[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think about Elementary? I'm binging through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

File: Lucy-Liu-Sexy-Celebrity-Legs.jpg (134KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy-Liu-Sexy-Celebrity-Legs.jpg
134KB, 467x600px
What does /tv/ think about Elementary? I'm binging through it on Netflix atm and I think it's a better watch than BBC-Sherlock. Sherlock and Watson bromance is comfy af.
Also, Sherlock isn't a "high functioning sociopath" and shit like this.
>>
It's fantastic, season 2 is a little annoying in places but the majority of all seasons is kino. It's comfy, the plots are varied and it doesn't hamstring itself by trying to be Shelock Holmes.

One of my personal favourite shows of all time.
>>
>>80299104
Been busting nuts on her since 12
>>
File: Lucy-Liu-Sexy.jpg (194KB, 651x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lucy-Liu-Sexy.jpg
194KB, 651x600px
>>80299532
are you, by chance, a ghost?
>>
It's comfy. Far better than BBC Sherlock as Sherlock gets some humanity. Sherlock and Joan are BFFs and not lovers.
>>
I stopped watching it for reasons I don't know (I think I watched through season 2), but I liked it a lot.

And as said above, definitely better than Sherlock.
>>
It makes me think about plowing Lucy Liu's barren loins.
>>
>>80299104
it turns to shit the season before the season of episodes ripped straight from digg
>>
File: IMG_3080.jpg (58KB, 360x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3080.jpg
58KB, 360x460px
>>80299564
Shes my first and last crush. Old man now, shes still numbero uno
>>
I dropped it once Moriarty was revealed
>>
>>80299104
i binged half an episode and thought it was pretty boring so i turned it off
>>
>>80299598
>bromance

>>80299720
I was referring to this ;)
http://dreamstudies.org/2012/03/14/the-ecstasy-of-lucy-liu-erotic-encounters-in-hypnagogia/
>>
>>80299104
I'm about to finish season 2 and I'm surprised at how much I love it. I still needed more Holmes to watch after Sherlock and gave it a try and now I like it way more than Sherlock. It's a worse adaptation with a worse premise and worse direction but at least it has more character and it doesn't trip over its dick with all the big story shit.
>>
>>80299104
season 1 is good but not great. the rest is not. it suffers because it follows the "make a prediction 20 minutes in and always be wrong" structure that all crime dramas have. you can't do that when you're sherlock holmes. it makes him look like a retard. change the format and save the show. lucy liu is used too much for exposition. it's watchable at best. just because it's better than the last few seasons of sherlock doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>80299843
Him and Gregson would've made a nice couple.
>>
File: 1471300094148.jpg (745KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1471300094148.jpg
745KB, 1280x1811px
>>80299891
Moriarty and Watson would make a nice couple, too.
>>
>>80299891
Gregson doesn't like him though, doesn't even consider him a friend. He just likes what Holmes does.
>>
Jonny Lee Miller is far superior to Benadryl Currantbun
>>
>>80299937
I can't stand benedictcumberbatch's monotone voice when he plays Sherlock, like a exposition machine.
>>
>>80299936
That's not true, that was a just don't go doing anymore attempted murder stuff, I'm your boss speech. Holmes also considers him a friend
>>
>>80299564
she may be old but i'd still be her footslave 2bh
>>
>>80299932
Yes.

>>80299936
Holmes seems like he's trying to overimpress Gregson. Yeah, they're friends, but there's a little bit of a daddy kink going on.
>>
It gets better, Best portrayal of anonymous, Better than Sherlock, Lucy Liu a shit, Kitty best girl
>>
>>80300169
I don't care for Kitty
she's ok I guess
liked the Sherlock-Watson-as-parents dynamic with her, though
>>
I wish they would show more tranny Miss Hudson. I used to Jack it to her when I thought it was a woman in Dity Sexy Money
>>
File: IMG_3079.jpg (98KB, 1051x1400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3079.jpg
98KB, 1051x1400px
This is now a goddess amongst mortals thread
>>
>>80300097
I'm not really into feet/legs, but they tease the fuck outta you in this show with Lucy's outfits..
>>
>>80299104
I like it.

It is very middle of the road and is a good time sink for casual watching. It is the very definition of "vanilla" tv. Sherlocks character doesn't get in the way of the show like most versions do.

I think it is outstandingly better than the BBC's Sherlock. BBC's Sherlock series feels like watching a really bad episode of Doctor Who for some reason. Terrible writing, jumping the shark, and terrible comedy. I dropped it.

I don't even compare Elementary's Sherlock to Jeremy Brett's Sherlock (the best Sherlock that IS Sherlock) because Elementary's Sherlock is in its own genre and caliber of character. Which is a breath of fresh air in the "smartest person in the room" genre.

