[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://letterboxd.com/cinebro/film /2001-a-space-odyssey/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2001-Space-Odyssey.jpg (32KB, 583x335px) Image search: [Google]
2001-Space-Odyssey.jpg
32KB, 583x335px
https://letterboxd.com/cinebro/film/2001-a-space-odyssey/

>"This is Transformers for the art house crowd"

This is the truest thing I've ever read in a review
>>
>>80316953

Everything after HAL is just stupid and pretentious. Yes I read the book and know what was going on, but the movie didn't communicate it at all.

Intersteller was such a rip off, especially of the ending. But at least Intersteller spelled out what was happening at the ending.
>>
>tfw you will never see anyone get rekted as hard as cinebro for his retarded opinions
>>
>April 1
>>
File: eyes wide shut 2.jpg (85KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
eyes wide shut 2.jpg
85KB, 597x597px
>>80317045
>But at least Intersteller spelled out what was happening at the ending.
>spelling shit out is a positive
>>
>>80316953
one of the most disingenuous movies i've seen.

3/5 AT MOST
>>
>>80317045
The only bearable bit is the 30 mins or so between when HAL first reports the malfunction and him getting turned off, the rest is slow and uninteresting
>>
>>80317125

The choice between spelling it out, and making it incomprehensible is shit yes.

Ideally it should fall somewhere in between
>>
File: 1459366194303.png (545KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459366194303.png
545KB, 640x640px
>>80317045
>the movie didn't communicate it at all
>not being able to infer the plot, philosophy, and meaning of the movie by just using your brain for two seconds
It's time to stop being a pleb, anon.
>>
>>80317199

>Implying anyone in the theatre who hadn't read the book, worked out the Monolith was a trap for the humans just from watching a guy look at trippy lights, sit around in a weird hotel room, and a baby in a bubble float in space

>>80317168

The scene at the start with the monolith and one group of primitive humans learn to use a weapon is great, its clear enough what is going on without shuving it in the audiences face.
>>
>>80316953
Let's just take a look at his "reviews"

Gods of Egypt
>"Well, that was an experience."

Enough reddit faggotry for me
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.