[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>critics pan it >therefore most people will also dislike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 9

>critics pan it
>therefore most people will also dislike it because they can't be bothered to evaluate something independently and impartially using their brains

You know this shit will be universally loved here, right?

NO MATTER HOW ACTUALLY FUCKING BAD IT IS

>le contrarian meme
Fuck you, it's not a meme. Cap this shit.
>>
You ok anon?
>>
>>80309150
People here love panned movies all the time - me especially. Just because there are times when we actually agree with the critics that a movie is shit (like Batman v Superman), doesn't mean we're not thinking for ourselves.

If you like Iron Fist or whatever, then so be it, but don't force your opinions on us.
>>
You okay anon?
>>
>>80309150
more like capeshit consumers love garbage and praise any capeshit
>>
>>80309150
were you so triggered you forgot to samefag?
>>
>>80309150
Of course it'll be loved here because /tv/ is full of MCUcks.
>>
its just another boring marvel tv show where some niggas powa is yet again punching people, but this time the fight scenes are fucking super lazy.
>>
There are people in here who decided to like it the when they saw appropriation complaints and completely tune out the rest of the criticisms
>>
>>80309150
No, but its going to get shilled to hell.
>>
>>80309150
Iron Pajamas looks like sleepwearkino.
>>
He was a bad casting choice.
>>
>>80309218

Oh you.
>>
File: 1364618122463.jpg (76KB, 601x405px) Image search: [Google]
1364618122463.jpg
76KB, 601x405px
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's a concept invented by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively. If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, Kanye, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>80309150
He looks like a NEET pretending to be doing kung fu. Could he have at least tried a LITTLE bit to be into the role?
That isnt even iron fists classic pose and he looks fat he couldnt be bothered to get a little muscle tone and definition. This was horribly miscast.
>>
I don't expect much out of Iron Fist. What do they think they are going to give people that they aren't already getting out of DD. I would rather have another great season of Daredevil and Punisher than see a bunch of 3rd tier characters nobody cares about like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Defenders will be shit.
>>
>therefore most people will also dislike it because they can't be bothered to evaluate something independently and impartially using their brains

So, same shit /tv/ pulls.
>>
>>80309810
asddaddsa
>>80309364
Wuturgul samgagit?
>>
Since Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and both seasons of Daredevil were awesome, I don't have doubts about this.
>>
>>80309810
>being prejudiced against a thing based on its popularity with general public is an "idiotic concept"
Wow, you sure sound stupid.
>>
>>80310048
>Muh shared universe
All Marvel does is carpet bomb. It's like the"lets just throw shit on a wall and see what sticks" method of TV production for diversity's sake
>>
File: 427full-christian-howard[1].jpg (43KB, 427x641px) Image search: [Google]
427full-christian-howard[1].jpg
43KB, 427x641px
>>80309875
Should have gotten Christian Howard. Actual Martial Artist.
>>
>Super hero show
>No costume
>Not until the last episode if you are lucky
When will this trend die? They own a super hero franchise but they are too scared of making them look like super heroes.
>>
>>80310184
This board loved each of those shows when the show's came out. There's a weird reflex where way after the fact faggots pretend they always hated X. Iron Fist looks bad though.
>>
>>80310184
>awesom
no they were trash boring trash
i have hope for iron fist and i expect more action scenes than daredevil and luke cage
>>
>>80310322
I second this. You don't need a theater actor for a character who punches too hard.
>>
File: 5636.png (148KB, 297x247px) Image search: [Google]
5636.png
148KB, 297x247px
>/tv/ pretends a horrendous piece of capeshit isn't horrendous because in addition to all critics demolishing it in every way a handful of SJWs on social media have cried about race shit
>>
>>80309150
I'm skeptical because it seems like every review brings up race before talking about the actual characters or the show itself. I'm getting the suspicion this was the early spin, and every other article had to copy paste so they didn't get called out as racists. I'm gonna give it an honest try.
>>
>>80310481
I believe that is an accurate assessment
>>
>>80310369
Apparently one of the issues is that the action scenes are sparse and instead you get a bunch of corporate drama
>>
>>80309150
Is that Loras from GoT btw?
>>
>critics don't like a show because a white character does asian yoga
>this means the show is bad
>>
>>80309150
>>80310481
Knowing Marvel and Disney it's probably on the exact same level of garbage quality as everything else marvel dishes out. One of the reasons it probably got panned is BECAUSE of 'race shit'.
>>
>>80309810
Fucking contrarian...
>>
>>80309810
(You)
>>
File: C3lB2tdXUAA2fyu.jpg (36KB, 836x960px) Image search: [Google]
C3lB2tdXUAA2fyu.jpg
36KB, 836x960px
>"Martial artist who trained his entire life"

>>80310322
>Martial artist who trained his entire life

Enough reason to not watch this shitshow right there
>>
>>80309150

Can't wait to trick retards on /tv/ into liking an MCU production just by saying "what are you an SJW normie who doesnt like that hes white lol?"
>>
>>80309810
100% correct except I'd say Kanye is a pretty controversial figure so he doesn't exactly fit the bill.
>>
File: 1434646079525.png (296KB, 396x417px) Image search: [Google]
1434646079525.png
296KB, 396x417px
>>80309150

>Cap this shit.

