[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the exact moment HBO's "Game of Thrones"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 30

File: game-of-thrones-6.jpg (298KB, 655x984px) Image search: [Google]
game-of-thrones-6.jpg
298KB, 655x984px
What was the exact moment HBO's "Game of Thrones" jumped the shark?
>>
That ten minute monologue about beetle smashing.
>>
>>80174941
There were many, but the first time I thought what the fuck is this shit was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPn_MFWRa0
>>
>>80174963
That was kino though.
>>
>>80174941
around the time of tyrion's 2nd trial by combat.
>>
>>80174941
GoT didn't "jump the shark" you're misusing that phrase. It just had few bad episodes.
>>
Gilly's eternal baby.
>>
>>80174941
when they started changing shit around in the 2nd season, removing characters and arcs wholesale and replacing them with shitty, pandering fan-fiction.

"Talisa of Volantis" was the first sign of things to come.
>>
>>80175068

seasons*
>>
>>80175014
Damn how did you even spend that much money on a show and have it look that bad?
>>
>>80175068
this anon is right except that there has been more than a few. it's not so much jumping the shark and more not being a good show anymore.
>>
>>80175104
>Robb married under the Seven
>>
>>80174941
The phrase "jumped the shark" actually comes from an episode of Game of Thrones in which Jon Snow jumped over a shark on his jet ski.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UurwW4VicoM

Remember what it was
>>
>>80175068
>few bad episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6l9oS16S1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sggmx8vysoc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvPeiTNTz00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfPn_MFWRa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTgnnyHLf_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnYQqs8_Yxw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZENMxM4OpD8
That's all off the top of my head.
>>
>>80174941

Dunno about exact moment, but for me the first laughably bad scene that took me out of the show was the battle with the skeletons at the tree with Bran and crew. It just looked so bad in comparison to everything that had come before, and was acted so terribly. The series was still salvagable at that point but it was a hint of things to come with the terribleness that was season 5. Season 5 really killed that show. Season 6 was just more nails in the coffin.
>>
>>80175176
no. it actually comes from a running joke from Reno 911 when they jump the shark for autism.
>>
It's funny how the Sand Snakes fight was so fucking terrible but the Battle of the Bastards was fucking awesome.

You can see where they put the budget and that probably indicates the endgame
>>
Dorne sucked horribly.

I also think the show lost too many great characters. The first few seasons were unmissable, each episode was so addictive. However, when the show lost Ned, Robb, Catelyn, Joffrey, Tywin, Stannis etc...it's hard to lose such a great cast of characters and remain as powerful as it was previously.
>>
It was going downhill from season 3 but the moment when it became total shit was season 5's finale.
>>
>>80174941
her tits gave my penis an erection
>>
>>80175068
GOT would have been better off if the entire 6th season didnt happen at all
>>
WE
>>
>>80175324
you mean 5th
>>
>>80174963
Was that original D&D script? I swear I remember that scene in the books... I could have imagined it after seeing the show though.
>>
>>80174941
Is that Ramsay?
>>
The short scene where Asha sneaks into the dreadfort with a bunch of goons.
It was a warning because it happened as a result of a silly line they regretted putting in at the end of season 3 which was why they tried to tie it up in one short scene and move on.
I remember that was the first episode I really disliked, and I thought a lot of the tiny changes before were annoying (like Robb's eastern wife) but it was after that episode that I realised how they'd all come back to fuck the show down the line.
Now here we are, I've lost all excitement for the show and I'll probably only watch it so I can shitpost along in /got/
>>
>>80175409
Yep, that doesn't happen in the books. Jamie and tyrion don't speak until Jamie's helping him escape, another scene that they botched
>>
>>80174963

KTHUNK KTHUNK KTHUNK

My sides for some reason caught me off gaurd that day.
>>
>>80175409
That was season 4 or 5? By then there was more original writing than adaptation. Chances are if there was a bad scene past season 3 it was something created whole cloth by D&D. By season 6 everything was like 90% original story.
>>
You know it's true
>>
>>80174941
The dragons.

Because fuck medieval fantasy.
>>
>HOLD THE DOOR

They (((literally))) turned it into a show with genuine time travel. Fucking time travel.
>>
>>80175608
>CARMELLA HOLD THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>80175324
The 5th season you mean. There was no way to make a good 6th season with how badly they fucked up the show in season 5. Season 5 was like them driving out into a vast field of hip-deep manure then camping for the night. When they wake up they're still going to be hip-deep in shit, there's no possible way to continue on that does not involve wading through shit.
>>
Id say theres no direct moment where GoT went to shit. It was a gradual change between seasons 2 and 6.
Certain plotlines that were integral to the books were cut completely and the large expansive amount of characters and plots began to swiftly dwindle for the sake of removing the complexity many normies complained about ("lol i dont even know anyones name outside jon, kellyc and tyrion")
Also characters motivations seemed to completely shift for the sake of storytelling(Stannis has to be one of the most butchered characters ive ever seen).
Id say the real nail though and what most people tend to go to is the OC stuff the writers added to the story. Shit like Dorne and a lot of Season 6 were completely made up by the show runners and their incompetency in storytelling shows with these plotlines.
Overall GoT went to shit when the show runners just started disregarding the books in favor of their own stories and dumbing it down for the masses with less political intrigue and more EXPLOSIONS AND HUGE BATTLE SCENES, which funny enough Westworld inadvertently makes fun of this when Ford shoots down the cocky writers new storyline about adding in gratuitous violence and sex appeal for the sake of gratuitous violence and sex appeal.
>>
>>80175419
Asha was also the first big miscast
>>
>>80175109
>>80175256
Not to defend them, but the Sand Snakes fight *was* filmed in a location they only had access to for one day

I've no doubt it would be *slightly* better if they had more time, but it was plainly clear those girls have not been trained properly or for long enough in fighting choreography

I feel so sorry for Jaime and Bronn's actors for that scene
>>
After season 4 it goes to shit.
>>
End of season 4. Everything they did with Jaime, Tyrion, Tywin and the whore changed it from "still pretty good" to "none of this makes any sense, what the fuck are the writers doing".

Then it went completely off the cliff with season 5.
>>
>>80175569
I agree It was the second season. But Stannis could be salvageable. What did It for me was Dany's Arc and specially the HOTU sequence.
>>
>>80175193
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTgnnyHLf_E (daughter burning)
This isn't even bad though, I mean the scene is actually great for the TV series. Only bookfags that know Stannis as a different character have a reason to dislike it.
>>
>all the slaves in essos no matter where they are from have the same clothes

annoys the piss out of me
>>
File: 1485915162058.jpg (158KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1485915162058.jpg
158KB, 1080x1350px
Season 4 Episode 10
S4 had some great scenes but

the children of the forest with the retarded fire hand grenades scene, that's when I knew it was over, they'd stopped caring
>>
>>80174963
That was genuinely great - what's not to like about it?
>>
>>80175818
Thing is up to that point Stannis loved his daughter more than literally anything else in the world, then suddenly fuck it lets kill her in the most gruesome way possible.
>>
The exact moment I said "I'm done" is when Doran and his court were murdered by the Sand Snakes. It showed that not only were they not paying any attention to the source material anymore, but they didn't even care about the story or its setting and were just in it for cheap thrills. It was the single biggest "fuck you" to fans of the books I'd ever seen in a show like this.
>>
I'm a bookfag who read the books last year and really enjoyed them, is it worthwhile to watch the show after that?

