[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they trying to humanize Major with all this "you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

Why are they trying to humanize Major with all this "you had a family" "they stole your life" shit? Wasn't she just a cyborg in the OG movie?
>>
>>80268334
Normies
>>
>>80268334
because certain things work in different mediums and markets. For your average weeb retard, leaving those details out is fine. For the general public, you have to appeal to a larger group of retards.
>>
You don't really know anything about her past in the movie.

Stand Alone Complex 2 suggests she was in a plane crash and was given a fully prosthetic body as a child.
>>
She was a human who got a completely cybernetic body at a very young age. As she got older they put her in older looking models
>>
>>80268334
because westerners and normies need an origin story, not just hints

world building is for autists
>>
>>80268334
Does the actual suit have decent shadows? The Japanese love shadows in their compositions, just lettin ya know
>>
Normies need their sob stories.
>>
>>80268427
that was in SAC 1
>>
File: 1486980144485.jpg (1MB, 1470x2290px) Image search: [Google]
1486980144485.jpg
1MB, 1470x2290px
>>80268334
She actually looks good there
>>
>>80268951

In SAC 1 they just say she was cyborg almost all of her life, in 2nd gig we see some of the past but they never explicitly say it was major.
>>
>>80268334
Yeah. Manga had her confirmed part human but had her own doubts, movie had her heavily leaning robot, SAC had "tales" but left ambigous on the reality, and Wake had her... confirmed dubbed, I think, I never finished it.
>>
>>80268334
The fact that her body is replaced by a more fitting cgi body for a bunch of scenes makes this seem more watchable.
>>
>>80268957
JESUS CHRIST MORE
>>
>>80269398
Thats an obvious shop faggot
>>
>>80268427
>>80268951

From what I remember from the series, it was the episode with Major Kusanagi helping in training the new recruits. I think it was the second season, because the second season had the boy who was folding origami cranes with his one working hand. Anyway, she happens upon some king of antique shop with prosthetic bodies of a boy and a girl and the shopkeeper would tell the Major about that tale with the accident and everything. I don't remember the shopkeeper telling her who the prosthetic bodies belonged to, but yeah, I think the second season seemed to hint that the female prosthetic body and the girl in the story was the Major, and the boy grew up to be that guy who went against his Individual 11 programming, there was also something about him trying to help immigrants or something. Maybe they left all this out of the movie because it's just too much for one film.

Come to think of it, I never really watched the original Anime movie, just the Anime series on Adult Swim. I've never really paid any attention to the movie trailers for the new film. Do they show the Major with her jacket she always wears in the Anime series?
>>
>>80268334
Because every cyborg cop movie has to be robocop
>>
>>80268334
DUDE BECAUSE NORMALFAGS CANT RELATE UNLESS CHARACTER IS IN LOVE/HAD/HAS A FAMILY LMAO
>>
>>80269543
She has an orange leather jacket in the movie briefly, but she changes outfits often.
>>
>>80268334
The writer clearly imprinted on the SAC version shown on adult swim and wanted to add it to the movie version for the film.
>>
>>80268334
No it wasn't. Her parents both died in the car crash that cost her body and she had no other family. They certainly get into the whole millitary basically owning her in the later series but it's a lot better done and it really isn't the main focus of the shows. They never outright say she belongs to them. It's more she'd be dead without the body they gave her and the maintenance they pay for. This typical American action movie garbage.
>>
>>80269543
She leaves behind a small origami crane folded from the sugar-cube wrapper, which all but confirms that she was the young girl in the flashback.

The boy didn't want to get a full prosthetic because he was afraid he couldn't fold cranes anymore so he told the young girl that if she could fold one crane with her cyborg body that he would get a full-prosthetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 620x387px
Luckily there's already a better western Makoto.
Though I think, just like what was added in the '95 movie, it's more of a Blade Runner influence.
Basically if Rachel acheived somewhat sentience and went undercover as Decker, but the feel is the same as if movie GitS' Makoto was police instead of military and the story was focused on regular people (local level) instead of government level/entities.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 600x358px
>>80269931
>>
>>80269567
/thread
>>
File: sj.png (658KB, 1274x455px) Image search: [Google]
sj.png
658KB, 1274x455px
>>
>>80270681
Too bad she's not back in her prime.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.