[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ridley Scott is literally senile. https://www.yahoo.com/mo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 9

File: 1480348961875.gif (855KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1480348961875.gif
855KB, 500x283px
Ridley Scott is literally senile.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-says-he-anticipates-making-six-more-alien-films-ill-be-ready-to-go-again-next-year-161138717.html
>>
>>80196872
jesus christ Ridley. What's even worse is that the prometheus sequel just seems to be a repeat of the last movie instead of opening the thing up into a new genre.
>>
File: 1468463671100.jpg (76KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1468463671100.jpg
76KB, 500x400px
>>80196910
People said that about Prometheus. This movie is even less creative. It's basically Alien with tiny hints of Prometheus. At least the trailer for Prometheus looked good... this looks like pure horror trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL2LWNtn3uY
>>
>>80196872

Your gif run counter to the news within.

but yeah this idiot is trying to compete with Cameron it looks like 4 AVATAR SEQUELS HUH WELL I CAN MAKE 6 ALIEN PREQUELS
>>
>>80197011
Yeah I was fine with prometheus being a sort of spiritual successor to Alien, but I think the sequel has to run with the greater world he set up in the first one, can't just be a small location monster hunt again.
>>
>>80196872
no shit i realized that in 2007
>>
File: 1474762129005.gif (3MB, 240x175px) Image search: [Google]
1474762129005.gif
3MB, 240x175px
>>80197039
Just wait for the crossover.
>>
He's buttblasted about Neil trying to do an Alien 5. He's trying to stop other people from getting their paws on the franchise for as long as possible. It was only when Neil expressed interest in Alien 5 did Ridley suddenly run to the studio begging to do a Prometheus sequel. This dried up talentless fuck will keep making sequels every year until he dies. Bet he hopes Weaver will kick the bucket before he does so Neil will never get to make it.
>>
>>80197011
I don't get it. Didn't the lead actress and David head to the space jockey planet at the end of Prometehus? Is this not the continuation of that? Where is Noomi Rapace? Is she recast? Is this a different character? What is going on
>>
>>80197139
blomkamp is shit tier though, i'd rather have 6 senile ridley alien films than a sequel to the worst film in the franchise by that south african hack
>>
>>80197332
Ridley proved he's a senile old hack with Prometheus. After Prometheus I don't want him to touch the franchise ever again. At least Neil was gonna give us something new and original as opposed to this trash. Even if it turns out to be shit
a) there's no way it can be as shit as Prometheus
b) at least he would be trying something NEW with the franchise
Dumb tasteless faggot.
>>
>>80197210

Noomi's apparently dead, those are the dogtags found in one of the trailers, David has a new body (that figure you see silhouetted in the rain) and he's up to his usual bullshit
>>
>>80197388
South africans in space? As if buttcamp alien would be shit like all his work
>>
>>80197388
have you seen the concept art? ripley wearing alien technology, hicks back from the dead... its fanfiction m8. utter rubbish.
and prometheus was good, faggot
>>
>>80197388
No, he proved with prometheus that he can make a gorgeous movie filled with tension. It was the writers who failed badly by making the characters act like retards in key situations.
>>
>>80196872
*greedy
>>
>>80197521
yeah i know, and it was shit
>>
>>80197450
Not him, but Prometheus was fucking dreadful. You can give me any scene in the film and I can name you something logically retarded about it. The sheer number of plot holes and retarded actions by characters must be a Guinness World Record. It's meant to be in the Sci Fi genre, not the 'dude stop analysing it just turn ur brain off' genre. Some of it was decent to look at, but that just made it even sadder that it was attached to the most nonsense rambling story since Battlefield Earth. Why was Guy Pearce in it? To wear old makeup, hide on the ship for no reason, then get beaten to death for no reason? What a fucking waste.

Though this is all Lindelof's fault more that Scott's, I still wouldn't trust his mental capacities after approving that mess.
>>
>>80197450
>have you seen the concept art? ripley wearing alien technology, hicks back from the dead... its fanfiction m8. utter rubbish.
Finally seeing the Weyland Corporation weaponize the Xenomorphs could be interesting to see and it would be something DIFFERENT. Every single fucking movie the Corporation are beating you over the fucking head with trying to accomplish this and they never do. Starting the movie off with them having already accomplished this goal could lead into an interesting, fun series of events.

