[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people like melodramas so much? it's always the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Manchester-wide-UK.jpg (296KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
Manchester-wide-UK.jpg
296KB, 1040x780px
why do people like melodramas so much?

it's always the same
>bad things happen and the characters have to deal with it
>overly emotional events with shock value (death, disability, poverty, rape, etc.)

example films:
>Manchester by the sea
>anything by lars von trier
>>
>>80338343
why do people like capeshit so much?

it's always the same
>earth gets attacked and people have to deal with it
>overly destructive events with shock value (aliens, magic, robots, etc)

example films:
>Avengers movies
>anything by Disney, Warner Bros, Fox
>>
>>80338343
I know that since you're a trust fund teenage honky you have literally 0 problems in life other than crippling autism, but people in the real world deal with death and poverty and other "overly emotional events" on a fairly regular basis
>>
>>80338343

Do you have autism?
>>
>>80338343
von Trier hasn't done melodrama since that Dogville sequel no one cared about, and that was a decade ago
>>
>>80338799
i dont like capeshit either for mostly the same reasons

>>80338851
> literally 0 problems in life other than crippling autism
autism, and the loneliness that comes with it, is a serious problem
what do I gain from watching 2 hours of someone going through their own problems? manchester by the sea was not even enjoyable

>>80338876
haven't been tested, but i probably fall somewhere on the spectrum
>>
people like to know that they are not alone
>>
>>80339092
>>80339092
>autism, and the loneliness that comes with it, is a serious problem

sorry there's not enough spergodramas for you. Not that you'd be able to gain anything from them. Stick to train collections
>>
>>80338343
So basically you don't understand what the term "melodrama" means, do you?
>>
>>80338343
why do people like films so much?

it's always the same
>characters interact with each other
>movie follows some kind of plot

example films:
>most of them
>>
>>80339092
>what do I gain

Have you heard of the word Empathy? I now its hurd to understand it being an edgelord, but apply yourself a little bit.
>>
>>80339092
>what do I gain
It's called catharsis, you underaged moron.
Ancient people knew this thousands of years ago, fucking idiot.
>>
>>80338343

why do people like horror so much?

it's always the same
>creepy things happen and the characters have to deal with it
>overtly emotional events with shock value (death, torture, paranormal, gore, etc.)

example films:
>Saw
>anything by John Carpenter
>>
>>80338343
Honestly you should leave this board
>>
Because life isn't always happy. So it's good to see films that represent the negative aspects of the world once in a while instead of everything being optimistic and happy and pretend things are perfect.
>>
>>80338343
>why do people like films about the human condition?

gee I don't know hmmm
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.