[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a film written by a catholic, directed by a catholic, based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: silence-scorsese.jpg (146KB, 1980x1238px) Image search: [Google]
silence-scorsese.jpg
146KB, 1980x1238px
>a film written by a catholic, directed by a catholic, based on a novel by a catholic, about catholics
>ends up concluding that sola fide is correct theology

what went wrong?
>>
>>80318773
>written by Japanese catholic and directed by American catholic
Both kinds are just protestants.
>>
>>80319431
The Japanese guy wrote the book, not the movie you retard.
>>
>>80318773
They probably don't know any serious theology. Which is kind of sad, but not surprising.

>Faith without works
How could people be stupid enough to believe this? Protestants are such idiots.
>>
Isnt the conflict about whether holding sticking to your faith is better/worse than renouncing your faith for the sake of others?

Where do you get that sola fide is concluded? I kinda guess from the ending where he holds the cross despite renouncing the faith. But what about the thing I said above?
>>
>>80318773
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKwtUXyU1k
It's about christfags, that's the problem
>>
>>80320496
the source of all conflict is the jesuits literally had faith they were making and had made no mistakes at all in converting the japanese. But the reality is their lack of understanding of the language meant they had created a suicide-by-proxy cult that only vaguely resembled christianity.
>>
In reality, the Jesuits were actually further along in their understanding of the language... Going to Japan is actually portrayed as a whim in the film but that seems incredibly doubtful.
>>
>>80321140
it was too late by the time they had some level of fluency in japanese. The dominate form of christianity was the kirishitian cult.
>>
is the blu-ray rip out yet?
>>
Any decent rips out yet?
>>
>>80320293
>based on a novel by a catholic
Are you a spastic or just illiterate?
>>
>>80321447
>>80321467
No Blu-Ray yet, the screener is more than watchable (and I saw it in the theater for reference). Ignore the so-called WEB-DL from earlier this week, it's got hardcoded Serbian subs and the movie's been cropped to 16:9 at a lower bitrate than the DVDscr.
>>
You know Scorsese directed Last Temptation right?
>>
>directed by a catholic

yea, sure
>>
>>80321903
He's Italian not Jewish r tard
>>
>>80322085
he is a jewish italian playing the name game
>>
>>80322222
>>
>ITT: Papist cucks
>>
>>80318773
>directed by a catholic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Scorsese
Spouse(s)

Laraine Marie Brennan
(m. 1965; div. 1971)
Julia Cameron
(m. 1976; div. 1977)
Isabella Rossellini
(m. 1979; div. 1982)
Barbara De Fina
(m. 1985; div. 1991)
Helen Schermerhorn Morris (m. 1999)

I guess anything goes nowadays.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.