You say it's literally fanfiction tier. But would you rather that or Covenant? Ridley is treating it like a slasher sequel like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street. Introduce another batch of characters so they can all be killed off one by one by another Xenomorph infestation. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having a mindless fun sequel like that, but when you're putting an infinitely more interesting project on hold like Neil's proposed Alien 5, you need to step the fuck down and know your place.

>and prometheus was good, faggot
>boring bland characters
>boring bland characters who make some of the stupidest fucking decisions I've ever seen in a movie
>the guy WITH THE MAP of the structure GET'S LOST
>"scientists" fucking remove their helmets immediately without knowing if there's a harmful pathogen in the air
>protagonist is a scientist yet responds to "do you have any evidence to back that up" with "no, but that's what i choose to believe"
>that whole entire C section scene was one of the worst scenes i've ever seen
>charlize theron rationalizes having the c section machine when she says she likes to plan for any contingency. so she had the c section machine on board to plan for any contingency, a c section machine that literally ONLY OPERATES ON MALES
>the only likable character in the whole entire movie is the villain, michael fassbender, because he's the only character who has any semblance of intelligence
>>
>>80197388
Blomkamp's "new and original" take was to resurrect Ripley, Hicks, and Newt and have them all go to the Xeno homeworld and wipe them out for and for all! It was completely a fanboy-bait premise that's already been done in comics.
>>
>>80197485
Prometheus? Tension? What the fuck movie did you watch? Prometheus was a pretty movie with good production values, that's the one and only compliment it gets.
>>
>>80197688
Yeah, it's better for them to treat the franchise like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street instead. Introducing a new batch of characters and killing them all off one by one with no advancement in the Alien lore or mythology, infinitely more interesting.

Who the fuck wants to see the Weyland Corporation finally weaponize the Xenomorphs? Nah, just treat the franchise like a slasher series. I don't wanna see fun, lovable characters return. I wanna see Elizabeth, that boring bitch with zero personality and character motivations that make literally no sense return.
>>
>>80196872
This is just him still dealing with tony's death.
>>
>>80197634
dreadful? c'mon son, some of the writing was questionable but the atmosphere and mythology was quality.
>>80197656
you say that like its confirmed to be nothing but a slasher flick. it's channeling the original alien for fucks sake, what more do you expect? blomkamps movie should not exist, it's literally outside canon and pure fan fiction. plus he has only made one arguably good movie and has a hard on for cgi. it would be trash anon, just read the comics if you want silly alien adventures
>>
>>80198143
>it's channeling the original alien for fucks sake
So you want to see the exact same movie over and over again? You're not even trying to counter my arguments here.
>blomkamps movie should not exist, it's literally outside canon and pure fan fiction.
Just refer to
>>80197823
>Yeah, it's better for them to treat the franchise like Friday the 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street instead. Introducing a new batch of characters and killing them all off one by one with no advancement in the Alien lore or mythology, infinitely more interesting.
>Who the fuck wants to see the Weyland Corporation finally weaponize the Xenomorphs? Nah, just treat the franchise like a slasher series. I don't wanna see fun, lovable characters return. I wanna see Elizabeth, that boring bitch with zero personality and character motivations that make literally no sense return.

>and has a hard on for cgi
>actually using the le cgi is bad meme
You need to get the fuck off this website, you don't belong here. CGI in Neil's films has been outstanding, literally some of the best use of CGI ever in cinema. You're doing nothing but bringing up more reasons why his Alien 5 should've been made.
>>
>>80198270
elysium and chappie were shockingly bad, that's all i need to know that he should stay as far away as possible from the alien franchise. for a moment i thought the concepts looked cool when he posted them on instagram, then i remembered i'm not 12 anymore
>>
>>80197823
yeah because the point of the alien series was to have 'fun, loveable characters' lmao
>>
>>80198480
In the fist one, certainly. Bonus situation, anyone?
>>
>>80198373
>literally ignores every argument i present
I bet you're a liberal. Elysium was dumb fun, I agree Chappie was garbage but I'd rather someone helm the franchise with a fresh, new perspective than a senile, old man who already shat over the franchise with Prometheus.

>>80198480
>yeah because the point of the alien series was to have 'fun, loveable characters' lmao
Uh, yes, that was literally what made the first two movies so great you stupid fuck.

