/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok so I just went through a thread and I saw that a guy thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: TrueDetectiveDVDCover.jpg (36KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
TrueDetectiveDVDCover.jpg
36KB, 250x350px
ok so I just went through a thread and I saw that a guy thought this show is supporting antinatalism

I want to respond and say that at the end of the series when he felt love and his daughter means taht he realised that there is more to life than he realised before. The show doesn't support antinatalism because the arc of the main is character is how he leaves that sad shit behind and has hope for once
>>
>>80206954
>antinatalism

What's antinatalism?
>>
I want to know why people pretend it's Lovecraftian. People still say that meme to this day, acting like it wasn't a failed fan theory.
>>
>>80206954
i prefer the ending where rust doesnt live
>>
>>80207027
People who don't want to have kids and employ elaborate mental gymnastics to declare this as virtuous.
>>
>>80206954
Yeah no. He realizes that anything he feels is still just chemicals going off in his brain. But he decides to go with it. It's kinda bittersweet, at least that's my interpretation.

>>80207075
You don't need supernatural horror to be Lovecraftian. What happens in that series still points to how there's stuff beyond the scope and control of ordinary humans, how ultimately we're just specks of dust and sometimes ignorance is better than knowledge.
>>
>>80207153
Oh, so millennial fantasies.

>>80207104
gay
>>
>>80207288
idk
Richard Stallman is one, so it seams to be older than that.
I only ever met one of them, wierd.
Like talking to someone with a really fringe worldview, nothing he said registered as an actual argument from my perspective.
I had a creaping suspicion that he was just to afraid/lazy to be a dad, but he did manage to turn that into a whole worldview/identity.
>>
>>80207413
that's sad, I guess that's the stage you get to when you don't accept it, or can't continue justifying it with saving money, or personal pleasure.
>>
>>80207288
>>80207413
American education
>>
>>80207104
Same. I felt that the joyous, happy ending contradicted everything leading up to it
>>
>>80207665
>millennial education
>>
>>80207768
I am a millenial though, and I'm ashamed that I'm sharing this board with such retards.
>>
>>80207288
Millenial fantasies? You mean owning a home, working someplace you don't hate, or having affordable first world healthcare?
>>
>>80207854
i'm not one to bash millenials, i would not want to trade with them
> working someplace you don't hate
is a fantasy though, for <90% of every generation
>>
>>80207413
i can understand that someone doesn't want to have children but what is the point of creating this ideology around it to rationalize it
>>
>>80208111
invalidate the disapproval of their peers, maybe?

analog to:
> i don't need to lose weight, i choose being obese, i like this and want this and everyone who disagrees is just an asshole

then there are also people who are drawn to self sacrifice by their nature, there are people who enjoy being beaten or humiliated and they will of course be drawn to views that sanctify that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.