Everything I see about it makes it seem to be either "the books but worse" or "full on steaming garbage" so I'm not sure there's much reason to get into it.
>>
>When Stannis was character assassinated

This is the only correct answer. There were warning signs beforehand but this is when I knew their shitty story was going to be terrible.
>>
>>80175941
Eh, first season is the best adaptation ever, the second and third are good retellings of the books, fourth one is ok and it's utter shit after that.
>>
>>80175284
This.
We've lost all our interesting characters and are now left with
Tyrion whose story has run its course and his character has just been spinning his wheels since the end of season 4.
Jon whose story is the most generic fantasy hero story.
Dany whose story was always the most boring and uninteresting.
And Cersei whose story has also kind of run its course.
And from the leaks we see that Littlefinger is gonna die so the last real player left in the game gone and now its just generic fantasy war epic with clear good guys vs clear bad guy.
>>
>>80175324
5th season

At least they had the decency to do away with the abortion that was the Dorne plot entirely and kill it early (in the most insulting, but euthanizing way possible, I suppose) in season 6.
>>
>>80175941
Season 1 is very faithful to the books. Stuff has to be cut in order to fit the format, but it's still overall a close adaptation. Season 2 is when the cuts start getting more glaring and while it's still mostly the same you also begin to fear how they will draw plots together after cutting so many things. Season 3 shows that they'll just invent new scenes that conveniently resolve the plotholes they created by cutting characters and events. By season 4 onward they just steadily get more and more original scenes than adapted ones and by season 5 it barely resembles the books.
>>
>>80175210
this desu, in particular the BloodRaven reveal

>a thousand eyes and one
>>
>>80175892
>then suddenly fuck it lets kill her in the most gruesome way possible.
But it's not suddenly. Everyone acts like he just goes for it before the words even leave Melisandre's mouth, but that's not the case.

He initially refuses the suggestion. When his own strategy isn't improving he falls back on it, and you get a scene where he clearly doesn't want to kill Shireen, with a clear look of guilt and sorrow on his face. During the actual scene he is quite clearly dead inside, I mean he is pretty much the embodiment of grim.

I can understand people maybe wanting more build up to it, but it's not like it comes out of nowhere. He doesn't burn her the first chance he gets, and he doesn't look anything other than miserable as he does it.
>>
Brienne fighting the hound.
>>
File: 1484343080193.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484343080193.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>80175912
Not to mention they've turned Tyrion into a meme dwarf, made Dany an unkillable mary sue in every way with a FUCKING smug look on her face that makes me want to strangle her.

Cersei somehow still has control over anything after what she did. The way that Sansa acts makes her seem like a littlefinger 2.0 with oh so much power but she's literally useless outside of her vagina.

The writing has gotten stupid, and they've resorted to stupid thrills and tropes like The Waif or whatever chasing arya down a alley like a shitty slasher movie.

Fuck im mad
>>
>>80175994
>We've lost all our interesting characters and are now left with
We still have Jamie, Davos, Melisandre and Theon (who is admittedly very underused)
>>
>>80176109
But that is suddenly. We go from earlier in the season where he searched the entire world to find someone who could save Sheeren and then in a single episode his Plan B is burn her at the stake.
if that aint a 0 to 60 character change I dont know what is.
>>
>>80176160
Jamie is a cucked version of book jamie
Davos is alright, same with Mel.
Theon is sadly being toted about under girlpower tumblr feminism bullshit. I doubt he'll do much
>>
>>80176144
God season 5 and 6 were so terrible. There's so much shit wrong with Dany's arc in the show it's just mind boggling how it got this bad considering hers was one of the very few story arcs they spent enough time on to not have to cut anything.
>>
>>80176109
Book Stannis will never burn his daughter at the stake. Never. It's been repeated numerous times in the books that Stannis will never bend, only break. ie he'll die before he changes
>>
>>80176109

Literally the episode prior he talks about how he did everything to rescue her. I get that D&D were just trying to emphasise the weight of the decision but it just made Stannis look indecisive.
>>
>>80176195
The point of earlier in the season is to show that he truly does care about Shireen (and people can hate on season 5 all they want, I think it's the worst as well, but the scene where he says she's his daughter is one of the best in the show) so that his decision would have more impact, and seem more of a dilemma. He is told in a previous episode about burning Shireen is he not - it doesn't all happen at once?

I mean maybe you're right, maybe it was very sudden, but what the writers clearly intended is pretty clear.
>>
>>80174941
Her tits are literally fucking 10/10 perfect.
>>
>>80176160
Jaime's character in the show is almost exactly opposite of his character development in the books. Everything I like about book Jaime is absent in show Jaime. Davos is still mostly okay, barring one major out of character thing, but his core character seems undamaged. Melisandre they've managed to avoid ruining simply by avoiding her. Theon sadly has no hope of being interesting since he's been shackled to the idiotic remnants of the Ironborn plotline.
>>
>>80174941
When they finished off killing ALL of the interesting characters, so Tywin's death.
>>
>>80174941
When they killed off Tywin Lannister the show truly turned to shit
>>
YUU WAN THA BAD GURLL
>>
>>80176212
>Jamie is a cucked version of book jamie
Who cares about the books? Jamie, as a different character on the show, was still one of the best. If Theon owned the 2nd season, Jamie owned the 3rd season.

>Theon is sadly being toted about under girlpower tumblr feminism bullshit. I doubt he'll do much
You're probably right. I can live in hope though.
>>
>>80176355
>>80176358
>Tywinmind
But yeah it's no coincidence that is when many also claim the books took a turn for the worse. The end of book 3, with Tyrion killing Tywin, was a pivotal moment in the series because it drastically changed the balance of power in Westeros. Tywin was keeping so many people in check that without him it just turned into a free for all shitshow of who could be the biggest fuckup with Cersei trying her damndest to earn that title.
>>
BUT YOU WAN BAD PUSY
>>
its hard to pinpoint an exact moment since the show tends to build and have a momentous final 2 episodes

but we can say with some certainty that the show started declining quite rapidly in season 4 after joffreys death, slowly turning into a show where the action sequence are the only redeeming thing (oberyn, jon snow etc)

its lost all its subtlety and intrigue
>>
File: 1379862954924.jpg (133KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1379862954924.jpg
133KB, 919x720px
>>80174941
>You will never breathe deep of her bad puci
>>
>>80175014

this is xena tier
>>
>>80176390
>Who cares about the books
You don't understand. In the books Jamie is arguably one of the best characters, period. You get to see him grow immensely as a character.

Instead they cut all that away and make him a good little boy who follows all the tumblr women power fantasy horseshit, gets no development and just acts like an idiot
>>
GoT jumped the shark when they killed off the Dorne plotline due to fan backlash
There was lots of shit before that, but bowing to fan pressure is the worst thing they can do

It was so sad that they manoeuvred their way into cutting the Ironborn arc from the books, but then rushed back into it again once they realized they needed to replace Dorne
>>
>>80174963
wrong. this is a solid scene. Tywin dying on the shitter 2 episodes later is the exact moment the show went to shit
>>
>>80176490
The dorne abortion was due to fan backlash? You mean because the sand sneks in S5 blows ass in comparison to anything? So they axed the whole fucking thing?
>>
>>80175878

Who
>>
>>80176508
It's utterly useless, too long and the biggest problem is that they had it in but cut good scenes that actually would have made sense and developed the characters.
>>
>>80176490
I don't know if you can really say it was due to fan backlash, but it was very obvious they were writing Dorne out of the show with that little coup the Sand Snakes pulled. But if so, I can almost believe it because it's D&D being spiteful as fuck. People don't like their empowered xena squad so they make them kill all the beloved characters from the books and then write them all out of the show forever.
>>
I hope grrm dies before finishing the books just for the lulz
>>
>>80176471
I know, I've heard all about how much better the books are - with Jamie always being brought up. But you're watching the show, and should judge it on it's own merits.

