[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Disney Marvel soundtracks so forgettable? DC films are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Why are Disney Marvel soundtracks so forgettable?

DC films are mostly shit, but their music, maximum kino.
>>
https://youtu.be/7vfqkvwW2fs
>>
>>80316656
His most kino soundtrack is days of thunder

Prove me wrong
>>
>why are marvel soundtracks forgettable
>posts Hans Zimmer as an example of a good movie composer
>>
>>80316858
let me guess, if I ask your favorite movie composer you're going to say a unknown hack that worked on Russian and Iranian cinema. Cause 'muh, popular is bad'
>>
>>80316955
Hans Zimmer being shit has nothing to do with him being popular, I can assure you.
>>
>>80316955
I love Hans Zimmer, but 80% of the scores he produces are forgettable. You can hardly blame him when you consider the breadth of his work, but it doesn't excuse his reusing cues or weird fixation on electric guitars.
Marry Me is still the greatest composition for a movie score I've ever heard, bar none: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeK4HMak-q0
>>
>>80317011
why them? Why is his music bad?
>>
>>80317066
*then
goddamn hurry in typing
>>
>>80317066
Have you heard his Batman and Superman work? Nolan's trilogy? Man of Steel? BvS?
>>
>>80317054
the only film from that franchise I've seen is the first movie... but I'll gladly watch the others (even though they're shit) just for Zimmer's score.
>>
>>80316705
thanks for the youtube. really interesting
>>
>>80316656
You do know Hans Zimmer vowed to never work with DC again after BvS right ?
>>
>>80317112
no anon, explain to me. You must know about music theory if you can state so firmly that he's a bad composer, right? Pick a score you don't like and explain why it's bad.
>>
https://youtu.be/z9BL59uiAz8

https://youtu.be/JvuMuMwutoI

So much emotion in these songs.
>>
>>80317206
>implying music theory has anything to do with knowing if you like something or not
>sucking Hans Zimmer's cock AS HE'S TYPING

Look at the autism on this guy
>>
>>80317295
Anon, I want you to explain to me. I don't know music theory, but you so sure the guy is bad. It sounds like it's more than just your opinion, like you know about film scoring and shit
>>
>>80317337
>implying I'm going to put in so much effort only to have you say "lol no ur wrong" no matter what I say

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>80317415
>not being able to formulate an argument
>he likes something I don't, therefore: autism
get a hold of yourself.
>>
File: 1479089917224.jpg (379KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479089917224.jpg
379KB, 800x600px
>hyped as fuck to see Kung Fu Panda 3 for Hans' new score
>it's complete ass without John Powell
>>
>>80317203
MoS has an excellent soundtrack. What did DC do to make him leave?
>>
>>80317484
>he wants me to write an essay about why Hans Zimmer sucks so he can say "lol no ur wrong" at the end no matter what

Since you need it so bad, I'll even let you have the last word so you can feel like you won.
>>
>>80317509
A bad movie
>>
Hans Zimmer is solid and only gets shit on by people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I still think Thomas Newman is better tho.
>>
>>80317658
Hans did shitty spideman film
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.