This isn't exclusive to Alien, any film has to have a character which is one or a combination of being fun, lovable or interesting. Ripley, Newt and Hicks were all fun and lovable. Rather have them return than the beloved Elizabeth (kek). You think the first two Alien movies would be worth a damn without the characters? Oh wait, you're a 12 year old boy who thinks "i wanna see da alien stick it tongue in to a skull blood is cool". You literally just said Alien does not need fun, lovable characters.
>>
>>80198649
you're wrong m8. i'm a traditionalist and in my eyes there's no one more qualified than ridley to continue the franchise HE started. alien & alien 3 are by far the best in the series, and the characters are far from fun and lovable. aliens is pure shlock, besides the decent production and set design. your understanding of the franchise is just wrong anon. but sure if you wanna see alien space battles with quips and 'cool' characters, by all means keep singing blomkamps praises
>>
File: IMG_0867.jpg (89KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0867.jpg
89KB, 720x715px
>>80198649
I love how Redditors and normies claim that blockbusters need to be "smart" again, yet you faggots can't even handle something as simple as Prometheus.

Watch, if Covenant comes out and clears up all the questions that confused all the ADD mouthbreathers who need to be spoonfed, everyone will suddenly pretend that they've always loved Prometheus. Screencap this post.
>>
>>80198788
I didn't say anything about Alien 3 having fun, lovable characters. The lovable characters reside in Alien 1 and 2. 4 is schlock but the characters certainly had personality. You're telling me you didn't care about any of the characters in Alien? Then what pleasure can you derive from it? There's no suspense because you don't care if any of the characters die. You just sat and watched it because "it cool when da alien kills the man, i like the blood part it good".

>but sure if you wanna see alien space battles with quips and 'cool' characters
Better than cardboard cut outs with zero personality. I'm sure we'll all be on the edge of our seat when Elizabeth is cornered by a monster in Covenant. Oh no, my favourite character, please don't kill off fan favourite Elizabeth!
>>
>>80199147
>protagonist is a scientist yet responds to "do you have any evidence to back that up" with "no, but that's what i choose to believe"
Mmmmhhmmmm, that Prometheus sure was smart and thought provoking. It's the Redditors who think Prometheus is smarter than it actually is. It looks pretty and this fools the simpleton's brain into thinking it is a quality piece of cinema. They're unable to distinguish the difference between autistic characters with no personality or sensible motivations.
>>
>>80199151
i didn't say i didn't care about them, obviously having interesting characters is an important aspect to narrative but they don't have to be 'fun and cool' lol. aliens followed the design of 'bigger is better' which was a detriment to the series. they ruined the mythology of the alien by making them mindless bugs. i do not want more of that shit in my alien films. i admit i used to love aliens when i was a kid but rewatching them all recently its flaws really become more apparent. also please don't mention alien 4 ever again, thank you.

and elizabeth wasn't the main character in prometheus you twat. it was david.
>>
>>80197039
Cameron however is still god damn James Cameron
if anyone on the planet can make 4 avatar sequels work its him
>>
File: IMG_0054.jpg (47KB, 575x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0054.jpg
47KB, 575x558px
>>80199195
>characters in a horror movie do stupid unsafe shit that they shouldn't do
>wowww
You do realize most of the scientists were just pseuds, right? Most of them believed in God yet were dumb enough to go looking for the beings that created them?

Yet again, a Redditor fails to understand a fucking summer blockbuster.
>>
>>80196872
>>80197092
>pre-music Arianna Grande

You can actually see that she's Italian in these gifs, wonder why she decided to make herself look like an anorexic Mexican once she got into music.
>>
>>80199396
>coming up with excuses for that plot-hole-filled garbage
>>
>>80199458
Not an argument.
>>
>>80199330
I never said they had to be "fun and cool". Let's literally copy and paste what I said:
>a character which is one or a combination of being fun, lovable or interesting

>they ruined the mythology of the alien by making them mindless bugs.
You mean like the Xenomorph was in the first movie? Kek. The Xenomorph was alone and scared. That's the extent of the original Alien.
>i do not want more of that shit in my alien films.
No, you want it to become Friday the 13th / A Nightmare On Elm Street: Alien Edition.
>and elizabeth wasn't the main character in prometheus you twat. it was david.
You see, the only reason you think this is because Fassbender's character was the only interesting character in the whole movie. Elizabeth was the protagonist and you're a fucking idiot for thinking this.