But the Jamie in the show has got development. He's clearly a more humble and empathetic character now, and has stopped being a villainous character. Everyone complains about Jamie in the TV show still being in love with Cersei, or not despising her etc - but does no one else think the scene with Cersei on the throne at the end of season 6 is hinting that he'll turn against her? His look of worry and disapproval, especially since she did what he stopped the mad king from doing(?), seemed pretty clear that all isn't well.
>>
File: IMG_8760.jpg (81KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8760.jpg
81KB, 884x800px
>watching game of plebs
>>
>>80176595
I bet they will postmortem publish book 6 from what he has written so far if he does die. I'm not sure when I gave up on him completing the series, but I feel like I came to terms with it years ago.
>>
>>80176634
Based on it's own merits the show is a pile of shit. The writing without GRRM to fall back on has clearly suffered. Then add in Jamie being a little cuck, and it's salt in the wound
>>
>>80176634
>But you're watching the show, and should judge it on it's own merits.
Not him, but this isn't a very good argument. I could understand it if the show from the very beginning was going to be a loose adaption; they were going to mess around with elements and change stuff up. But it presented itself as a fairly accurate adaption and then it just sort of degraded.
>>
>>80176519
>>80176567
You can tell that the Dorne abortion wasn't planned out because of how they handled the Ironborn and Dany's ships

When Dany captured Meereen, they had Daario say they captured a specific number of boats. That number was the same as the number of ships that Victarion was bringing to Meereen. It was a nod to the fans to say that Victarion and the Ironborn had been cut because their purpose in the plot had been replaced.

But in the same episode where the Dorne plotline is cancelled, all of Dany's boats magically are set on fire, thus requiring the Ironborn for the plot again. And lo and behold, the Ironborn got time in later episodes
>>
>>80176657
I never really got too bothered, since it's showed signs of decline. Same thing with berserk.
>>
>>80175912
That was the ultimate outcome anyway. They were just sparing us an entire season of The Sandsneks feat. Darkstar.
>>
>>80176748
I know but I've been reading this series since the early 00s. 13 years total. It had so much promise. I got into it when there were only 3 books. And each one just got more incredible and hyped. Book 4 was hard to get into at first because it lacked so many characters I wanted, and introduced so many I didn't know or care about (though having reread it several times I actually like it a lot more now). And book 5 was just a disappointment I feel like. All those years waiting and it didn't deliver enough, it felt like treading water until the next book came out. In the early years of waiting for book 6 my anticipation was immense, because it would FINALLY move the plot forward from book 3, that last really hype book before things got all slow and directionless.

But now I can't even give a shit. Cause I know it'll never be resolved.
>>
>>80176260
You can really tell she is the favorite and will continue to have everything handed to her on a sliver platter without her having to actually work for it. The people I talk about GoT with (showfags) will never understand my pure hatred for Dany.
>>
How the fuck does Cersei get away with everything without the law doing shit?

I mean hundreds of people died in the finale and I'm guessing nobody is gonna investigate that, better make her queen.
>>
>>80176920
Fear
>>
>>80176920
Are you retarded? Do you think absolute monarchies have checks and balances or something?
>>
>>80176920
The same reason the sand sneks can murder the Prince of Dorne and aren't immediately crucified by the first Dornish lord to make it to Sunspear and claim the crown of Dorne for himself as the avenger of the beloved Martells.
>>
>>80176920
Because bad writing, extremely bad writing

>>80176942
fear of fucking what? she literally has NO ONE on her side, hell the city watch could of immediately turned on her considering she killed the true Queen, the entire religious order, and a bunch of extremely high lords
>>
>>80176953
>Do you think absolute monarchies have checks and balances or something?
Yes?
The French monarchy, which was the quintessential absolute monarchy, had all kinds of bureacracy.
>>
The biggest shark-jump happened when they introduced the church and its leader. The church wasn't an element throughout the entire show, and in what, 2 or 3 episodes, it has a power that rivals the king's?

At that point it was clear that the show was going to treat the main plot like they treated dany's plot since season 2: make up whatever you need to keep the show rolling, without fleshing it out and making it realistic. Every city and location in Essos is like a cardboard cutout backdrop (and always has been). There's no character and no realism to them. So then they made King's Landing that way, and when they introduced Dorne it was the same, and when Arya went to Braavos it was the same. The show has lost all of its grounding. It's sort of like watching the pieces on one of the show's warmaps, they move around but they aren't actually part of the world, they aren't connected.

Of course, this is just a symptom of poor character writing and the rushed pace of the show, which has so many things to get done each season, so many "epic" confrontations, that it can't take any time to ground itself.
>>
>>80175912
Yeah this, I've read the books and it makes 0 sense and I don't understand how they thought it was a good idea. They kill Doran and his bodyguard and all the other guards secretly hated him and do nothing? the rest of dorne suddenly decides that four baseborn bastards are now their overlords? Why wouldn't another house take control? Why did the Sand Snakes even do this in the first place, they're family.

It was at this point that GOT was irredeemably shit, it is dumb and bland dribble for the masses that eat that shit up.
>>
>>80176953
They're called vassals. You know, those guys who rule 90% of your kingdom and who command private armies loyal to them and are just waiting for you to show weakness so they can replace you as the guy on top? Cersei has exactly zero loyal vassals, she has nobody that would obey her, nobody to fight for her. Her power is so much vapor, it's not based on anything concrete. The first lord to march an army into Kings Landing can just take the Iron Throne from her and she can do nothing to stop him.
>>
>>80176987
>fear of fucking what? she literally has NO ONE on her side, hell the city watch could of immediately turned on her considering she killed the true Queen, the entire religious order, and a bunch of extremely high lords
Fear of whatever else she may have. She killed hundreds of people with something no one was expecting. She is a Lannister with their army. She is allies with someone who can resurrect the dead, and has the said resurrected at her side.
>>
>>80177018
The books introduce it in a meaningful way. All the poor fellows or whatever are streaming in from the War of Five kings, so the High Sparrow has many, many bodies to turn into soldiers for his cause. Cersei also gave them power because she's an idiot
>>
>>80176920
I know, in the Books all the lords would just revolt, you'd think all of Westeros was empty outside of the main settings of Winterfell, the Wall and Kingslanding.

Not to mention the people of Kingslanding would riot seeing there main church just got alluhachbar'd
>>
>>80177025
>it is dumb and bland dribble for the masses that eat that shit up.
Worse than that, it's the kind that makes them think they're intelligent for watching it.
>>
>>80177063
Aerys burned 1 High Lord and his son, and half the realm revolted within a day.