>tfw I wrote too much about this shit
>>
>>80299104
Asa Akira looks hot
>>
>>80299104
>>80299564
>>80299720
>>80300453
damn. i never realized how genuinely gorgeous she is
>>
>>80300981
>BBC's Sherlock series feels like watching a really bad episode of Doctor Who for some reason.
Sherlock being revealed as a time lord would actually save the show desu
>>
>>80299104
>Caring about Sherlock adaptations post Jeremy Brett that don't have Ian McKellen or Jared Harris

I'm not a pleb, man
>>
>>80299104

The funny thing is this version of Sherlock is a more realistic depiction of an anti-social person, his life was such a mess that it's easier for him to just stay away from other people than risk getting close to anyone and he comes off as an asshole.

Meanwhile BBC-Sherlock is le ebin sociopath just like da joker who is such an expert at manipulation and reading people he can tell your entire life story from one microexpression other than when he is written as autistic for comedy purposes then he can't tell if two people are making fun of him right in front of him if they don't explicitly say his name.
>>
>>80301115
If that happened I might pick it back up. It was getting too convoluted and "look how smart and socially inept I am". It is like they want him as a role model to fuck up children socially or something. The original Sherlock in the books and Brett's simply had disdain for stupidity and wanted their methods of logical thinking to be more prolific. They weren't NEET sperges the BBC's Sherlock seems to be.
>>
Really decent show. Decent 1st season, slips a little in season 2, season 3 is its best season and season 4 is comfy. Its pretty great that Watson becomes a good detective in her own right unlike the lacky in Sherlock. I do wish that the was more personal development for Watson and Bell. Also, Watson getting a new wardrobe every season is great. That mini-skirt season was top-tier
>>
>>80301367
Yeah, one thing Elementary seems to do correctly is actual character development. They learn, change, and move on to new things. They don't stagnate, they develop friendships, and those friendships end up helping them when they fall back or start to stagnate. As such, the entire show is really built more around a healthy mental state than any other (both regular tv show and Sherlock-based shows/movies).
>>
Was fine the first two season, then they fucked with the format too much with the new assistant, and sherlock mundering someone, and drugs etc.
>>
>>80300276

Her clashing with Watson was great though. The stick fight they had in the middle of the street was not
>>
>>80301452
>The stick fight they had in the middle of the street was not

As someone who works around people who are trained via military and through martial arts dojos, it was a fairly accurate response. They tend to do that exact thing to settle shit. Last time one tried to do that exact thing to me at least he was only using a spoon. It still hurt like fuck. It really is a weird vibe.
>>
>>80301443

This. Great example of this is in early season 5 Sherlock points out to Watson that she's been a detective for as long as she was sober companion and if she thinks that she'll get bored now. That sort of thing gets ignored way to often. I do hate how little romance there is though. It makes me think that Sherlock x Watson is the show's endgame, which would be terrible. I'm weirdly pulling for Bell and Watson.
>>
>>80301538

It was still pretty lame. I dont mind them fighting but it happening like it did with people just walking by was weird.
>>
>>80301303
>It was getting too convoluted
That's just Moffat stroking his own dick again. He is literally the cancer killing Dr. Who and Sherlock. He's only good when he has other people to reel him in, like most writers.
>>
>>80301583
I don't think they will ever get together
I would like something like "we trust each other, we're kinda lonely, so why not raise a child together" as the endgame though. And name the kid Clyde..
>>
>>80301583
Don't worry, word of god is that Sherlock x Watson will never happen.
>>
>>80299104
it's ok. Has quite a lot of "strong independant woman" moments, but Sherlock's acting and the somewhat believable crime mysteries makes up for it.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7KB, 284x177px
Best sherlock Holmes adaptation coming through
>>
>>80301710
>>80301689
>>80301583
http://nypost.com/2016/01/28/elementary-star-miller-sherlock-and-watson-wont-hook-up/

>“Elementary” has, so far, steered away from any romance between Holmes and Watson.

"I think we’re all on the same page here as far as that goes. Holmes and Watson’s relationship is sacred, and if you change that, then the show is not about Holmes and Watson anymore. There are some things you can play with and some you can’t. The fact that one’s a man and one’s a woman is irrelevant; it’s who they are as people that’s important. The original Holmes and Watson were not romantically involved and, therefore, neither should we [be romantically involved]. It’s good to have people’s minds racing and thinking one thing or another, but we’re in the Holmes and Watson business. That won’t change unless someone else swoops in and takes over and turns the ship upside-down."
>>
>>80301790
>le House is Holmes meme
>>
>>80301689
>>80301710

You say this but Watson hasnt even had sex since her bf got btfo and Sherlock has now grown into someone that came have a normal relationship. Its very possible with the pace they're going at.

