[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was actually pretty good. I don't fully understand what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

It was actually pretty good.

I don't fully understand what was going on, but what I'm guessing is:

The whole movie is a dream, showing glimpses of what Diane was like before her real life self was coming into view. I guess like a dream where you're waking up to reality, I'm guessing it's the same here?

I'm also guessing like (in dream-theory), like what you see in real life can be dreamed differently in your sleep?

Also, recommend me more movies like this, I'm interested.
>>
everything before the sex scene was a TV pilot for ABC. They passed on it so Lynch came up with the last 20 minutes and they filmed it and tacked it on at the end to attempt to give it some sort of ending.
>>
>>80285090
>muh dream world

Why is Lynch incapable of coherent story-telling?
>>
Wrong OP. It means nothing. He put a bunch of bullshit on camera and doesn't know what it means himself because he's an """"""""artiste"""""""""""
>>
Finland Empire is similar, but also incomprehensible.

You should watch Eraserhead if you haven't already.
>>
>>80285090
Watch Persona

>>80285405
He is have you ever seen Blue Velvet, Eraseread, Elephant Man or Twin Peaks?
>>
>>80285506
>Eraserhead
>coherent story-telling
>>
>>80285405
The Straight Story
It's literally in the title
>>
>>80285090

I think the dream theory is too easy.

I prefer the bardo theory.

http://www.near-death.com/religion/buddhism/afterlife-beliefs.html
http://www.mulholland-drive.net/studies/art_religious.htm
http://thenightshirt.com/?p=10
http://www.bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/sight-sound-magazine/features/remain-light-mulholland-dr-and-cosmogony-david-lynch
>>
>>80285590
>watch the straight story
>expect a straight story
>its not straight
>there is in fact, nothing straight about this story at all

I watched that movie once years ago and I'm still getting flashes of what scenes actually meant.
>>
>>80286441

And old guy drives his riding lawnmower 240 miles to see his estranged brother.

What else is there?
>>
I always thought it was about Hollywood dehumanizing tons of women. I am retarded though
>>
>>80286537
well, for starters, the reason his retarded daughter had all her kids taken away is because they were his kids.
>>
It's the fever dream of a woman on the precipice of suicide, distraught over the recent confirmation that she did in fact have the woman she loved killed.

It's her mind's last ditch escape, taking her back to her first day in LA, except this time everyone's really nice to her and she's really likeable and talented.

Eventually though, her subconscious decides enough is enough and forces her to accept that she is in a dream and that she needs to wake up, it does this by literally sitting her in an audience, telling her "none of this is real", and emphasizing the point with the whole fainting singer bit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.