Cersei blows up a bunch of extremely important people, including the Faith of the Seven, with literally no one to support her, after being locked in a dungeon that completely destroyed her ability to command people, and no one does a thing. The entire Tyrell army was in kings landing on that day IIRC as well, and only the church got blown up
>>
>>80177025
You know what they did it, girl powah.
>>
>>80176490
The fact that we dont have Vicki pisses me off
>>
File: victarion.jpg (218KB, 1000x1055px) Image search: [Google]
victarion.jpg
218KB, 1000x1055px
>>80177154
Considering what happened to Euron, maybe that's a blessing
>>
>>80177003
>>80177060
Richard the 3rd killed 2 young princes inline for the throne and the vassals didn't bat an eye.
>>
>>80177063
>She is a Lannister with their army

Their army is in Westerland made up of vassal lord's collected arms, the lords of the westerlands (if they existed in the show) would dump Cersei in an instant, Tywin is gone and Kevan just got murdered. Cersei would have no army if Game of Thrones actually made sense, but it doesn't.
>>
>>80177063
>She is a Lannister with their army
Her army is not at Kingslanding, it's under Jaime's command hundreds of miles away. Furthermore she commands nothing, she's not a knight, not a general. Her power depends entirely on others. And right now none of the people who TENUOUSLY support her are around her. She's totally isolated and just made the wealthiest, most powerful realm in the Seven Kingdoms her enemy. And guess who wasn't in the Sept of Baelor? The Reach's most talented and senior field commander: Randal Tarly.
>>
>>80176657
If anything I hope Elio and Linda can finish the books. I secretly hop PRESTON does it
>>
>>80177215
>Preston
No thanks

The story would end up being a post apocalyptic lost space colony with time travelling secret Targs and shit
>>
tbqh for me I don't think it's the writing but the setting.

Like, I understand the series is grounded in high fantasy concepts that were introduced since the very beginning (white walkers, dragon eggs, etc.) but I feel like those fantasy elements have really overtaken the political intrigue that made the first few seasons so good and interesting.

I don't think the series 'jumped the shark' but it has moved in a direction where I don't really feel connected to it as much as I was in the beginning. Again though, just my own personal preference.
>>
>>80177200
Richard the 3rd ruled a post-feudal England. Moreover there was no conclusive proof he had them killed. And in fact they DID rebel against him eventually, twice in fact.
>>
>>80176920
Because Feminism
>>
>>80177179
They would have made him a meme or a homosexual like they did with Asha, I mean Yara, because your average pleb is too dumb to know the difference between Osha and Asha.
>>
>>80177268
Well, that's pretty much the point of A Song of Ice and Fire, a world where magic is just some ancient shit everyone forgot and is awakening again, of course it's gonna take a bigger role the more the series goes on.
>>
>>80177275
>eventually
There was no evidence Cersei blew up the church and GoT takes place in world that more resembles the Renaissance age.
>>
>>80177200
>>80177275
very complex time in english history

not an apt comparsion imo
>>
>>80177018
If they did the proper BWB and Brienne storyline then the High sparrow would make sense
>>
Them changing Tyrion killing Tywin because the audience could possibly only remember Shae killed it for me.

Lazy as fuck and didn't make any sense. They could have reminded people of Tysha.
>>
>>80177334
these things happen at approx the same time though, just in different parts of europe

both are high medieval settings
>>
>>80177404
>high medieval settings
*late medieval
>>
>>80177334
>GoT takes place in world that more resembles the Renaissance age
Except the Seven Kingdoms is a feudal society that resembles the high middle ages in its power structure. Bannermen are masters of their own domain just like feudal lords were. Fiefs are the currency by which lords buy the service of those sworn to them. Kings still require oaths of fealty to formalize their rule in the Seven Kingdoms.
>>
>>80177268
The thing is, the political intrigue is waning because all the characters engaged in it are being killed off in order for Danny to come in at the last minute to save the shitshow 7 kingdoms from the spooky skeletons.

The political intrigue that was the whole point of interest in this fucking show in the early seasons is being supplanted by generic fantasy memes (dragons, necromancers n sheet, the darkness, magic, divine intervention, resurrection, prophesies, the chosen one, one true Queen in exile Danny and little orphan who could Jon both resplendent in their plot armour, etc). The show that used to be Machiavellianism in the Middle Ages has become D&D: Adults Only Bad Pussy Edition, and that's why I and a lot of other people have become bored of it.
>>
>>80174941
Those 18 year old tits were absolute fucking kino.
>>
>>80177348
Especially when they literally had Jaime and Tyrion talking for ten minutes in the episode before...

Also for some fucking reason in the show they had Tyrion offer Shae shitload of gold that would have basically made her a princess and she declined because... apparently she preferred being a lowly whore.

Fuck D&D are stupid.
>>
>>80177309
Not to mention if done correctly could have added some balance to the le edgy and gritty portrayal of politics where everyone is a bottomless pit of treachery and ambition. It might actually have introduced a sense of mystery and subtlety to the show.
>>
>>80177448
you're correct
>>
>>80177179
Dont remind me about Euron
Fuck I was so happy that he was coming on but holy shit he was terrible in the end. But I guess youre right about that
>>
>>80174941
they killed the girl with the golden clavicle
>>
>>80177448
The technological level is late medieval, but the power structures are high medieval, though Littlefinger seems to represent a transition to the late medieval structure with his emphasis on mercantilism.
>>
>>80177532
I stopped watching the show after season 5.
What did they do with euron?
>>
>>80177565
Eh maybe you're right. I know more about the aesthetic/technological differences with the middle ages than the politics.
We need more early medieval fantasy though, Tolkien is all I can think of in that regard.
>>
>>80177569
he yells on about his big cock and somehow makes 1000 boats or whatever on an island with no trees or agriculture whatsoever
>>
File: 1443130887796.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443130887796.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>80174941
Is this qt Mexican-looking chick from this webm? Does she get her tits out anywhere else? God Almighty she's hot
>>
>>80177569
He's a big dumb brute who talks about his cock and just wants to kill Asha and Theon.... For reasons
>>
>>80177569

LETS GO AN MURDAH MY NIECE AND NEPHEW

*IRONBORN CHEERS*
>>
>>80177601
>We need more early medieval fantasy though
Not much is known about the time aside from its most famous figures like Charlemagne. It was a lot more chaotic then. "States" didn't exist so much as warlords and whatever land they could lay claim to.
>>
>>80177569
he's a tubby non-threatening guy with a lisp who says he's gonna give Dany his Big Cock
>>
>>80176987
She'll use Ser Robert Strong to fight the thousands and thousands of enemy knights and bannermen allied against her.

:^)
>>
>>80177676
You're speaking of Western Europe right? Cause the east was another matter entirely. Byzantium was still going strong, though most of the stuff outside it was being overrun by hordes of some variety or another.
>>
>>80177702
>the Mountain has killed two (2) people on-screen since being 'resurrected'
>>
File: muh dick.webm (261KB, 300x304px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.webm
261KB, 300x304px
>>80177666
>18 yo tits
>>
File: archo36.jpg (384KB, 1006x667px) Image search: [Google]
archo36.jpg
384KB, 1006x667px
>>80177666
Ahhh, I came here for this.