>>80199396
>>characters in a horror movie do stupid unsafe shit that they shouldn't do
>>wowww
Yes, you see, we call horror movies that do this, "bad horror movies". A novel concept, no?
>You do realize most of the scientists were just pseuds, right? Most of them believed in God yet were dumb enough to go looking for the beings that created them?
>the weyland corporation would send psuedo scientists on a multi-billion dollar expedition
The more you think about Prometheus the stupider it gets.
>>
>>80199195
The main theme of the movie was faith vs facts. The main grill was literally searching for God (the Engineers) while her boyfriend was an atheist who only believed in science and facts, who ironically gets poisoned by a robot. They critiqued Elizabeth's reliance on faith by counteracting her desire for a baby by impregnating her with an alien.

If you don't understand Prometheus, get your fucking GED as soon as you can, because this is literally freshman English class tier stuff.
>>
>>80199554
Except Guy Pearce, the CEO of the company, was on the ship the whole time and was looking for a way to extend his own life so he wouldn't die, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>80199585
A scientist would not have the beliefs that Elizabeth has, neither would she be assigned to a multi-billion dollar expedition.
>>
>>80199554
if you say so mate. if you really think the original alien is just a mindless bug then you have a poor understanding of its origins. giger did not create a mindless, scared bug, he created a demonic, alien entity. you have such shit taste and opinions its unreal.
>>
>>80199458
>refutes your post with a counterpoint
>haha it's an excuse xD
>>
>>80199713
How is that relevant to anything I said?

>>80199743
You got the wrong impression of what they were going for and are now buttblasted because I'm challenging what you've been conditioned to believe since you were a child. It obviously has some semblance of intelligence because it was smart enough to use stealth to ambush it's prey, but it's still a fucking bug that's killing people because it's scared. Also, I don't think a "demonic" entity would reproduce by transforming it's prey into eggs.
>>
>>80199730
No shit faggot, nobody else would be dumb enough to go to an alien planet thousands of miles away except a bunch of idiot pseuds looking to validate their own stupid beliefs. It's. a fucking. Horror. Movie. I swear you faggots think that Alien movies would be better if the characters just stayed on their ship with a bunch of guns and all the doors locked.
>>
>>80199398
>Anorexic Mexican

>Aliens

Hmm
>>
>>80199823
>nobody else would be dumb enough to go to an alien planet thousands of miles away except a bunch of idiot pseuds
No, that's exactly something a bunch of scientists would want to do. There would no end to volunteers for such an expedition. Yet Weyland hired a bunch of idiots.
>It's. a fucking. Horror. Movie.
>it's a horror movie so it's allowed to be written poorly
You're literally admitting the movie makes no sense. A good horror movie is written smartly. A shit horror movie is written poorly. Understand?
>I swear you faggots think that Alien movies would be better if the characters just stayed on their ship with a bunch of guns and all the doors locked.
Alien and Aliens featured smart characters yet the Xenomorphs were still a threat without shit writing. You see, a horror movie needs to be written smartly by a smart person.
>>
>>80199918
But none of them were scientists, faggot. David was the one doing most of the work. They were just cheap labor who only needed to go exploring.

Why is this so fucking difficult for you to understand? Why do you have such trouble comprehending that a scientist could make a bad decision?
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (43KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
43KB, 539x552px
>>80199918
>Alien and Aliens
>smart characters
You are pathetically retarded if you actually believe this.
>>
>>80199990
>They were just cheap labor who only needed to go exploring.
Weyland is an insanely powerful company that decided to skimp out on hiring decent scientists? People would be throwing themselves at an opportunity like this, top scientists would do it for fucking free.
>But none of them were scientists, faggot.
They were, but they were a bunch of retards.
>do you have any evidence to back that up
>no, but that's what i choose to believe

>Why do you have such trouble comprehending that a scientist could make a bad decision?
Everybody makes mistakes but they make decisions only a bumbling retard could make.

>>80200040
Damn, you so buttblasted.
>>
>>80199813
the alien was based on work from gigers necronomicon m8. which shows hellish, otherworldly, biomechanoid creatures and landscapes. literally shit from his nightmares. it is not a scared insect lmao
>>
>>80200149
Giger came up with the design, how he came up with the design is irrelevant you autist. The design of the Xenomorph is the only thing that's relevant. He had no input on it's meaning in the story.
>>
>>80200149
your mom's pussy is a necronomicon
>>
>>80200055
Going to an alien planet to search for the fountain of youth was a retarded decision to.

