80342716
pretty cool, what do you do to get to meet filmmakers?
also don't you dare touch my waifu again
>>80342481
Linklater's films like the Before trilogy, Boyhood, Everybody Wants Some!! are rather similar to Malick's newer production so I'd imagine they get along well.
>>
>>80342748
Wow, that's pretty cool actually.
>>
>>80342716
did he talk about why he chose austin, for this movie? like was he inspired by nashville? and did he say anything about Radegund? did he talk about trump?

>>80342957
>Linklater's films like the Before trilogy, Boyhood, Everybody Wants Some!! are rather similar to Malick's newer production so I'd imagine they get along well.
i don't get that at all desu. except that maybe both are virtually plotless
>>
>>80342929
It's all terrible and I can't wait to fuck off to my lib shithole, this place sucks dick.

>>80342957
I write movie reviews for a shitty paper. Yeah, those still exist and people still read them apparently.

>>80343054
Malick loves Austin and he said even though it's not his hometown he considers it his "adopted hometown". He apparently really loves music and goes to lots of country rock shows in Austin with his wife too which I had no idea about beforehand, I thought he was some sort of shut in when he wasn't making his movies. He seems like the type of guy that could be your best bro if you actually got to know him but if he's just some guy you just met you're gonna think he's kind of weird.
>>
>>80343474
It's your own fault for going to that commiefornia infested shithole Austin instead of going to Rodeo Houston.
>>
>>80342481
malick and linklater are both from austin and university of texas
>>
>>80342013
How would you rate song to song out of 10? Does it use the same narrative that he used in knight of cups(voiceovers, small amount of dialogue)? I have read that it it has somehow better plot and development than KoC and TTW so is that true?
>>
>>80344375
Well, I don't like to rate films out of 10, but if I had to I'd say it's a 6 maybe. It's beautiful, some of the music is really fine, but it's basically one of those things where you watch it and then you're overwhelmed with how forgettable it is. No one will be talking about this film a year from now. As far as it having a better plot, ehhhhh yeah I guess so, but there's still not much there. It does use the same narrative style as Knight of Cups though, but there are more scenes where it's the characters interacting than expository dialogue. Like I said, if you're really into music you're probably gonna like it. If you're not I can almost guarantee the visual quality of the film and how well made it is isn't going to be enough to push it into your list of favorites, no matter how much you like Malick.
>>
>>80344964
Were the performances any good? Have you seen any other films at sxsw?
>>
>>80342283
>Goose definitely has autism of some kind

/OURGUY/
>>
>>80342283
>I talked to him about Drive too. He said he's so proud of it and he loves Nic and the fanbase. Malick seems like he might be a secret normie but Goose definitely has autism of some kind
Is he aware of the memes? D-do you think he posts on /tv/?
>>
>>80342013
How was it talking to fass? Did you mention colonization by any chance?
>>
>>80345719
Not OP, but I would bet good money that Fass is kind of boring and dumb in real life. Good actors tend to have a kind of "blank slate" thing going on when they're not working, I've met Robert De Niro and he's barely a person.
>>
>>80345198
The performances were okay. It felt like everyone was playing themselves so it's not like they could screw it up though.

I've seen so much garbage already while I have been here that my brain feels like a landfill. I cannot wait to go home and it's only been two days, I have seven more before I'm home. Apparently everyone decided to make a documentary about cops shooting black people this year, I've seen two of those already. They were about as unbiased as Lena Dunham. The best movie I have seen, hands down, is Baby Driver. That shit was ridiculous in a good way. It's like an action musical, but unlike Song I don't think people are going to have to be music fans to love it. It's gonna be a big hit. I also got to see Josh Duhamel go on an anti Trump tirade at the panel for his festering pile of shit about suicide reality shows "This Is Your Death", that was fun. Small Town Crime was great, that should be an indie sleeper during awards season and I hope John Hawkes finally wins some stuff because he's great in everything he is in. Other than that I got to do the new Mummy VR experience, which was lame but made me laugh because you're in a plane and from all the Bane and CIA memes plus the fucked sound in the first trailer I had lots to work with while the "experience" did not.

>>80345650
I think he has to be aware of the memes but I doubt he posts here. If someone told me he did I wouldn't be surprised though. Definitely our guy.

>>80345719
He's a nice guy, he actually approached me and after tapping me on the shoulder pointed down at our feet because we were wearing the same shoes. We laughed and talked for a minute about shoes but nothing much else. There were lots of people trying to get to him to talk so he was being pulled away quite a bit. I didn't mention colonization lel.

>>80345784
I wouldn't say dumb. He seemed like a nice charismatic guy.
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>80345970
How can I be a faggot when Rooney Mara touched my shoulder so we're pretty much married now? Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>80346024

He's got a point you know. If you have been touched by a top tier waifu it instantly cures homosexuality.
>>
>>80345936
>Baby Driver
Trailer for that looked liked Drive with more action. The protaginist looks as autistic as Ryan Gosling. Im intersted in it because of Hamm and Spacey.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.