Thank you, Satan
>>
>>80177676
Yeah but fantasy is fantasy. I'd almost say early Medieval is better for fantasy because it's more mysterious. You have all those weird viking figures that we know nothing about, or the legends surrounding how places like Poland and Bohemia popped up.
>>
>>80177200
Henry VII had something to say about it
>>
>>80177673
>Book
>None so accursed as the kinslayer
>Show
>Leds go murder mah fabibby!!! :D:D:D:D:D
>>
>>80177705
Yeah that's what most people mean when they talk about the middle ages. You can't really paint a picture of all of Europe since it varied so much depending on the region. The west though, where feudalism got started in what is now France, was a chaotic place after the western Roman Empire collapsed in the 5th century. You had Franks and Goths and Roman breakaway states all fighting over Gaul. The Merovingians managed to conquer most of what is now France and that sort of stabilized the region, in the sense that instead of disparate groups fighting now it was mostly just Franks fighting other Franks for dominance.
>>
File: Jones.gif (937KB, 500x196px) Image search: [Google]
Jones.gif
937KB, 500x196px
>>80177666
FUAARKKKKKK those titties
>>
>>80177477
This makes all of GRRM's posturing about "lol Aragorn's tax system" pretty hilarious in hindsight.
>>
File: 1369695127410.jpg (15KB, 190x216px) Image search: [Google]
1369695127410.jpg
15KB, 190x216px
>why dont the unarmed commoners try to kill Cersei who is guarded by countless guys in full armor, a zombie that can rip a mans spine out and would blow up the entire city if enraged

Dorne following the snkes makes no sense, but I dont get how autistic everyone is about Cersei. Shes even the rightful queen since shes a distant relative of Robert.
>>
>>80177814
You just need the aesthetic. Chainmail, leather, linen, Ulfbehrt swords, Dane-axes, crusaders, German tribes, fractured states all across the place, early castles, barbarian raiders, people like Charlemagne's Paladins, a fallen empire whose successor lies in a far off land, very rare plate of any kind - use fantasy as an excuse for rare and powerful but highly experimental suits of plate.
>>
>>80177941
Except she isn't first in line, The Baratheon's have multiple cousins in verious Stormland houses.

Cersei is queen because show logic and she took it. Nothing rightful about her.
>>
>>80177814
It would make for an interesting setting. I think the reason it's not used as much is cause there isn't as much romantic lore around it as the high middle ages with its knights and chivalry and big stone castles and all that. By comparison the early period is mostly motte and bailey forts and ex-legionaries duking it out over the rotting corpse of western Rome.
>>
>>80177982
Crusades were the high medieval period. 11th century is well past the early period.
>>
>>80178004

>The Baratheon's have multiple cousins in verious Stormland houses.

They dont exist in the show, Olenna wouldnt rule the Tyrell forces either if we counted book characters
>>
>>80178018
That's the thing, though, King Arthur is dark ages shit, it's mythic, sure, so you can go late medieval if you want, but 'historically' it's early medieval. Knights of the Round Table vs Charlemagne's Paladins when? The early medieval period had the crusades. It had vikings, too.
>>
>>80178039
You're right, I've forgotten my dates.
>>
>people unironically thinking the show abides things like "logic"
>>
>>80177941
>Why shouldn't an imprisoned ward of the kingdom who was just marched naked in shame be allowed to seize control of all the king's soldiers (the same king who declared her a shamed prisoner in the first place) and suppress both the rest of the lords of Westeros who have their own standing armies and a religious order that had such massive support of the population that they became the dominant power in the city and whose leader she just killed, all while the Lannister army is fighting for her brother thousands of miles away?

I don't know, anon
>>
>>80175649
let's stop pretending the books are good
>>
>>80178087
There's no shortage of King Arthur movies, and they tend to not be very historically accurate because the legends themselves were not very historically accurate. The oldest ones we know of were first written in the 12th century, which explains why the supposedly early medieval Arthur's court resembles a high medieval one.

What I've always wanted is a story about the first missionaries to go to Germania and Scandinavia. The guys who likely ended up dead or going native because they had no fucking idea what they were getting into.
>>
File: satan.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>80177735
>>80177781
>>80177864
You have not answered me
>>
Isn't it really predictable that every time there's tension things will always go the worst possible way?
>>
>>80174941
>show become mainstream
>tv dislikes it
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>80177569
Terrible, terrible things
They didnt even do the fucking proper Kingsmoot and then they gave him to the Drowned God even though he doesnt believe in it
>>
File: 1488786047947.png (9KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
1488786047947.png
9KB, 620x368px
>>80175637
Watch it anon
>>
>>80178338
It was mainstream in the first season.
>>
>>80178178

>King is dead
>the faith made her a prisoner, the forces of the power all died
>theres still Lannister men + city guard + Mountain + wildfire protection for Cersei
>Cersei was made queen while the city was still burning, do you except the whole realm to teleport to Kings Landing before they even hear of what happened?
>pretty much the entire realm is either leaderless, busy with local conflicts or actively marching against Cersei right now

Now tell me, which armies are supposed to stop Cersei on the same day/week maximum of her blowing up the sept?
>>
>>80178251
Well I don't want more King Arthur stuff, I'd just like to see more early medieval fantasy, at least just aesthetically. Lord of the Rings was meant to be early medieval in style with some higher fantasy trappings, and for the most part the movies actually stuck to that until Gondor had full plate.
>>
>>80176144
>The show is writen to appeal to women and numales.
Look at what they done to every single female character.

Cercei, Dany, Sansa, Arya, brianne. Even the fucking sand snakes. And compare it to all the male characters starting with fucking stannis that were ruined.

Like all the female characters turned into fucking mary sues and all the male characters are ruined?. It Can't be a coincidence?.
/tv/ saw this up since the filler seasons but you fags wouldn't listen.

Really i can't even care about the source material anymore considering George meme martin can't even put down the doritos to finish the fucking books.
I stopped watching since brienne beated the Hound so idk but fuck this show anyway.
>>
>>80178401
Ever since listening to Dan Carlin's Thor's Angels, I've been fascinated by Charlemagne's ancestors; Charles Matel and Pepin The Short and so on. Would love a series that gave a season to each generation.
>>
>>80176109
But thats a load of bullshit.

Oh so he had a conflicted look while he burned his daughter
wew, that makes it so much better.
>>
>>80176413
>>
>>80178396
>Marched naked in shame in sight of the entire city
>Is now giving orders

I'm sorry, when she declares "I'm the queen now", who is she going to be speaking to? Almost every single one of her subjects would be hostile to her for one allegiance or another, her only really ally is the Mountain, and he would need to be everywhere at once to be able to keep the citizens under control.
>>
Anything after season season 3
>>
>>80178401
There's no real concrete similarity between Middle Earth and Europe cause it's such a patchwork. The hobbits live in a way not all that different from rural England at the time Tolkien was writing the series. Perhaps only 2 or 3 generations removed from himself. It was very much a nostalgic take on country life in England, the best his home had to offer.

And then you have Gondor to the south, this grand kingdom in the vein of the Frankish lords of Gaul holding the line against the orcish (muslim) hordes of Moor(dor). And then in the background elves and dwarves torn straight from old Germanic and Norse myths and fairy tales, their roles and and societies totally separate from man's.
>>
Gurm jumped the shark in 2000 when he killed off his best character desu
>>
>>80178737
I mean early medieval technology-wise, everyone's supposed to be in maille of some kind, not full plate. If anyone had plate it'd be orcs due to industry.
>>
>>80178687

She absolutely has the mountain and Qyburn (nuke the entire city panic button)

The city is full of Lannister men and city guard. Why would they oppose her? The bitch is crazy, theres a good chance the mountain or wildfire kills them if they try to kill her, they got no other lord to serve, and the first army coming to KL is Jaimes, who would kill Cerseis murderer. Lannister army should be loyal to Cersei (and no better alternative) and city guard just cares for payment.
They got everything to lose and nothing to win.