I don't know how many times you have to be told, but characters in horror movies sometimes make bad decisions.
>>
>>80200184
still trying to argue that it's a scared insect when even prometheus debunks that bullshit
>>
>>80200473
>I don't know how many times you have to be told, but characters in horror movies sometimes make bad decisions.
Making decisions only a bumbling retard would make is not something a good movie would do, especially when these are supposed to be "scientsits".

>>80200564
Top kek. The Xenomorphs are universally known as bugs.
>>
>>80197092
Dan Schneider you've done it again
>>
>>80200670
>The Xenomorphs are universally known as bugs.

what? do they reference them as such in any of the movies?
sure you're not thinking of starship troopers?
>>
>>80197656
the squid abortion scene is pretty good tho. its not as good as the original chestburster scene, and its not as good as the thing either. but still top 20 body horror scenes of all time, no?

i agree with the rest though.

also i'd say that fassbinder is the protogonist of prometheus. hes the only one with an arc.

shaw is 1 dimensional. everyone thinks she is 2 dimensional because of the amount of dialog she gets (and because she cries) but if you analyze the film objectively you will see.

shaw starts out "its what i believe" , ends movie with "i believe i want more answers" .. e.g. NOTHING LEARNED.

robot starts out to find out if humans are gods for creating him or if he can be a god by creating new life himself.

David: Why do you think your people made me?
Guy: because we could.
David: Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for you to hear the same thing from your creator?

unfortunately lindelof is fucking nutty religious hack, and i think ridley is the only one who knew what he wanted. so you cant get answers out of either of the cunts.

i think it goes like this:

david: if humans created me and they think gods created them, but really aliens created them, then if i create an alien, i will be god.

and by the end of the film he basically converts to be a space muslim , the same religion that the engineers are in (they worship the xenomorph... hint hint).

david goes from being an object, unable to reproduce himself, slave to humans who disrespect him, to being a parent/god to the alien.

thats a big ass arc.
>>
>>80197388
Hi Neil, how is the Chappie sequel going.
>>
>>80196872
Ridley Scott is somebody I would call an idiot to his face because he deserves it

I hope he's one of those guys who gets mad if you criticize his work so we can have a brawl
>>
File: 1485815918472.jpg (84KB, 573x729px) Image search: [Google]
1485815918472.jpg
84KB, 573x729px
>>80200040
>>
>>80202524
Not an argument.
>>
>>80197092
Based Dan is so based.
>>
>>80198649
>Elysium
was retarded bro.

matt damon? jodee foster? i'm not even talking about the plot, just the tone of the film was so boring.

also it was a ripoff of aeon flux toon, the rich and the poor, the slaves to the industry of military robots that only harm the slaves. except aeon told the story in 22 minutes. not 2 hours of crap "muh kid is sick" "im dying of radiation". copley is an interesting actor but i think not written great in elysium.

the whole movie is full of unlikeable characters, except maybe the girl.
>>
>>80202908
>>Elysium
>was retarded bro.
Why are you repeating what I've already said?
>also it was a ripoff of aeon flux toon, the rich and the poor, the slaves to the industry of military robots that only harm the slaves. except aeon told the story in 22 minutes. not 2 hours of crap "muh kid is sick" "im dying of radiation". copley is an interesting actor but i think not written great in elysium.
Why do I care? I already told you the movie is dumb fun.
>the whole movie is full of unlikeable characters, except maybe the girl.
Sharlto Copley single handedly carried the movie.
>>
>>80202991
>"retarded" and "dumb fun" are the same things

what?

esylium had bad writing, bad dialog, bad direction, bad pacing, bad characters and bad sets.

what specifically did you find to be "dumb fun" about it? mad max beyond thunderdome is "dumb fun".

esylium is syfy original pictures retarded with a big budget and big names but wasting it.

>Sharlto Copley single handedly carried the movie.
at least he tried in the film. but i think the guy who goes after him in d9 has more of a character than sharpley in esylium.
>>
>>80202991
you know, i'll even give you that sharlto is dumb fun in eslyium.

but hes in it for like 15 mins tops. that doesnt mean the whole 2 hours is fun because of him heh.
>>
>>80203560
>what specifically did you find to be "dumb fun" about it?
The action sequences.
>but i think the guy who goes after him in d9 has more of a character than sharpley in esylium.
The highlight is his performance, not his "character". Sharlto chewing the fuck out of the scenery was great. Contrast that to Elizabeth, a mediocre actress playing a boring character with no personality.

