[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kids movie about a boy who lives with depressed monsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: WTWTA.png (500KB, 719x392px) Image search: [Google]
WTWTA.png
500KB, 719x392px
>kids movie about a boy who lives with depressed monsters that want to kill him

How did they get away with this?
>>
This movie is underrated as fuck.

Literally nobody talks about it. First thread i've probably seen about it since release.
>>
>>80288239
I think I tried out for the role of the kid when I was younger. Never happened but every so often I'd get updates about it.

Seeing it in theaters was a strange experience. I remember thinking it was a little long but the ending where he leaves made me really sad.

Been a while though.
>>
>>80288279
there have been threads about it, there's just not much to talk about. Like the picture book, it was utter straight forward and direct. spike jonze can direct the fuck out of some childhood angst flicks, though.
>>
>>80288279

I avoided it for the longest time until last night when I decided to check it out.

Couldn't believe the level of kino I witnessed in a children's movie.
>>
I thought this movie was shit.
The monster's weren't fun, they were all a bunch of whiny emo bitches.

>WAHHH WHY DOES NOBODY LIKE ME
>>
>>80288279

Spike Jonze, Dave Eggers, Karen O.

It's a dream team.
>>
>>80289124

>Hipster detected
>>
>>80289091

you wanted a happy monster movie?
>>
Has there been a movie since that tricked parents into seeing it with their kids this hard?
>>
What is film?
>>
>>80290107

where the wild things are
>>
>>80288239
I hated this movie, all I remember was the kid being some autistic brat that'd scream and cry
>>
>>80288279
No one talks about it because it was a garbage indie flick
>>
File: sausage-party-poster.jpg (3MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
sausage-party-poster.jpg
3MB, 2025x3000px
>>80290012
>>
>>80288239
It's a weird fucking film. Turns near-horror when the main monster rips the chicken's arm off then chases the kid through the woods. Then at the end when they send the kid off the monsters look less sad that the kid is leaving, and more sad that the kid came in the first place and caused them a lot of pain.
>>
>>80290641
SWEDES OUT
>>
>>80289729
Who are you quoting? :^)
>>
>>80290663

>kid comes in and lies to them throughout the entire movie

he never should have came
>>
>>80288239
>movie for teens and young adults who grew uo with the book
>It's about depression
>they like it because they're all depressed

We really are regressing as a species.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.