The faith is gone and the commoners are naked weaklings who would also get blown up and also currently have no better alternative ruler.
>>
>>80178796
Joffrey will be missed
>>
File: WATCH IT7.png (256KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
WATCH IT7.png
256KB, 900x900px
>>80178391
>>
>>80178957
>city guard just cares for payment.
How's Cersei paying them with no more Lannister money or Tyrell alliance?
>>
>>80175878
This.
>>
>>80177477

I don't know, I think that GRRM is saving up for another "Red Wedding" level gut punch. I mean, yes Dany and Jon could go on to marry and save Westeros from the White Walkers, but I feel like there's some wrench that's going to be thrown into the fairytale ending of a story. Maybe Jon and Dany hate each other? Maybe one of Dany's dragons die during her time in Westeros? The writing in the books has overall been too good and clever for the story to end with Jon and Dany ruling as king and queen of Westeros.
>>
>>80179209

1. I doubt city guards pay day is three minutes after her coronation and she surely has some spare cash
2. Who else would pay them, at least for the moment? If Cersei cant pay, no one currently in KL can, which brings us back to any action against her is either suicide or youre stuck in a power vacuum
>>
File: 1487677581882.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1487677581882.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>80174941
Season 3

Complete and utter trash territory by season 4
>>
>>80179291
White Walkers are the good guys
Melly is going to DIE
Jhon will become White Walker
Ice Jhon will slay dragons and Dany
>>
>>80179377
>Jhon
>>
>>80178957
>Lannisters and city guard

The Kingsguard are all elite knights from different houses who are sworn to serve the king. They would not declare allegiance to someone the king had disgraced, even if she somehow hadn't been denied her titles as a prisoner. They would also be able to easily kill Lannister footsoldiers in combat, especially given that the main force of the Lannisters is far away in an ongoing siege. Her ONLY allies in KL are Qyburn and the Mountain, neither of whom have any political sway whatsoever.

So again, who's going to be her subjects?
>>
>>80178957
>The city is full of Lannister men
Tyrell men. Most of the Lannister army is in the field, under Jaime's command. Only a handful of household guards remain in the city, and those were Ser Kevan's own, only loyal to Cersei because she's the last living Lannister in the city.

>and city guard
Who were originally loyal to Littlefinger and now to the Tyrells since Littlefinger is no longer there to bribe them and the Lannisters have no more coin with which to buy their loyalty. The Tyrells, however, were overflowing with money and food and that's why the people of Kingslanding loved them. And now they are gone. No more coin to purchase loyalty, no more food. Remember how people were starving back in season 3 and 4? Because they were at war with the two main breadbaskets that feed the city? Now that's back. And they can't even stem the worst of it by buying supplies from the Free Cities because they also have no more money.

>the first army coming to KL is Jaimes
The Tyrell army is already there. She cut off the head of the army by blowing up pretty much everybody important to their command structure, but there's still many thousands of them left. Not to mention the bulk of their army is still intact and under the command of Randal Tarly, who is easily Jaime's match if not better as a field commander.

Cersei is FUCKED
>>
>>80179424

City guard isnt the kings guard, one of them murdered a king, one of them is a dead pedo-torturer (who also sucked at fighting), one of them was bought by CIA, they all didnt give a shit about Roberts order that Ned is supposed to be ruler until Joff/"the heir" come of age.

Kingsguard in KL are maybe 10 fucking guys tops, they couldnt deal with the Lannister army, maybe not even with the mountain. And again: WHY kill Cersei? They would just risk death by mountain, Lannister men or wildfire, shes the rightful queen by bloodline, they got no one who would pay them after Cersei AND have a history of ignoring kings orders ... you expect that bunch to autistically kill her in a fit of rage for no good reason?
>>
>>80174941
just after the red wedding
>>
>>80179680
Lannister guard will remain loyal insofar as obeying Cersei is a better option than the alternative. You can bet they are praying for Jaime to get to the city fast and take over because I doubt any of them would be willing to die for her. They are not that many and would not be able to stand against an angry mob of starving commoners with probably most of the city guard mixed in since she won't be able to pay their wages anymore.
>>
For me, it got shit after the Red Wedding or when Joffrey died.
>>
File: 1488686231731.jpg (39KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488686231731.jpg
39KB, 720x480px
>>80179680
>one of them is a dead pedo-torturer (who also sucked at fighting)

Show canon REEEEEEEEEE
>>
What was the first scene that broke your immersion?
Or to ask something similar but different, what was the first scene which violated the show's internal logic?
>>
>>80179471

City guard has no Tyrells to be loyal to, theyre dead. Olenna is with Danny, she cant pay them.

Starving isnt a problem one the very same day/week the Tyrells and the alliance died. Killing Cersei wont magically help either with the food shortage.

Tyrell army forces in KL probably died partly, and the force that went with Mace was pathetic to begin with.There are more Lannister men during Cersei coronnation.
The bulk of the army is with Danny.

And for the millionth time, what you all ignore: If the Tyrells could kill her, why? Theres a huge chance to die and no benefit to stopping Cersei right now, any sane Tyrell man would just leave the city.
>>
>>80179910
He is a torturer and a shit fighter in the books though and dead
>>
>>80174941

Literally Season 3
>>
With the exception of Jon, the books become a meandering, unreadable mess of side-plots after the Red Wedding. D&D knew they couldn't use most of the material in them because nobody cared about those areas and characters, but that they still needed to buy time for the Jon stuff to play out, so they made their own changes and came up with their own ideas. Unfortunately, all of these ideas were shit, in some cases worse than the already-terrible source material, and definitely incredibly poorly-paced.

Dorne served no purpose without half of the Martells, the failed crowning of Myrcella, and Aegon. So much criticism was hurled at this that they killed almost everyone involved, in a scene that advanced the plot there further in thirty seconds than it had been in an entire season, but in a way that made no sense (how could the Sand Snakes get away with murdering the heir to Dorne?). Braavos was eight episodes of Arya getting yelled at for being a shitty assassin and then she just escapes and immediately shows up in Westeros and does her own thing with no consequence. Stannis dies having served no real purpose other than to briefly mentor Jon, Ramsay becomes a comic book villain who spends eight episodes mainly getting rid of loose ends (Stannis, Osha, Rickon, Roose), again with absolutely zero consequence (killing Roose should have resulted in at least SOME bannermen joining Jon), until he's defeated in the exact same way as Stannis at Blackwater and the Wildings at the wall. King's Landing ends up being the biggest offender with two whole fucking seasons spent on political court intrigue only for Cersei to decide she can solve all her problems by simply murdering everyone who stands against her, and she somehow ends up becoming queen even though all Robert's heirs are dead and she herself has no claim to anything.
>>
>>80179837

>muh wages

Can you fucking think for half a second?
WHO ELSE CURRENTLY IN KL HAS MORE MONEY THAN CERSEI?
Those guards dont even know the Lannisters are broke and always received payment until now. Shes queen for a few fucking minutes at the end of the season, yall act as if she immediatelly had to pay 10 years in advance.
>>
>>80178971
shoulda specified pov character
but yes joffers will be missed regardless
>>
>>80175014
the very scene i closed the ep, deleted it all, never watched another second of that dog shit tv show
>>
I stopped watching when Dany soldiers died to something on some ruins. I think it was Season 4 when the first episodes got leaked.

