[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the prophecy says the hero will beat the bad guy and make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

>the prophecy says the hero will beat the bad guy and make everything right
How does outright telling you the MC will win make for an interesting premise? Why aren't there histories where the hero is trying to make a prophecy not come true instead?
>>
The Harry Potter fandom is made up of people who like everything to be safe to be left unchallenged.
>>
check out maps to the stars by david cronenberg
>>
honestly just fuck prophecies in general. they always come true in some fashion so there's never any tension, and when some no name schmuck has this great adventure thrust on him because some prophecy told him so, it feels forced. like the character doesn't need drive to do the right thing, they'll do it anyway because the prophecy says so. fuck that noise.
>>
>>80239270

Reminder Harry Potter was nothing more than a marketing experiment by Bloomsbury. They read the books, knew they were shit after every other publisher turned them down and decided to see if they could make a shit load of money off of them for how bad they are and they were right.
>>
>>80239270
Studies have shown that people enjoy things more when people know how they end.

I think one of the reasons for that was that they could focus more on what was happening right now, since they didn't spend as much time thinking about how things will turn out.
>>
>>80239363
It called coincidence you moron, prophecies TURN OUT to be true.

>Lol some fag many centuries from now will surely kill Rakum the Dark One Im sure any day now
>>
>>80239477
but it's never "yeah someone's bound to slay the dragon king eventually" it's always "oh yeah this specific guy right here is going to slay the dragon king, look at how marketable he is, how could he not slay him."
>>
>>80239270
>>80239299
>caring about plot
>implying it isn't about the journey
>implying lord of the rings isn't the sane and we don't know the ring will be destroyed
What did the autists mean by this?
>>
>>80239747
There's no prophecy in LOTR though, at least not one that says the heroes will win. It's just a pointless plot element, that's all.
>>
>Reading books with "good guys" and "bad guys"

Just read comics you fucking children
>>
File: 1365487853691.jpg (605KB, 2600x1127px) Image search: [Google]
1365487853691.jpg
605KB, 2600x1127px
WHY ARE THERE NO MOVIES WHERE THE BAD GUY THEN SITS ON TOP OF THE HERO AND BEATS HIS FUCKING FACE TO BLOODY PULP? AND THEN TURNS TO SCREEN AND SAYS HAHA YOU BETA NU-MALE FAGS ARE YOU HAPPY NOW? HAHAA~

RECOMMEND ME 7 SAMURAIS WHERE THAT HAPPENS
>>
File: 1485857096081.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1485857096081.png
98KB, 612x491px
>>80239373
>>
>>80239270
>>the prophecy says the hero will beat the bad guy

No it doesn't.
>>
>>80240282
Is there supposed to be a common theme between the people on that picture?
>>
does the copypasta still turn up on harry potter threads?
>>
File: strength cia.png (413KB, 545x1040px) Image search: [Google]
strength cia.png
413KB, 545x1040px
>>80240966
MR BRAINLET I'M CIA
>>
>>80241148
pls
>>
File: Ootp.jpg (2MB, 5760x2384px) Image search: [Google]
Ootp.jpg
2MB, 5760x2384px
>>80239901
See
>>80240812
The prophecy says harry will either win or lose. One of them will die.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.