[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Melfi use Tony's mob connections to kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: The Sopranos.png (733KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Sopranos.png
733KB, 853x480px
Why didn't Melfi use Tony's mob connections to kill the guy who raped her after getting screwed over by the justice system?
>>
cuz moral high ground and audience blue balls
>>
>>80200669
God I hate blue balls
>>
>>80200689
'ey at least yers ain't broken!
>>
>>80200624
She didn't want to start a mob war between Star Bucks and the Soprano family.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 250x250px
you know Quasimodo predicted all this
>>
Having the power to have that guy killed was enough for her to deal with it.
>>
>>80200624
Murder is wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right.
>>
File: 1488375356546.jpg (84KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
1488375356546.jpg
84KB, 441x441px
Because she didn't want to get closer to him.
A murder would definitely tie them both closer together, she would also turn into a witness.

don't get involved with the mob is always the smartest decision.
>>
>>80202314
This. The whole issue of being raped for her as a strong, professional woman is that the rape robbed her of her sense of control. Being able to have the guy killed is enough to reaffirm she's in control
>>
>>80200624
Because she isn't retarded
She has deniability in her dealings with Tony since they never spoke explicitly about his business and just the fact that she knew she could have him killed was enough for her.
I still think she should have found some way to get the guy killed though, if only for the fact that he might try to do the same to someone else someday.
>>
>>80200624
>implying Tony didn't send out the rapist himself
>>
>>80202441
this. we the audience don't necessarily want to admit it but having Tony murder her rapist would put Melfi in his debt, and that would only lead to bad things down the line
>>
plotwise, >>80202441
thematically, >>80200669

a big point of the show was to make the petty, violent, amoral scumminess of mobsters more meaningful by making the audience sympathetic to it, instead of portraying them as some distant abstract villains

melfi's role here is to do The Right Thing, in likely defiance of what the audience - who usually think of themselves as "good people" - find themselves hoping for
>>
Childhood is wanting melfi have the rapist killed.

Adulthood is realising she did the right thing.
>>
>>80203325
I just started Season 5 and lost any sympathy towards the mob characters or their family.
They all lack a basic respect for human life or are happy with reaping the benefits the mafia provides.
>>
>>80203508
cringe
>>
>>80204523
idiot
>>
>>80204578
double cringe
>>
>>80204675
why even bother cringing in the first place
it simply wasn't cringe-worthy
that meme hardly ever is
save your cringes, faggot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.