What really happened since that? It seems like the show is something else by these complaints
>>
>>80180437
>I stopped watching when Dany soldiers died to something on some ruins. I think it was Season 4 when the first episodes got leaked.
That was Season 5

>What really happened since that?

A shitton of stuff. Not easy to just summarize

>It seems like the show is something else by these complaints
It's not, /tv/ just likes to exaggerate a lot.
>>
>>80175104
This.

Season 1 was the only one
>>
>>80178303
Nah. Plenty of other tits but you've already seen the best so why bother.
>>
>>80178303
Also, italian, not mexican.
>>
>>80175555
>By season 6 everything was like 90% original story.
Quads wasted on this stupid comment...
>>
File: IMG_5751.jpg (191KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5751.jpg
191KB, 683x1024px
They practically backflipped when Arya got stabbed in broad daylight AFTER going into hiding.
>>
File: 1474374085416.jpg (152KB, 1080x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1474374085416.jpg
152KB, 1080x1065px
>>80177666
>nipples that could cut glass

how did bronn not cum his pants the moment he arrived on set?
>>
>>80178473
They really fucked up Arya's storyline though, and made her less competent than her book counterpart.
>>
File: 1488445166080.jpg (403KB, 878x930px) Image search: [Google]
1488445166080.jpg
403KB, 878x930px
>>80175555
>>80181397
But it's true
>>
>>80177666
thank you satan
>>
>>80181538
She has the power of feminism.
>>
>>80181538
to be fair her book storyline is just as dull and directionless as the show version
D&D just made it contrived and retarded as well
>>
>>80177666
At what age do tits start to sag?
>>
Very very early in S5.
>>
>>80176858
>having reread it several times
wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>80177179
But that's Victarion
>>
It was the red wedding, because that was the point of no return, where everything was built around appealing to youtube reaction videos.
>>
>>80181552
>Them changing Tyrion killing Tywin because the audience could possibly only remember Shae killed it for me.
It's not. The show looks nothing like the books at this point. Saying 90% of season 6 looks like them is ridiculous.
>>
>>80174941
It jumped it before, but the defining moment was when D&D ran out of source material from GRRM. Idiots tried to top GRRM and failed horribly.
>>
>>80177569
>What did they do with euron?
LOL, the show became such a huge pile of shit and made Euron such a terrible character that I even forgot that he appears.
>>
everything post-Red Wedding is the decline

D&D have literally stated their desire to do the show was to put the Red Wedding on screen

Once that was done their interest was gone
>>
>>80177569
pretty much the exact opposite of what his book character is
>>
>>80179291
>The writing in the books has overall been too good and clever
That was right until A Storm of Swords.
>>
File: 1464476270600.png (97KB, 568x547px) Image search: [Google]
1464476270600.png
97KB, 568x547px
>>80182408
What's Cersei's tax policy?
>>
>No Jaime arc

His story line in the book was a main reason to continue reading the series, and you know D+D are fucked as they started with flashbacks when at the very start of the series they said they would never do them.
>>
File: 1488278504220.jpg (33KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488278504220.jpg
33KB, 960x960px
>>80182007
Anon was saying 90% was original writing instead of source adaptation, AKA the show writers making shit up.

They were agreeing with you.
>>
>>80182663
True. I was completely doggered.

Apologies anon.
>>
This was a nice thread
>>
>>80177666
came here for this
>>
>>80181735
Depends on the size but I had a girlfriend who had 10E tits (Australian sizing) and she was 23 when I was with her and they already sagged to just above her belly button the moment she took off her bra.
>>
For me it was was when Daenery's poorly thought out actions never had any real negative consequences compared to everyone else on the show, because of GIRL POWER.
>>
>>80182998
>10E tits (Australian sizing)
How big is that
>>
>>80183094
I don't know bra sizing all that well but I think the number in front refers to the circumference of their waist or torso and the letter is the cup size so.

E is the next size up after DD. I think it's F in the US.
>>
File: disgraceful things.gif (822KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
disgraceful things.gif
822KB, 320x180px
>>80174941
I've never read the books. Is the Dorne stuff any good in the books? it's SO fucking boring and poorly presented in the show.

also what the fuck is good with Stannis? His entire plotline for 5 seasons culminated in NOTHING. What does he do in the books?

Having nothing to compare it to, I still definitely enjoy the show for what it is, but it's got some HUGE problems that nobody outside of /tv/ seems to talk about. Definitely feels like it's getting dumber. Battle of the Bastards was pretty cool though.
>>
>>80175154
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DO NOT REMIND ME
>>
>>80183192
>Is the Dorne stuff any good in the books? it's SO fucking boring and poorly presented in the show.

Some of it's good. It's where it left off and seemed to be heading that was most tantalising.

"I am not blind, nor deaf. I know you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes."

We may never know what book Doran had in store.
>>
>>80183179
>I think it's F in the US.
Now this is australian shitposting, assuming that I'm a burger instead of posting a pic.

Just kidding anon. But pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>80181735
Ask your mom
>>
>>80183192
Most people seem to hate it but I thought the AFFC Dorne part was a nice little self contained story with a great ending.
>>
>>80183192
>Is the Dorne stuff any good in the books?
Dorne is the most interesting kingdom in the books
>>
>>80181735
depends on size man, and if they wear the right bra, and if they do sports or not and stuff...
bad pussy's tits look fake desu. Too round and perky and just perfect. Real tits aren't like that. Until i see them giggle... at least.
>>
File: IMG_2258.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
>>80175154
>>
>>80183254
>>80183259
>>80183282
It's really weird to consider there are important book characters literally just flat out killed off on the show

What's the deal with book stannis? is he dead by now also? What does he do?
>>
>>80175154
just like his dad?
>>
I never understood why they cut Vic. You'd think a mentally deficient viking pirate with a lava arm would be prime television.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocQRPl1FYQ
I stopped watching it after this scene.
>>
>>80183350
never read the books

this sounds awesome, who the fuck is vic?
>>
>>80183338
Cat was from the Riverlands though. Talisa wouldn't worship the seven.
>>
>>80176709
The source material went out, they have no other choice but to continue without it

And for this, we should jugde the series for its own merits
>>
>>80183331
>What's the deal with book stannis? is he dead by now also? What does he do?
His ass freezes in the North while he gets ready to lay siege into Bolton's Winterfell
>>
>>80183350
They literally cut off all of the good parts of the last two books and replaced it with absolute shit.
>>
File: book show 1.jpg (276KB, 1464x888px) Image search: [Google]
book show 1.jpg
276KB, 1464x888px
>>80183378
oh yeah i think i missed the context of that post
wasn't thinking about how d&d shoved that foreign whore in for extra shock value
>>
>>80183256

It was 11 years ago. I don't even have any pics to fap for myself sorry anon.

I had some pics taken with an old VGA phone but they're gone forever.
>>
>>80183331
He's still alive. He saves the Night's Watch like in the show, then proceeds to gather support from Northern houses, mainly by freeing them from Iron-born control. He's either about to freeze to death, or he's got a grand master plan to smash the Boltons.
>>
>>80183426
it was a good ass though
>>
>>80174941

The moment they killed of my boy Ned.
>>
>>80183467
so like, why isn't the show following this? Is there any reason to have killed him off the way they did?