>>80203620
The action scenes were amusing enough for me.
>>
>>80203672
i think we agree more than not. the action scenes in elysium were fine to me. just my opinion that the action didnt make up for the fucking terrible boring matt damon scenes. oh well.

also i agree shaw is a terrible character in prometheus. david was more fun to root for.

i see what you are saying. imo ridley lost his mind in the 80s and hasnt done a good film since blade runner.

i even liked alien 4 (minus the retarded hybrid thing).

previously the alien franchise has been directed by different up and coming interesting directors.

although AVP/AVPR was shit.

so the question would be, since i dont like blomkamp, who would i pick to direct new alien?

no idea. luc besson why not? i think cameron lost his mind too.
>>
>>80203672
you're a top faggot
>>
>>80203908
gladiator and kingdom of heaven say hello
>>
>>80204012
suck that russel crowe dick bruh, gladiator was fuckin stupid.

>kingdom of heaven
didnt see it. orlando bloom? yeah ok...
>>
>>80204284
i don't even particularly like crowe but to say gladiator is anything but a good film is a complete disservice to the craft. you can't argue that elysium is good and shit on gladiator because no one will take you seriously.

and try it, maybe you'll surprise yourself. the directors cut is really fuckin good
>>
>>80204410
>i don't even particularly like crowe but to say gladiator is anything but a good film is a complete disservice to the craft.

enjoy your flashbacks.
>wheat.jpg

so fuckin boring. gimme spartacus any day.
>>
Only in this thread we had faggots saying that Alien 3 was good and Elysium was fun, with good action.

This board is fucking lost.
>>
>>80204700
It took you this long to figure this shit out? I knew it had gone to shit when blatant troll threads about the DCEU were allowed to reach bump limit while discussion on actual kino 404'd within the hour.

/tv/ is /v/ tier nowadays, nobody wants to discuss good shit and only like obscure garbage so they can brag about how contrarian they are.
>>
>>80204700
alien 3 was kino you pleb
>>
>>80205293
>literal franchise killer that was hated by everyone who made it
>kino

contrarianism was a mistake
>>
>>80205293
ok faggot lets hear it, what makes alien 3 good?
>>
>>80196872
>6 more alien films
someone please stop him
>>
>>80205939
hated by fincher and weaver maybe. blame studio interference. the directors cut it closer to his original vision. it was a bleak send off to the trilogy that was tonally more consistent with the first film than aliens was. the concept of a prison planet, the religious symbolism, the pure kino cinematography and practical effects (yeah the compositing of the alien looks off at points), but if you've seen the making of the amount of dedication and passion the special effects team put in to it is madness. and for the most part pays off. the new take on the alien itself, the fact they had the balls to kill off hicks and newt. also charles mother fuckin dance.
>>
>>80206443
also much more claustrophobic and horrifying than aliens was
>>
>>80206443
>>80206475
>predictable as fuck """"twist""""
>all the best characters of Aliens Killed offscreen before the opening credits even finish rolling
>Weaver hated the script so much that she demanded to be killed off
>Fincher hates it so bad he disowned it, almost killed his career before it could even start
>Prison Planet was brown and completely boring, looks like a shitty dudebro FPS
>Alien CGI looked like complete trash
>boring, unlikeable characters that nobody remembers
Your taste is utterly embarrassing if you think Alien 3 is any good.
>>
>>80206443
>a film is good just because they tried really hard.

bruh, i got bad news for you, they tried to make star wars prequels good too. doesnt make them good films.

as to your other nonsense, what?
>symbolism = good

man of steel had symbolism and it was shit.

alien3 is in the same rank as those other euro scifi movies that no one cares about. like stalker.

>>80206475
hahahahhahahahahaha no.

alien3 they have an entire planet to go fuck off on. clausterphobic no. maybe male rape horrifying but the movie holds nothing up to ALIEN.
>>
>>80206678
go fuck yourself, aliens is the 'dudebro' film of the franchise you mong. alien 3 is much closer to the original in scope and tone. you are a retard
>>80206775
lol the prequels are good tho
>>
>>80207077
name your top 20 movies, if you can. please.

