[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paramount gave the live adaptation of one of the most beloved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Paramount gave the live adaptation of one of the most beloved Manga/Anime IPs of all time, the first feature film of which is considered one of the best animated films ever, to the guy who was fucking the lead actress of his film while directing Snow White and the Huntsman?

How is Rupert Sanders' career not dead in the fucking water? Is it dead in the water and Paramount just thought it'd be funny to give him a live action anime movie? Do these Hollywood assholes really think their shit is so much better than Eastern animation?
>>
File: PQkOqUE.gif (3MB, 541x304px) Image search: [Google]
PQkOqUE.gif
3MB, 541x304px
>>
Which ghost in the shell movies should I watch?
>>
They do it to guarantee cookie cutter girl power movie
>>
>>80321962
Watch the '95 and the sequel Innocence. You can also watch the tv series.
>>
File: 1486630741979.jpg (3MB, 1000x4045px) Image search: [Google]
1486630741979.jpg
3MB, 1000x4045px
>>80321755
>Do these Hollywood assholes really think their shit is so much better than Eastern animation?
No, they just think they can rip it off cheaply. Same reason they didn't get a better director.
>>
How does a nerdy girl that works for a kiwi fx firm pulls the stealth suit better than a multi-millon dollar Hollywood actress?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbCyXVEVpKk
>>
>>80322113
Thanks anon
>>
>implying anime shit matters

He can only make it better you stupid fucking fat weebs
>>
>>80322119
>Who are you? Who slips into my rogot body and whispers to my ghost?
>rogot
>>
>>80322119
They're ripping it off because GiTs is an iconic film and with some of the most skillfully designed, drawn and animated scenes in an animation ever.
There aren't really any contemporary directors who would be both willing to work on an anime adaptation and also have the skill to come up with their own visual style that rivals the quality of the anime. Case in point, the guy they got can't even successfully copy GiTs and the scenes we've seen look cheap and tacky compared to the original animation. So, for the purposes of turning a profit, copying the good parts is really the only viable option.

>>80322129
>How does a nerdy girl that works for a kiwi fx firm pulls the stealth suit better than a multi-millon dollar Hollywood actress?

Johansson is the poster child for how strongly nepotism can trump acting ability and looks.
>>
>>80321755

>Someone has the rights to Ghost In The Shell

>Someone recognizes the name and figures it's a viable brand

>Studio wants sci-fi action film for Scar-Jo because of Muh Lucy and Avengers Shit

>"Hey, who has directed a big budget fantasy or sci-fi film with a female lead?"

>"That dude that fucked the Twilight girl"

>"Done"

Lazy hollywood is lazy.
>>
>>80321755
>give him live action of Snow White
>give him live action of GITS
What's next for this man? Live action American Pop? Fantastic Planet? Princess Mononoke?
>>
>>80322950
Maybe Leo might finally get to produce that akira film he wanted set in neo-NY...
>>
Daily reminder that this happened
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tNY-Qy_miNQ
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.