Seems like a huge waste.
>>
File: C6VGLKyVAAMleVi.jpg (172KB, 800x794px) Image search: [Google]
C6VGLKyVAAMleVi.jpg
172KB, 800x794px
>>80183373
Theon's other uncle, Victarion. He's the Lord Captain (admiral) of the Ironborn Fleet. And he gets into all sorts of crazy shenanigans with the Reeds, reachmen, Euron, a horn that can allegedly summon dragons, monkeys, the free cities and a Red Priest who gives him a flaming hand after his gets wounded. His sub plot is great because it just doesn't take itself seriously at all.
>>
>>80183373
>who the fuck is vic?
Victarion Greyjoy. Balon and Euron's brother. He hates Euron, but accepted him as King. He's going to Essos to look for Dany, and bring her to Euron so they marry, since Euron find a magic horn that controls dragons. But he plans to fuck her and keep her for himself. During the trip, he invaded the Shield Islands, an archipelago in the Reach, sworn to the Tyrells, and killed a Lord's son in personal combat, but got wounded.

He fights with armour plate, which is rare for an Ironborn, but says that he does that because he's not afraid of drowning. Also he's very religious.

Badass character desu
>>
>>80183465
No worries. Just try to find australian tits of that size and post em.
>>
>>80183558
>>80183570
why the fuck isn't this character in the show? Seems like a no brainer.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but wouldn't it be monumentally easier to just adapt storylines from the books instead of trying to come up with your own shit? I know they were making the show faster than the books were being created and adaptation isn't perfect so there's stuff they have to cut, but it seems like there's TONS of content they could have used and just chose not to, for no reason?
>>
>>80183621
>wouldn't it be monumentally easier to just adapt storylines from the books instead of trying to come up with your own shit?
I've thought the same, but it wouldn't be that easy because the fat bastard doesn't know what he's doing, and he has increased the number of plots on the book. That's why he's taking so much time to finish them. Shit has become so complex that he doesn't know how to wrap it up. Gordo pajero.
>>
>>80183621
I'm guessing casting a new character comes with new expenses and they seem reticent to add any new ones and instead seem to be cutting off characters as quickly as possible.

I'm guessing it's due to budget and D & D who are both hacks being over the series and wanting to get to the end as quickly as possible.

I remember an interview back around the start of season 4 where they were talking about the challenges of putting the Red Wedding on screen and felt like if they could do justice to that part of the book they would have achieved something great.

I'm pretty sure they checked out soon after and just said yes to any story changes that HBO execs suggested.
>>
>>80183621
I think personal bias has become an issue with the show. D&D pretty clearly have their own views on certain characters and plots and would rather get through them quickly rather than do them justice.
>>
>>80183727
>>80183765
Is the next book supposed to be the finale to the series?

I should probably just suck it up and read them.
>>
>>80183785
The Winds of Winter is the second last followed by a Dream of Spring. TWOW is supposed to be out this year but who knows anymore with George,
>>
>>80183785
there's at least 1 more book after the next one
maybe more
the fat man has realised how much story space he needs to re-centralise the plot
>>
>>80183785
No. There's two more and with all the various story threads that need tying up I'm guessing even if George wasn't lazy he'd be struggling to come up with a way to resolve them all.

I think there's a slight chance we see the next book and next to no chance we see the final book and a conclusion to the series.
>>
>>80183785
No. That's the whole part. There should be another book coming.Book 6 will be published, but the fat motherfucker will have a stroke before book 7. It will be written by someone else based on Martin's notes though.

>I should probably just suck it up and read them.
I'm kind of angry with Martin for being too busy with his comic cons and junk food, but I have to recognize that I had fun reading the books. Not so much with most of book 4, but anyway I think it's worth. Go for them anon.
>>
>>80175068
>>80175193
The thing about GoT is that you can point out several bad individual moments but what makes it truly bad overall isnt individual epsiodes but entire plotlines spanning entire seasons. For example in season 6 there was not one single plotline that ultimately made sense except Cersei's, and that spent 8 episodes being unwatchably boring and repetitive.
>>
File: jojen-death.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jojen-death.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>80175210
this is the most iconic death in the series though.
>>
File: GoT-showrunners.png (317KB, 1132x1114px) Image search: [Google]
GoT-showrunners.png
317KB, 1132x1114px
>>80174941
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
File: le brain meme.png (2MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
le brain meme.png
2MB, 857x1202px
>>80178796
this
>>
File: sadstan.png (608KB, 561x693px) Image search: [Google]
sadstan.png
608KB, 561x693px
>>80183830
>>80183843
>>80183856
>>80183898
>>80183905
>GRRM's posts a new blog post
>PUBLICATION NEWS

>its for Wildcards
>>
>>80183546
I think D&D just didn't like the character, so they got rid of him. They reassigned what he might do for more opportunity to make Jon a hero. It's a shame because, assuming he does have everything planned out and can pull it off, it would be absolutely mind-blowing to see it all come together.
>>
>>80175608
>they

This is a GRRM plot, the books have always been about time travel, since Bran I, AGOT
>>
>>80183950
>brb getting stabbed
>>
>>80175735
Dany and sansa
>>
>>80183956
98% of the American entertainment industry is Jewish.
>>
>>80176490
I actually unironically agree with this.

Including the Snakes last minute at Bryan Cogman's behest (and consequently removing the exposition for Bran's time travel training including the Theon scene, etc, and jumping straight into straight up unadulterated time travel with no explanation in season 6) was when the show started getting bad.

but it didn't jump the shark, as in just fucking give up trying to even pretend to be any good, until they admitted that they're just pandering to what their facebook audience wants by aborting the Snakes in such an ungodly stupid way. Then it became abundantly clear that every other decision the show made from then on out was simply just answering the requests of whoever screams the loudest about their favorite character across social media.
>>
>>80178473
Yeah like try to name one male character that isn't a complete bastardization of their book counterpart, a meme, unimportant, or dead. You literally cant.

>>80181538
In what way is arya ruined compared to her book character? Shes the same little meme toughgirl cliche, same boring pointless character who serves no purpose, but who keeps getting shoved down our throats because we're supposed to like her for being a "cool" girl

>>80180014
i literally hate jonfags
>>
>>80176490
tfw it's been so long i don't even know what Dorne is
>>
>>80183369
Yeah they should spend more than $2 of their budget on scenes for the most important character desu, this was a disgrace
>>
>>80184419
yeah, all arya chapters offer post AGoT is a nice bit of unique perspective on the war. and after she pisses off to braavos it's just so irrelevant and pointless that it's not even worth reading. not a particularly interesting character either.
probably the worst pov in the books, gurm should've just killed her off earlier or merged her with another storyline
>>
>>80184455
>most important character
>literally a plot device to find out who generic fantasy protagonist's secret parents were
>>
>>80184545
I generally feel the same way, but her Mercy chapter from TWOW is pretty good.
>>
>>80184545
the pointlessness of her and her chapters is what makes them so fucking unbearable, at least with brans chapters even when they get boring like in ASOS you at least know theres ultimately a greater point to his storyline but with Arya theres literally nothing redeeming like that because shes such a useless character
>>
>>80184624
im not saying the writing is bad, but she's just a meme character with no importance to the plot
im pretty sure the fat man wanted to kill her off at the RW or maybe earlier but his wife whined about arya being her favourite character so he kept her around
>>
>>80184598
Yeah yet another reason why the show sucks ass compared to the books, thanks
>>
>>80184072
almost all the major female characters tbqh
>>
>>80175256
All the Dorne stuff is filmed by a different production unit with a different director. A director who happens to be fucking trash.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.