He doesn't know about the archive
>>
>>80311657
Wow...a good punch in the chest would collapse his entire body.
>>
>>80311657
For real look at his skinny fat body next to no tone. Fucker couldnt even be bothered to go to the gym once a week to prep for the role.
>>
>>80309218
BvS is an amazing movie though
>>
>>80313182
have you ever been to the gym? It's incredibly difficult to get buff with only a single month to train
>>
>>80311515
then it's trash?!
>>
>>80309810
>being this much of a contrarian
>>
>>80313221
You are objectively wrong.
Please stop misinforming people with your incorrect opinion.
>>
>shit isn't out yet

>HEY LETS FREAK OUT ABOUT THE CRITICAL RESPONSE OMG OMG HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GIVING IT REVIEWS WHAT THE FUCK WE NEEEEEEEEEEED TO FORM OPINIONS NOW NOW NOW THAT ARE COUNTER TO THOSE EXPRESSED IN THE REVIEWS

please just stop
>>
>>80309218
You made this post just to shit on BvS, sad.
>>
>>80311877
you get more karma and a higher chance of gold with caps from live threads than you do with caps from archived threads.
>>
>>80313345
Heres where i stand.

I'm an action guy, so when i heard about netflix series about Iron Fist i got excited because its clearly a vehicle to put great Kung Fu Scenes in your series.

But apparently it was not meant to be. They release a fight scene for previews and lo and behold is fucking terrible.
Finn Jones can't sell a pose to save his life.

I'll give it a shot. RZA directed an episode so at the very least his episode should be visually cool.
>>
So I guess /tv/ thinks Gigli is kino, right?
>>
>>80309150
After Logan all capeshit will put against a higher bar, and it will be judged accordingly. The usual Marvelshit doesn't cut it anymore
>>
It is going to be garbage though. It's not getting bad reviews because the actor is a white male: JJ and LC got better reviews because their actors weren't. JJ and LC deserved to be panned, IF is getting an accurate review.
>>
>>80313256
They casted only a month before filming? Why? They knew they were going to do iron fist and the whole netflix series before daredevil... Yet they chose a skelefat homo from GoT. Terrible.
>>
>>80313663
Charlie Cox only had two months to train for daredevil, but at least he had a fucking costume, so they could disguise his body and only film the topless shots at the end of filming after he'd had enough time to get in shape during the duration of filming

They should have just given Iron fist some kind of costume from the beginning instead of this topless shit and done the same that Charlie cox did
>>
>>80313554
because TDK didn't set the bar very high.
>>
File: IMG_7958.jpg (131KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7958.jpg
131KB, 480x800px
>>
>>80313429
You ok?
>>
>>80309810
Hello Mr. Contrarian.
>>
>>80313554
its more likely that iron fist is being judged by the standards of the other asian kung fu series centerd around a white guy that was on netflix, but ended on a cliffhanger, was not renewed, and now this shit is replacing it.
>>
>>80309218
>don't force your opinions on us.
>/tv/

Good luck
>>
>>80309150
great so now is the /tv/ contrarian brigade now going to pretend to really like Iron Fist?
>>
/tv/ is more than 1 person.
>>
>>80309218
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: cabin.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
cabin.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>80309150
>le contrarian meme
>Fuck you, it's not a meme.
yeah huh
>>
>>80309218
:^)
>>
File: sadfleck.jpg (4MB, 2400x3070px) Image search: [Google]
sadfleck.jpg
4MB, 2400x3070px
>>80309218
>when we actually agree with the critics that a movie is shit (like Batman v Superman)
how to harvest (you)s for fun and profit
>>
>>80314763
>Irom Fist sucks because the mc is a FUCKING WHITE MALE! If you disagree you're le contrarian:^)
>>
>>80309150
It's going to be loved because it stars a white guy. For some reason /tv/ adopted the "if it's white it's right" attitude no matter the quality.
>>
>>80315144
Iron Fist sucks because the show about mystical kung fu man has bad kung fu fighting.

How can you even defend this
>>
>>80309150
>You know this shit will be universally loved here, right?

It will be loved because it pisses off the "muh diversity" crowd and that's all nu/tv/ cares about. The fact that most reviews also talk about how the pacing, writing, acting, and action are the weakest of the Netflix shows so far will be overlooked or waved away with cries of "SJW."
>>
>>80310327

Will Jessica Jones get a white leotard in the Defenders or panties?
>>
>>80315254
>bad kung fu fighting

Why? Because he's a FUCKING WHITE MALE? Upvoted :^)
>>
>>80315312
Cry more reddit
>>
>>80313467
I can hear the wobble of your tripple chin from this post alone, how disgusting you must smell to post something like that
>>
>>80315371
for one its badly edited and badly shot.

>>80315641
It's the smell of truth
>>
>>80315144
yep. already starting. swinging at strawmen. Projecting your own persecution complexes already. taking the opportunity to be triggered about race.

you work quick I'll give you that
>>
>>80313663
I wonder the same thing about Negan. With Negan it's obvious why they chose the actor. But they didn't choose him until 2 DAYS before filming his entrance. That's a role you should cast half a year ahead of time.
>>
/tv/ usually hates something when critics like it, so they'll be calling it the greatest capekino since BvS.
>>
To bad about that twitter controversy. Disney's marketing team should have been on top of that
>>
>>80309150

man those clothes look so comfy, I'd love to lounge in them
>>
>>80309150
Cant wait for the threads with pics of Iron fist saying "Dawn of Capekino?!"
>>
>>80309150
Holy goddamn fucking shit OP can you get a life?

Literally 3 clickbait articles and some asian hooker bitch does not mean that this show is secretly good.

Admit that you didn't even hear of Iron Fist before this and if it didn't say Marvel on it you wouldn't give a solo shit.

The show isn't even true to the comics from a white european perspective, its SHIT and the Marvel damage control is so embarrassing. Just stop embarrassing yourself OP.
>>
>>80309810
Triggered special snowflake contrarian
>>
>>80309810
This is true and a good summary
>>
>>80311657
Well, I won't be watching this
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.