Speaking of pace, do the showrunners realise that their show is on the verge of cancellation? The show is still going like its going to get 8 seasons or something
>>
>>80301881
I hope for a 13 episodes season 6, that will probably be the last, that's the best you can hope for atm I think.
>>
>>80301833

Im sure he doesnt want it to happen but look what happened with Castle. Nathan Fillion was against Castle x Beckett but it still happened
>>
>>80301971
that show was focused around Castle x Beckett since episode 1 though. Elementary has more going on.
>>
>>80299104
Lucy Liu is a goddess and it has the best Moriarty.
>>
>>80301939
>13 episodes

The show works so much better with with 24. If they got 13, I'm afraid they do a story like the Mycroft and Morland stories which were really weak. They should treat season 5 as its last.
>>
>>80301863
> it fits
>>
JLM is fantastic in the role. For being largely a case of the week show, the writing is surprisingly good.

I never would've believed that a Holmes adaptation set in present day NY with an Asian woman as Watson would be good, but here we are.
>>
>>80302005
>Elementary has more going on.

It doesnt really. Sherlock and Waston are by far more complex but the supporting characters are weak compared to Castle
>>
>>80302093
>JLM is fantastic in the role

His work in season 4 is so underrated. I reckon he was one the best actors from last year.
>>
>>80302130
but with Castle, you had a "Castle and Beckett belong to each other!!11" moment every episode.
>>
SHERLOCK is fucking garbage, last episode was fucking retarded. All is lost and brits cant write for shit.
>>
>>80301661
It is all about body language. When you are trained, it just jumps out at you that something is going to go down. However, if one person isn't trained, they tend not to respond to the body language of the other person and that alone can defuse the situation and nothing occurs from it.
>>
>that episode which begins with a woman committing suicide and trying to frame the man she believes killed her sister

Season 2 episode 9. That shit is intense.
>>
>>80302206

There was a will they/wont they thing but it wasnt heavy till about season 5.
>>
>>80302084
then who is watson? it can't be wilson or cutty (obviously), so who is it? is his team collectively "watson"? that's fucking stupid.

house = sherlock is stupid
>>
>>80302383

>then who is watson?

Its Wilson. Obviously.
>>
>>80300477
She has a hot face and sexy legs, every episode they get her to wear something to give you a boner, she's really sexy for a milf asian
>>
>>80302521

Shes wearing full suits with gloves in season 5 so the only time you see anything is when she's in her pjs
>>
Why did sherlock dump his autistic girlfriend? Did she get cast in another show what?
>>
>>80301790
>every "case" is the same
>sherlock
>>
>>80303078

Use spoiler tags and yes
>>
>>80302515
no it isn't (obviously)

wilson = watson is stupid. house = sherlock is stupid. you are stupid.
>>
Mycroft is garbage
>>
>>
File: House - 221B Baker St.jpg (94KB, 1143x667px) Image search: [Google]
House - 221B Baker St.jpg
94KB, 1143x667px
>>80301790
>>80301863
>le House is Holmes meme
It's not a fucking meme.
House = Holmes
Wilson = Watson
He lives at 221B Baker St
>>
File: elementary-s01e23e24.png (206KB, 610x342px) Image search: [Google]
elementary-s01e23e24.png
206KB, 610x342px
Who /Irene/ here?
>>
As a tortoise owner, I fucking love it
>>
File: elementary-304-clyde.jpg (22KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
elementary-304-clyde.jpg
22KB, 550x309px
>>80305105

Is their portrayal of tortoises accurate? I thought they were a pain in the ass
>>
>>80301452

Liu sign a goddamn good contract with this show where probably she stipulated that Watsons need to appear always great, jeez, some of the clothes and the style, she always look so great. I love especialy is bussines suit with a bow tie...

BTW, Ophelia child.... is Sherlock the father? Seems implied....
>>
File: 12412332312.jpg (226KB, 1536x1026px) Image search: [Google]
12412332312.jpg
226KB, 1536x1026px
>>80305553
You need a correct setup
i;e heat, UV lighting, humidity, enough space, areas to hide, substrate
also give them a good, healthy, varied diet
but it's not hard once you get them set up.
The tort in the show is very healthy looking, it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of the crew/cast's pets lmao
>>
It's literally stupid.
>>
Well, she's involved with the production of the show and directs so she decides the style for the season
>>
Lucy Liu has been phoning it in since season 3
>>
Post more Lucy
>>
>>80302206
What? The second season ended with Beckett dumping her boy hoping to jump on Castle but he decided to reunite with his ex-wife.

The only season they didn't go heavy on CastlexBeckett was the first.
>>
>>80304797
I didn't like Irene but I liked Morland Holmes
>>
>>80306738
>Morland Holmes

Why? He was so bland
>>
>>80299104
Elementary is a light weight gnome alternative. Written in vara, obviously. It's got a mixed bag with its stock apps, plenty of updates, and smooth work place management.
>>
>>80299104
ayy
>>
File: ElementaryS03E01-06-400-sg.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
ElementaryS03E01-06-400-sg.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>80302302

It was weird
>>
>>80302246

wew
>>
>>80306872
He was an interesting addition and his backstory fit well with everything else we knew about Sherlock
>>
>>80307229
Nice Eskrima action.
>>
>>80308278

Him turning out to be harmless was predictable and now hes gone. He might as well of not existed
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.