[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this shit? I decide to watch Nocturnal Animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: mpv-shot0097.png (1MB, 1920x792px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0097.png
1MB, 1920x792px
What the fuck is this shit? I decide to watch Nocturnal Animals and this is the kinda trash I get in the first 3 minutes? Fuck this fat acceptance bullshit. Never dropped a movie faster.
>>
if you really did drop the movie 3 minutes in, then you did well, everything goes even further downhill after that, i made the horrible mistake of watching 30 minutes of that TRASH, sick suck bullshit movie
>>
>>80180429
what was the purpose of that intro?
>>
>>80180429
Eh it was okay, gyllenhaal's storyline was much interesting than the "wah i married a man for his money" bullshit that Amy adams was doing the whole movie. It seems like the movie ran out of steam at the end, they built up a lot of suspense for absolutely nothing at the end
>>
The movie is fine. It's well acted, well directed and has an interesting way to connect the both storylines

Just skip the intro if you want
>>
>>80180429
Why did they CGI her fat away if they want to accept her fat?
>>
>>80180493

Contrasting Susan. They're ugly on the outside, but are most likely doing something they really love. Meanwhile Susan just has the veneer of fulfillment and is miserable.
>>
>>80180429
>salty American gets fucking triggered

did Thom Browne hurt your feelies? eat some burgers
>>
>director starts out movie with literal pleb filter
>countless linkfags fall for it and turn off film before end of opening scene
Based Ford
>>
>>80180469
>30 minutes in
Saw it in theatres and sat through whole thing, it just gets shittier and shittier
Tom ford cant write for shit
>>
A Single Man is also kino.
>>
>>80181409
t. fatass

Lose some weight.
>>
>>80181860
reading comprehension: none
>>
File: 1482582651536.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1482582651536.png
134KB, 334x393px
>everyone completely missing the point
>>
>>80181673
yes it is
>>
>>80180429
Is that Amy Schumer's new comedy special?
>>
>>80181923
What is this elusive '''point'''?
>>
>>80181923
it's a meme, you dip

i think
>>
>>80180429
It was there to get you into an uncomfortable/ uneasy mood for the rest of the movie.
>>
Triggered pleb.
Now try watching more complex symbolics mmm maybe bergman or weerasethakul.
>>
>>80181993
Okay, essentially when we meet Susan at the beginning of the film, she's a "successful artist", but she doesn't actually care about what she's making. It's pure shock value that vapid hollywood types assign meaning but which isn't actually there. Her life has no real meaning. Look at the party scene, it's full of moronic sycophants masquerading as things they're not. She's trapped in a loveless marriage that she only got involved in because she was too afraid of the possibility of failure with the Jake G character. However, had she actually followed through on taking that risk she might have found real meaning and lived a fulfilling life. Instead she took the easy route and what does she have to show for it? A nice house, meaningless praise, suck up staff, and a husband who's cheating on her. Essentially she cheated on Jake in order to play it safe and it all blew up in her face. She became her mother, which she was so adamant she would never do. Finally when she finishes the book and realizes how royally she fucked up her life it's too late.
>>
>>80182176
>Finally when she finishes the book and realizes how royally she fucked up her life it's too late.

Reminds me of reading my diary to be honest
>>
>>80182176
Essentially the opening scene is grotesque for the sake of being so and the ultimate point of the movie is Jake's character punishing her in the most devastating way possible. Because he knows she was wrong, and he forced her to know it.
>>
>>80182176
this
/thread
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.