[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine you have the power to go back in time and change this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: x-men origins wolverine.jpg (76KB, 535x716px) Image search: [Google]
x-men origins wolverine.jpg
76KB, 535x716px
Imagine you have the power to go back in time and change this movie into a darker, R-rated film more in line in tone with Logan. How do you do it? What's the plot? Which parts and characters do you keep and what do you change?
>>
>>80198458
2 hours of Wolvering screaming in agony as he gets adamantium pumped into his body, then he escapes and slaughters everyone and then credits.
>>
>>80198458

It's just logan and sabertooth, instead of fastforwarding through their early lives show how their fraternal relationship breaks down
>>
>>80198521
>instead of fastforwarding through their early lives
But this is the only thing that was good there
>>
File: dudepeel.jpg (64KB, 992x595px) Image search: [Google]
dudepeel.jpg
64KB, 992x595px
>>80198458
I get rid of Will I Am and Gambit.

and above all, DudePeel. There, rating doesn't even matter.
>>
>>80198562

That's what I mean ya dingus, instead of it being just the first 2 minutes give each of those time periods proper focus
>>
>>80198499
I'd watch it
>>
I would make some kind of mix between an adaptation of the Origin comic and his time in Weapon X. So to completely understand this you should have at least read a synopsis of Origin.

The movie would start off with Logan fighting in Vietnam and getting severly wounded but surviving, which would in turn gain the attention of William Stryker (who is a military scientist, like he said he was in X2). Stryker recruits Wolverine into his Weapon X program where he is joined alongside Sabertooth, Kestrel, Maverick and Silver Fox. The Weapon X scenes are basically Wolverine doing the black-ops shit alluded to in X2, done all gritty and violent with a war movie asthetic, and here we also establish a rivalry between him and Sabertooth and a romantic relationship between him and Silver Fox. The plot alternates between this storyline and flashbacks to Logan's youth, which is a almost direct adaptation of Origin, with his relationships with Rose and Dog paralleling those with Silver Fox and Sabertooth.
>>
File: X2WolverineOrigin.jpg (143KB, 900x384px) Image search: [Google]
X2WolverineOrigin.jpg
143KB, 900x384px
>>80198735
Eventually it would lead into a mission where the Weapon X team is sent to steal adamantium from the Russians, who have their own mutant soldier, Omega Red, a mutant with healing powers similar to Logan's who intends to use the adamantium to give himself those metal tentacles he has in the comics (he never gets them here though, since we don't want this to turn into complete schlock). During this mission Maverick, Kestrel and Silver Fox all die, and Wolverine faces off against Omega Red. He kills him but is left severly and brutally damaged and unconscious. This is followed by a flashback to the part of Origin where Dog tracks him down and he accidentally kills Rose. He then awakens in Stryker's care. Stryker wants to do something similar to what Omega Red intended and turn Wolverine into a super-soldier by merging him with the adamantium. With all his team-mates (except Sabertooth) dead, including his love-interest, and his memory forever haunted by the fact that he killed his previous love interest, Logan agrees to the procedure, feeling that he has nothing else to live for anyway. This is more in line what Stryker told him in X2, rather than the whole "he was tricked into it" bullshit.

The procedure goes wrong and Wolverine goes on a rampage and kills a bunch of soldiers and scientists (including Dale Rice, Zander Rice's father) and escapes. Stryker sends Sabretooth to retrieve his weapon and the final climactic battle of the movie is the two of them duking it out in the snowy forest. The battle end when Wolverine jams his claws into Sabertooth's head (which he survives, but it leaves him permanently brain-damage, explaining why he is the way he is in X1). The movie ends with Wolverine alone in the forest with most of his memories gone. He's at this point more animal than man, which is a nice way to end the first movie in the trilogy, since in the final movie it end swith him being the other way around.
>>
the casting for gambit and sabertooth are the only good things about this movie.

aside from the hilarious unfinished version of course
>>
>>80198458
I'd just make it an entire film based around the intro of Origins, following the brothers through different times and wars to build up the bond between them.
>>
>>80198458

Just read the original draft. Tom Rothman changed everything. Fuck that guy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.