doesnt have to be in order.
>>
>>80207077
Now that I know you're baiting, enjoy your last reply.
>>
>>80207305
ill give you top 10

badlands
barry lyndon
paris/texas
alien
chungking express
three colours trilogy
seven samurai
aguirre wrath of god
mulholland drive
tokyo drifter
>>
>>80207400
i'm not baiting. i genuinely enjoy the prequels but i never really cared for the original trilogy anyway so whatever
>>
Fuck James Cameron for ruining this franchise.
>>
>>80197011
>get something different
>>complain incessantly
>get something similar
>>complain incessantly

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>>
>>80197823
It really is better to do that. I would happily sit through a half dozen movies about botched colonization efforts if it meant I didn't have to see another stupid Aliens-tier movie where humans come in to slaughter and exterminate them. Knowing Blomkamp, the movie would be rife with tasteless Xeno-gore.
>>
>>80196872
Looks like he learned something from James Cameron and his plan to make 20 Avatar movies.
>>
>>80207966
James Cameron saved the Alien franchise from irrelevance, a bunch of movies and games still are tying to ape Cameron's Aliens.
>>
>>80207305
well i answered you, whats your top 10?
>>
>>80208003
If you have your own artistic image and idea carry it out to its fullest extent, it's when you adapt to meet the needs of peoples opinions that you lose credibility.
>>
>>80208316
Irrelevance from who, a bunch of knuckle-draggers who couldn't appreciate an alien that was sophisticated, exotic and foreign. The very embodiment of the concept of 'alien'? Yeah, it performed poorly, mostly because it came out in the era of Alf and E.T., audiences weren't ready for a scary alien menace.

But fuck Cameron for appealing to the lowest common denominator by turning the aliens into hissy, incompetent space bugs. Bugs that couldn't even kill a little girl over a period of WEEKS. How am I supposed to be fearful of the alien equivalent to the thieves from Home Alone?

And don't even get me started on the 'climax', an over the top, noisy robot fight that would make Micheal Bay blush.
>>
>>80207466
>alien
>seven samurai
>aguirre wrath of god
good choices, the rest is crap
>>
>>80209499
if you say so
>>
>>80199147
Explain to me how the Black Goo works, then, faggot.
>>
>>80199330
David was the antagonist! How are people this stupid?!
>>
>>80202491
>unfortunately lindelof is fucking nutty religious hack

He's a jew who hates god.
>>
>>80210522
lol because the main character has to be a good guy right? david has the most development in the whole movie, the film was more about him than it was shaw ya doofus
>>
>>80210819
>because the main character has to be a good guy right
Obviously not but if you think Elizabeth wasn't the main character you're probably autistic.
>>
>>80210819
It really wasn't. His scenes are just more memorable and it's warping your impression of the movie. Learn how to into screenwriting. Shaw is the first character we meet. The only character who has flashbacks. David is the one who keeps interfering with her mission and trying to do her harm. She'd certainly be back in the sequel if the movie hadn't completely fallen apart.
>>
File: howboutda.png (14KB, 669x460px) Image search: [Google]
howboutda.png
14KB, 669x460px
>>80196872
>1 prequel out already
>entire trilogy of prequels releasing within days
>at least 6 more alien films in addition
>all to explain the space jockey,which never needed explanation
>still no resolution to the bonus situation
>>
>>80196872
>it's okay when cameron does it!
>>
>>80211082

the jump between Titanic to Avatar was astounding, the jump between Prometheus and alien Covenant is a fucking faceplant into dogshit.
>>
>>80197039
>>80199381
They're both idiots drunk on hubris who will never achieve what they set out to do
>>
>>80211041
or maybe the film was more about him than it was shaw, even if she was touted as the protaganist from a more conventional point of view. why is that so hard to swallow? it's all about perspective m8
>>
>>80208340
hard to compile a top10, my tastes are changing often

top10:
casablanca
JSA
sanjuro
yojimbo
dr strangelove
the good the bad and the ugly
Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind (1980)
parents 1989
Django (1966)
tetsuo iron man

scifi top 11:
twelve monkeys
the thing
they live
Sommarens tolv månader (1988)
Five Million Years to Earth (1967)
Soylent Green
20th Century Boys (2008)
5th element
alien/aliens
prince of darkness

comedy top 12:
Adventures of Ford Fairlane
the crazy family 1984
El Crimen Perfecto
Il mostro 1994
buckaroo banzai
Out of the Dark 1995
satan met a lady
the trail (chinese)
blues brothers
surf ninjas
holy grail / life of brian
>>
>>80209499
barry lyndon and the trois couleurs movies are all good
>>
>>80202558
You would beat up an 80 year old man?
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.