[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the best film I have ever seen. It's quite simply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 12312535123.jpg (1MB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
12312535123.jpg
1MB, 1600x2400px
This is the best film I have ever seen. It's quite simply flawless.

Peak realist art.
>>
>>80238237
>inb4
>>
"based on a work of fiction"

Hmmm.
>>
i bought this film last year, but i havent seen it yet

the problem is that nobody is ever in the mood to watch a holocaust film, so i just never watch it
>>
>>80238237
The direction of the movie is really good; lots of great visual communication, but there is absolutely no nuance applied to the Nazi soldiers. They're all portrayed as cackling monsters.

And before anyone points to Schindler, he was an opportunist, not a real Nazi.

There are lots of depictions of outright sadism from the Nazi soldiers, other than Goeth, who's depiction was correct, throughout the movie. They are like laughing hyenas from start to finish. They laugh as they burn the massive pile of bodies, as they raid the ghetto, as they clear out the ghetto that night, as the Poles moan in the trains, as they hunt the kids, as they make the prisoners do circuits.

It's tiresome. It'd be a far more interesting to show men that didn't derive such pleasure from these actions but did them anyway.
>>
>>80238313
Why do you need to be in the mood?

Watch it tonight. It's peak Spielberg. It's as good as a film can get.
>>
>>80238353
Das Boot is pretty good.
>>
probably the best fantasy film ever made
>>
>>80238353

i think early on in the war, a lot of the nazis in charge of the extermination of the jews were picked because of their enthusiasm for the task. there were plenty of other tasks for less willing nazi soldiers to do instead.

so maybe it makes sense.
>>
>>80238353
They picked the worst of the worst to work in the ghettos. The soldiers you quite literally are scum.
>>
>>80238421
>holocaust
>real

STOP
https://youtu.be/Dda-0Q_XUhk
>>
>>80238353
They can't because moviegoers need to believe that the characters personally get off on such actions rather than the possibility that they themselves are victims trapped within a hierarchy.
>>
>>80238378
Not even in Spielberg's top 5.
>>
>>80238237
>by Steven Spielberg
>berg
Do memes just write themselves?
>>
https://youtu.be/80GgRWuXcO8
This is on the special features dvd.
>>
>>80238353
You know why they were portraid like that? Cause in occupied Poland they were exactly like this. Read some books.
>>
>>80238237
good historical fantasy
>>
>>80238237
nice /pol/b8, OP
>>
>>80238274
But it literally is. For some reason, never watched the film, but I have read the book it's based on. The author wrote a story based on a story told by a jew who liked Schindler. Of course it's fiction, reality is not cool enough.

Almost cried at end, when everyone hated Schindler because his was a nazi and he died depressed and alone
>>
File: 4806970_tml.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
4806970_tml.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>80240164
>>80238421
I wonder who is behind these 2 posts
>>
>>80238353
The people involved in these units were monsters irl. Look up dirlewanger. Guy was a major officer and had sex with corpses
>>
>>80240795
hogwash
>>
>>80238237
>realistic

What did the Holocaust mean by this?
>>
>>80238313
Fucking this, I can never get myself in the mood for Jewish kvetching about the Holocaust, it's just so boring, and I've seen it all before.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.