[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this Kino, fake-kino, pretentious kino, or a decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: macbeth1-2015.jpg (138KB, 936x1404px) Image search: [Google]
macbeth1-2015.jpg
138KB, 936x1404px
So was this Kino, fake-kino, pretentious kino, or a decent attempt at kino?
>>
It was a faithful adaptation of Macbeth. If you like the Bard, it was Kino. If you don't, it was unwatchable nonsense.
>>
>>80204506
Pretentious kino without question.
>>
>>80205179
kill thou self
>>
>>80204506
decent attempt
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-11-22h59m49s556.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-11-22h59m49s556.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
Kino.
>>
It was a good adaption made great by cinematography and music. Even if I didn't understand every word they were saying (or understand every intricate element of the plot, since its been so long since high school), I still enjoyed it
>>
A failed experiment. Shakespearian dialogue doesn't work in that sort of "gritty", naturalistic delivery. Also there were some strange omissions and deviations from the play

Polanski's version is still the best (I don't count Throne of Blood)
>>
>>80204506
The film looked good but it was a terrible adaptation.

The inclusion of the scene at the start where they are putting their dead baby on a funeral pyre, and the way they portray Lady Macbeth's madness towards the end, completely changes the circumstances surrounding the Lady's character and in doing so completely changes the interpretation of the story. They ruined Lady Macbeth by portraying her as someone suffering the loss of a child (which didn't occur in the play) rather than someone who intentionally represses her conscience and thereby suffers from the denial of what she knows to be wrong.

The scene where she's supposed to be sleep-walking and her repressed conscience is bubbling to the surface from her subconscious is replaced by her being wide awake and staring longingly at the ground while imagining her dead child (that wasn't in the book). The film treated her as a victim of mental instability caused by a previous tragedy rather than an unscrupulous manipulator whose ambition instigated the horrors of the story. The film attempts to entirely relieve her of culpability.

It's Lady Macbeth: Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity/PTSD Edition
>>
>>80206020

I didn't mind the delivery of the dialogue.
>>
>>80204544
It wasn't that faithful, it give them a dead child to be their motivation. And it completely twists the 'is this a dagger I see before me' monologue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.